Bought New PCX150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Bought New PCX150

Post by ScooterKim »

a larger windshield is definitely a must. the bugs you see splattered on your shield would be on you ! I think they put the small windscreen on the PCX just to have you trade up, to a larger windscreen. I bought a medium GIVI first but too much wind around the helmet. and, although I have a full face helmet, I prefer my 3/4. so, sold the mid-size GIVI on ebay and went to a large GIVI. The mid size looked better... the large works better.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We normally take our PCX 150 on runs longer than what you were talking about. It isn't unusual for us to do a 150 - 180 mile round robin at 50+ mph. Heck, we even take it on the freeway occasionally and it keeps up with traffic quite nicely. Because it is a Honda I think it will have a long life.:-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Great news that they are on the mend. That can really weigh on you.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Leethal88
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Leethal88 »

I just bought a brand new pcx 150 and loving it, working on getting my mc license right now
- Lee

Owns: '13 Honda PCX 150, '97 Honda Civic LX
Burtboywonder
Color: Black

Post by Burtboywonder »

Member's Post was moved to PCX Technical Board - He could use some advice/help ;)
~WN~
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I've done 50 to 60 mile rides with my 2019 PCX150 routinely, running at mostly full throttle with no ill effects so far. Sometimes the top speed of 65 is just barely adequate to keep from getting run over on a 55 mph road, but mostly it works.

Regarding the windscreen, I found that the stock mini screen was fine if I wore a full face helmet with the shield down. But in hot weather I prefer to wear a 3/4 helmet so I bought a National Cycle windscreen which is pretty huge and I am not a fan of how it looks. It does block most of the wind that would hit my chest, but doesn't do much for helmet wind. I added a small addition as was recommended by some on this forum, that I bought on Ebay for about $20. Come Spring I will see if this addition makes a difference or not, but it sure is not an attractive look to have a tall winscreen on this small scooter PLUS an extension on the screen. If the addition doesn't help with the helmet wind, I might just go back to the better looking stock windscreen totally.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Burtboywonder :P
I'm Sorry you're having problems with your scoot running. Sounds Technical to me. So I don't think You'll find the answers here under PCX General under this topic: "Bought New PCX150."

The Resolve is to start a new Topic under our PCX Technical board, (to it's proper location) where it will be seen and get greater exposure and hopefully the answer(s) you need.

1. How? Highlight your text above then "select all" of Your text. (You will paste that text later).
2. Now go to our PCX Technical Board and Start a New thread.
3. Then paste your text selected earlier in the threads message box.

After you've completed that task I will remove your initial post ;)

^^ UPDATE: DONE. Member re-posted in PCX Technical Board
Thank you Burtboywonder
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Anyone that plans to ride above 50mph for long periods of time I HIGHLY recommend the bigger tire sizes. Without a doubt the best mod I did to my bike for comfort and ride security. So much more stable at speed.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by grndslm »

Conelite wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:23 am Anyone that plans to ride above 50mph for long periods of time I HIGHLY recommend the bigger tire sizes. Without a doubt the best mod I did to my bike for comfort and ride security. So much more stable at speed.
What size would that be?? .. just for reference. ;-)
vito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: silver

Post by vito »

I'm happy with the stock tires and wheels on my 2019 PCX150. My last scooter before this one had 12 inch wheels, so these seem almost like motorcycle size wheels and do just fine. The small wheels are what kept me from buying a Vespa (along with the high price). As to speed, I probably ride at above 50 mph almost all of the time and have not found the wheel size to be a problem at all.
U.S. Army retired
Former MSF Instructor
Fully retired!
2019 Honda PCX150
2021 Can Am Spyder RT
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

grndslm wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:42 pm What size would that be?? .. just for reference. ;-)
Essentially you run a front tire bigger than the original rear tire. and go full Savage on the rear with a 140.

140/70 rear
120/70 front

You can see just how much bigger the rear is. It also gives you about 3mph on the top end at the limiter.
TiresSide.jpg
TiresSide.jpg (139.59 KiB) Viewed 860 times
vito wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:27 am As to speed, I probably ride at above 50 mph almost all of the time and have not found the wheel size to be a problem at all.
If you ran the larger tires, you would understand. Its night and day. Just feels much more stable at speed and isnt effected by the road lines as much as the stockers.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Burtboywonder

Post by Burtboywonder »

Thanks for your interest. The tires have not been changed since before the problem occurred. The scooter ran perfect until the crankshaft was replaced.