Honda SH150i

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Honda SH150i

Post by khaosaming »

While the new 2013 SH150 is more expensive than PCX, it is a better scooter in almost every respect, too. I find it's flat floorboard more attractive and useful. The riding position is higher and the seat is better. SH150's body geometry is clean and basic, almost classic in its lines. A proper scooter-commuter should look like this. For 2013, the SH150 was upgraded. It now shares the same engine with idle stop system and ACG as PCX.

Honda's SH150 makes a good urban assault scooter, because the rider has good visibility, the wheels are big and the body is sleek. I would buy SH150 here in Thailand, but it's not available. The European models are still manufactured in Atessa, Italy, but those for sale in Vietnam are built in Honda's Vietnamese plants.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Looks like a girl's bike or something my Grandad would ride, where you can put your shopping bag on the floor. I prefer the PCX looks and am sure it handles better, especially cornering, due to its stiffer frame.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The SH handles superbly, it's frame was designed for a 300cc engine and is plenty stiff enough.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Taz wrote:Looks like a girl's bike or something my Grandad would ride, where you can put your shopping bag on the floor. I prefer the PCX looks and am sure it handles better, especially cornering, due to its stiffer frame.

I agree. I look daft enough on a scooter already without looking like a night watchman returning from a shift
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

My wife recently traded hers in on a PCX 150. She liked the SH, but the taller seat height, small floorboard was a bit cramped. When she saw the new PCX 150 she loved it. Here is a faster bike with better mpg, more storage, glovebox and a lot sportier looking. We bought the SH in 2010 when the scoot choices for that size were almost non existent. We've always been a Honda family, both cars and bikes. I still can't believe we forked out over 4K for a 150cc scoot???
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

strkngfang wrote:I still can't believe we forked out over 4K for a 150cc scoot???
The Honda S-wing 125 retails for £3949 in the UK.
At current exchange rates that's $5897
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

I like the looks of the PCX 150 much better than the SH 150i, though I do like the larger tires on the SH 150i. My 2 cents worth. Ride safe my friends.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

If you check the sh has a different power rating though and some different parts. I'd be interested to know the real differences.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The current model SH uses the PCX engine.
The real differences are the wheel diameter and frame type.
PCX has more under seat storage because of the smaller wheels and tunnel type design.
This has been addressed in the latest SH which can now accommodate a full face helmet under the seat.
I'm not sure if the latest SH is sold in all markets.
cfrobw
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cfrobw »

Price and poor under seat storage is why I passed it up in 2008? and 2010 I believe. I really wanted the pass thru though. I really like the pas thru and dislike having to take all the plastics off the PCX to do any work on it. Some work can be done without removing stuff, but I saw my PCX plastics completely disassembled except for the front panels at the dealer yesterday. Maybe they do it to prevent scratching the plastics, but its more likely they break it down like that so they can charge you the extra hour labor.

If we had the SH150i with larger under seat storage and same price as the PCX and maybe a more comfortable seat it would have been my choice over the PCX.
-Rob

Currently own: 2013 PCX 150
Previously owned: 1987 Honda Elite 80, 1993 Honda Elite 80, 2008 Honda Elite 80, 2010 Honda Elite 110
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

khaosaming wrote:While the new 2013 SH150 is more expensive than PCX, it is a better scooter in almost every respect, too. I find it's flat floorboard more attractive and useful. The riding position is higher and the seat is better. SH150's body geometry is clean and basic, almost classic in its lines. A proper scooter-commuter should look like this. For 2013, the SH150 was upgraded. It now shares the same engine with idle stop system and ACG as PCX.

Honda's SH150 makes a good urban assault scooter, because the rider has good visibility, the wheels are big and the body is sleek. I would buy SH150 here in Thailand, but it's not available. The European models are still manufactured in Atessa, Italy, but those for sale in Vietnam are built in Honda's Vietnamese plants.

Urban assault scooter.

Seriously?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Although I'm almost certainly going to get the 2014 PCX, I was otherwise going for the SHi 125 here in the UK. The most expensive of the 125 scooters Honda sell, flat floored, and as GN2 says, has the PCX engine and economy and larger under-seat storage. One thing I was concerned with regarding the SH'es, is that there were issues with failing fuel pumps some years back.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Wouldn't worry about the fuel pumps, that will have been sorted long ago and its probably a different tank and pump by now.
Will you be getting be the SH Mode in pink...?
Has the S-wing ben taken off the UK Honda site yet?
It was nearly four grand last time I looked.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

No, I would never consider the SH mode - was interested in the white SH - £2899 on the road and the S-Wing is still on sale at dealers - £3,999! http://www.huntsmotorcycles.co.uk/Honda_Scooters.htm
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Is that the current SH with ABS though?
There was a non-ABS version but it has been dropped.
Unless it has ABS you would be as well with the Mode.