Yuminashi 164

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Re: Yuminashi 164

Post by lolofigo »

gasolina77 wrote:can you reach nearly 150km like yuminashi test video xD ?
Not even close. With yuminashi variator most i got was 75 mph. I have 44 t final gear instead of 47 t in the transmission so speedo readings are more accurate. But allowing 10% error on speedo it would be little over 80 mph which is nowhere near 150 kmh. Pcx on yuminashi video has unlocked ecu allowing it to rev higher but my pcx with 10g rollers and yuminashi variator was revving like mad at 75 mph so can't really see the point to rev it any higher.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
gasolina77
Year: 2
Color: Black

Post by gasolina77 »

this will cost more than i expected but i'll go for it parts by parts i will get my around july or august i think.......i talked to them about the pgm-fi controller so extra cost and is there any way we can reach 160km/h with 10% error on the speedo ( real may be 144 or 150 ) i'm a 150 lbs guy so is it possible ? i change both front and rear shock to 3 - 4 cm higher which i think will help accelerate faster
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Best to buy kit it works out more cheaper and you'll get loyalty points to spend on little bits and bobs. I used my loyalty points on variator it cost me £25 after discount.

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by BPT7594 »

lolofigo wrote:
Not even close. With yuminashi variator most i got was 75 mph. I have 44 t final gear instead of 47 t in the transmission so speedo readings are more accurate. But allowing 10% error on speedo it would be little over 80 mph which is nowhere near 150 kmh. Pcx on yuminashi video has unlocked ecu allowing it to rev higher but my pcx with 10g rollers and yuminashi variator was revving like mad at 75 mph so can't really see the point to rev it any higher.

I got close to 130km/ (on GPS). But I'd never do that again. I don't have the upgraded valve springs + my valve springs are from a cheap shop near my house.
I don't have my ecu rev limiter removed, but I did a carburetor conversion. which means changing from throttle body to carburetor (a keihin PE 28). it removes the rev limiter automatically.
Better power in all the rev range but higher fuel consumption. I'm down to 35km per litre now. I weigh in at 95kg.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

BPT7594 wrote:
lolofigo wrote:

I got close to 130km/ (on GPS). But I'd never do that again. I don't have the upgraded valve springs + my valve springs are from a cheap shop near my house.
I don't have my ecu rev limiter removed, but I did a carburetor conversion. which means changing from throttle body to carburetor (a keihin PE 28). it removes the rev limiter automatically.
Better power in all the rev range but higher fuel consumption. I'm down to 35km per litre now. I weigh in at 95kg.
What variator and weights are you using? After putting yuminashi variator with 10g weights I've had feeling like it's over revving for little benefit. I tried few high speed runs on dual carriageway WOT and got red temp light coming on. It newer happened before even on hard breaking in with standard variator and 13g Dr pulley. It's back to Dr pulley in yuminashi variator and revs are more "in tune" with the engine right on the revs when you get that little growl. With 13g Dr pulley acceleration feel is more effortless instead of strained whin from the engine with 10g rollers.

gasolina77

Post by gasolina77 »

i'm going to get the full kit, the pgm-fi controller, the camshaft, yuminashi variator i'm a bit curious about the rollers which should i stay with Yuminashi 10g or the DR pulley 13g ?
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

gasolina77 wrote:i'm going to get the full kit, the pgm-fi controller, the camshaft, yuminashi variator i'm a bit curious about the rollers which should i stay with Yuminashi 10g or the DR pulley 13g ?
Good choice. For me 10g is too light and bike is over revving. Try 10g and something heavier like 13g maybe you can order extra set from yuminashi so you'll get it in one shipment.

gasolina77

Post by gasolina77 »

i just make the payment 12 hours ago now i'm waiting for the parts delivered at my door in Saigon probably 14 days ? oh my i forgot about the roller, unfortunately they don't have the high pressure cap at this moment so is it safe to use the bike during hot weather here in Saigon in daytime or i should use it nighttime and wait for the cap ?
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

gasolina77 wrote:i just make the payment 12 hours ago now i'm waiting for the parts delivered at my door in Saigon probably 14 days ? oh my i forgot about the roller, unfortunately they don't have the high pressure cap at this moment so is it safe to use the bike during hot weather here in Saigon in daytime or i should use it nighttime and wait for the cap ?
I think my overheating problems were due to the air trapped in the cooling system. Had to bleed everything again today. It's only 16 C here it the UK so one of hotter days so far this year but probably freezing for you in Saigon. Remember to bleed everything corectly and you should be fine with standard pressure cap.

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

lolofigo wrote:
gasolina77 wrote:i just make the payment 12 hours ago now i'm waiting for the parts delivered at my door in Saigon probably 14 days ? oh my i forgot about the roller, unfortunately they don't have the high pressure cap at this moment so is it safe to use the bike during hot weather here in Saigon in daytime or i should use it nighttime and wait for the cap ?
I think my overheating problems were due to the air trapped in the cooling system. Had to bleed everything again today. It's only 16 C here it the UK so one of hotter days so far this year but probably freezing for you in Saigon. Remember to bleed everything corectly and you should be fine with standard pressure cap.

Bleed your system well my friend. You don't want air in the cooling system.
I'm running 10gr Yuminashi variator. I tried 11gr. Out of power range. So 10gr it is.
If you like dr pulley and it's working for you then no problem then.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

You live in Saigon? So am I.
Vietnamese or foreigner might I ask. Anyway, call me up sometimes, if you want to hang out and share experience or just to have a drink. 0915456060 ;).
Have fun my friend.
gasolina77

Post by gasolina77 »

lolofigo wrote:

i'm desperately need the cap.........normally it takes about 1 week for Yuminashi to fullfill their orders and ship ?
BPT7594 wrote:foreigner might I ask. Anyway, call me up sometimes, if you want to hang out and share experience or just to have a drink. 0915456060 .
Have fun my friend.
I'm a vietnamese :D kk will text you tomorrow kinda busy with my work
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

BPT7594 wrote:
lolofigo wrote:

Bleed your system well my friend. You don't want air in the cooling system.
I'm running 10gr Yuminashi variator. I tried 11gr. Out of power range. So 10gr it is.
If you like dr pulley and it's working for you then no problem then.
Yeah trapped air problem solved I know how relieved bike must feel. I feel much better every time when my trapped air is gone. Back to the weights 10g is to light might try to mix them up with 13g Dr pulley so it would be 11.5g . Waiting for tachometer so I can install it and see the actual difference between setups.

gasolina77

Post by gasolina77 »

so far i also change the big bore 164cc kit and 150cc cylinder heads + 1 custom 35mm throttle body these will get me to 170km/h range ? is there anyway well errr to reach like 180 to 200 with customer parts that won't damage the engine ? what about the NOS stuff and microburst nitrous kit ?
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

gasolina77 wrote:so far i also change the big bore 164cc kit and 150cc cylinder heads + 1 custom 35mm throttle body these will get me to 170km/h range ? is there anyway well errr to reach like 180 to 200 with customer parts that won't damage the engine ? what about the NOS stuff and microburst nitrous kit ?
There is only one way to for pcx to reach 200km/h - drop it from a high enough cliff. U will probably find it most cost effective.

troy
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by troy »

How wrll did the
● YUMINASHI PGM-FI Controller for PCX150 V1 (2012-2014).
work? Was it easy to use it.
gasolina77

Post by gasolina77 »

i want to ask that from the container received status till we receive the package how many weeks should it take ? i have purchased some stuff from bikerbits and the container received status was on april 24th till now without any change ( they have the cp stuff) now my yuminashi tracking also has the cp stuff also . I'm quite worry about how long it should be....