2nd service on my PCX 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: 2nd service on my PCX 125

Post by kramnala58 »

Steph wrote:I don't mind where I live. The winter does screw things up. Thailand does sound fun. Can I carry my pistol there?
Ya, winters are tough here too. The coldest it has been in Bangkok in the last 30 years was this past January when the overnight low plummeted down to 62°F (16.5°C) ;) But I do miss the four seasons of the norther US and Canada.

As far as carrying your pistol, that would be a 'No'. I think the pistol laws are even sticker here than they are in Canada.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

No pistol carrying in Canada. I live next door to them. Poor people losing their freedom. Lucy you weren't here for our last winter. It was bad! ;)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Steph wrote:No pistol carrying in Canada. I live next door to them. Poor people losing their freedom. Lucy you weren't here for our last winter. It was bad! ;)
Ya, I was aware of the pistol carrying restrictions in Canada as I lived there for about 40 years. I think the UK may be even stricter. We still get back to the US and Canada, so the cold winters are still in our blood, although the heat of Thailand is helping to thin it out. ;)
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
Steph wrote:No pistol carrying in Canada. I live next door to them. Poor people losing their freedom. Lucy you weren't here for our last winter. It was bad! ;)
Ya, I was aware of the pistol carrying restrictions in Canada as I lived there for about 40 years. I think the UK may be even stricter. We still get back to the US and Canada, so the cold winters are still in our blood, although the heat of Thailand is helping to thin it out. ;)

Never been allowed to carry pistils for many years. You can only have restricted pistols on a firearm certificate and they can only really be used on approved ranges.

I'm a lifelong shooter but really don't understand the wish to carry a pistol. Unless you are a loon or a dickhead.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

I am neither a loon or dickhead. Carry for personal protection. :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Steph wrote:Carry for personal protection.
That's a big problem with american firearm culture.
Carrying a firearm isn't protection from other people with firearms.
Good for the gun industry but not for public safety.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

kramnala58 wrote:
pcxpower wrote:Thailand (in my opinion) must be an absolute Paradise, with pros and cons and, as I mentioned, I would not mind living there in the future, but we must admit that living in an European country also has its benefits ;)
I have lived in four different countries and visited several others. I wouldn't necessarily call Thailand and absolute Paradise, but it certainly has been an enjoyable experience living here for the past 2½ years.

What I have found in life is that each place is generally what you make it to be. If you have a bad attitude about it, it likely isn't going to be an enjoyable experience. But if you look at each place as different (not wrong, weird or strange), then you are like to have a lot more positive experiences than negative ones. I have also found that those who have traveled little tend to be more ethnocentric than those who have traveled beyond their own culture.
Say kramnala
I'm out here in the sticks of Ohio, on my sunrise ride...reading this. great thread Good stuff here.
But to the point...what can you tell us about the Honda factory in Thailand? I think this is where my Forza was put together.
Also, can you post some pix. Would be very interested.
I have lived in a lot of places (from Paris to Pleiku, Vietnam)...but have been here in ohio for a few decades.
Thanks a bunch, Fish
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:You can only have restricted pistols on a firearm certificate and they can only really be used on approved ranges.
That is the same as Canada then.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

fish wrote:Say kramnala ... what can you tell us about the Honda factory in Thailand? I think this is where my Forza was put together.
Also, can you post some pix. Would be very interested.
Sorry, can't help you with that. I haven't looked into where the Honda motorcycle factory is. I believe the Honda car factory is a ways north of the Bangkok.

I also do not know where the Forza is assembled. I believe that the PCX is not assembled in Vietnam ... or is it Cambodia?
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

gn2 wrote:
Steph wrote:Carry for personal protection.
That's a big problem with american firearm culture.
Carrying a firearm isn't protection from other people with firearms.
Good for the gun industry but not for public safety.
No worries, Lets talk about scooters. :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sure.
Yesterday I rode a 50cc scooter on the road for the first time in nearly forty years, boy was it slow.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Yesterday, I rode on a Meetup group ride up to the food truck festival at Bates nut farm, about 100 miles total round trip from my house. At the meetup location a girl was on a 50cc scooter and she left about 15 minutes before us. She was already at the destination when we got there because of the stops that we made (and a large group can be a little bit of a cluster). I was a little surprised, thought we would pass her on the road.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

kramnala58 wrote: I believe that the PCX is not assembled in Vietnam ... or is it Cambodia?
I have read in Spanish and Italian websites and magazines that PCXs destined for European markets are made in Atessa (Italy), whilst other PCXs are made in Thailand... perhaps there are other factories as well?
http://www.moto.it/news/honda-produzion ... tessa.html
2015 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Steph wrote:I am neither a loon or dickhead. Carry for personal protection. :roll:

You probably wouln't need it abroad.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Sure.
Yesterday I rode a 50cc scooter on the road for the first time in nearly forty years, boy was it slow.

Whizzing out on the Peugeot Speedfight tomorrow. Looking forward to the smell of Belray
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

pcxpower wrote:
kramnala58 wrote: I believe that the PCX is not assembled in Vietnam ... or is it Cambodia?
I have read in Spanish and Italian websites and magazines that PCXs destined for European markets are made in Atessa (Italy), whilst other PCXs are made in Thailand... perhaps there are other factories as well?
http://www.moto.it/news/honda-produzion ... tessa.html
2010 (they were out that early in Thailand - I have one) to 2013 PCX's were made in Thailand, but I am hearing on these forums that the 2014/15's are from Vietnam.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Thanks for the info! This scooter sells so well that they have to manufacture it in several factories! 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125