MC Endorsement

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ben
Regular User
Regular User

Re: MC Endorsement

Post by ben »

Yeah when i did it it was in the lower category, but the DVLA are so crap maybe you will find when you receive your licence they have given you a full A licence by mistake! ;)
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

I just got it added yesterday!

The classes sucked hardcore... I was fully geared in 90F hardly moving at all... And doing the same dumb U-Turns and S-Turns over and over. But whatever, I never have to do it again.

COMPLETE!

I aced the driving and got a 98% on the written
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Well done! :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

I took MSF the course with my 16+ year old daughter in my home town close to Seattle, WA. My wife will take the course later this summer.
The absolute best thing for me as a father is that some officially sanctioned school taught my daughter. I don't care that we did slow speed u-turns in the course. She learned first hand how to "press right - lean right - go right" at 20 miles per hour. (Left also) The instructors gave me the confidence to trust my daughter out on the road. The main thing is that my daughter was getting instruction from a pair of instructors with certainly 20 times more experience than me, and that we were in a class with 3 scooters (including my daughter and me) and 8 motorcycles. My daughter was listening very carefully when instruction was given pertaining to clutch control for the motorcyclists. She is very serious about learning all safety aspects of riding.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Urbanian wrote:Laws vary widely. Here the written test gets you a permit which is good for riding anything on two wheels. The only restrictions are no pilon, rides after sundown, and permit lasts only one year. Full license test requires simple maneuvers on a course designed to frustrate riders who can’t handle a clutch. Costs <$10. No safety course required. Insurance costs me $75 yr.

I’m not saying this is all good, but it sure it convenient and cheap for me.
This is basically how it goes in Georgia.

I took my riding test the same day I took the written test, and walked out with a full license.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes