Ordering the wrong helmet

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Ordering the wrong helmet

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Along the lines of what Valiant said above, I'd like to add:
If possible, it would be nice to Support the community in which you live. If you visit a local shop and you find a well fitted helmet, just come right out and ask the salesmen "If his price is set in gold,"
in other words, "Is That Your Best Price?" Immediately add, that you will be going online to compare pricing, But! you Really would like to support his establishment by purchasing it there. (All contingent on his price).
This fun fitting visit would more than likely turn into a win/win situation. Both of you happy :P

Never Hurts To Try ;)

Thank god you've said that because I was.biting my tongue. No local dealers and you'd all be p1ssing up your internet connection. Or moaning here sic
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

If possible, it would be nice to Support the community in which you live. If you visit a local shop and you find a well fitted helmet, just come right out and ask the salesmen "If his price is set in gold,"
in other words, "Is That Your Best Price?" Immediately add, that you will be going online to compare pricing, But! you Really would like to support his establishment by purchasing it there. (All contingent on his price).
This fun fitting visit would more than likely turn into a win/win situation. Both of you happy :P

Never Hurts To Try ;)
Depends if it's a dealership or a stealership.

Mine charged me just shy of $600 to do:
-An oil change.
-Install an aftermarket exhaust.
-Install an aftermarket variator and belt.

I like locals, but I hate getting ripped off. Besides, I support the local post office, UPS, and FedEx workers when I buy online :D . Still a win/win as far as I'm concerned.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Valiant wrote:

Never Hurts To Try ;)
Depends if it's a dealership or a stealership.

Mine charged me just shy of $600 to do:
-An oil change.
-Install an aftermarket exhaust.
-Install an aftermarket variator and belt.

I like locals, but I hate getting ripped off. Besides, I support the local post office, UPS, and FedEx workers when I buy online :D . Still a win/win as far as I'm concerned.

What are their helmet prices like?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

you you wrote:

Never Hurts To Try ;)

Thank god you've said that because I was.biting my tongue. No local dealers and you'd all be p1ssing up your internet connection. Or moaning here sic
You're right of course.
The unstocked parts dept., overcharged and clueless scooter servicing dept., uninterested (to a scooter rider) sales folk and cemented retail list prices notwithstanding - where would we be able to try on helmets, gloves and jackets?
Just be wearing out the revzilla free returns dept. !
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:
you you wrote:

Never Hurts To Try ;)

You're right of course.
The unstocked parts dept., overcharged and clueless scooter servicing dept., uninterested (to a scooter rider) sales folk and cemented retail list prices notwithstanding - where would we be able to try on helmets, gloves and jackets?
Just be wearing out the revzilla free returns dept. !
Fish
But they have to deal with you? That has to be worth something?