How to bypass the safe engine start ?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Re: How to bypass the safe engine start ?

Post by Rickjds »

I would like to remove the side stand starter switch. I warm up my bike before use and would prefer no engine disabling when the side stand is down. I know the good and bad, but the bad outweighs the good for me.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Rickjds wrote:I would like to remove the side stand starter switch. I warm up my bike before use and would prefer no engine disabling when the side stand is down. I know the good and bad, but the bad outweighs the good for me.
Check out this thread.
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6168

It is in the How To forum.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Federico PCX
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by Federico PCX »

kramnala58 wrote:
Rickjds wrote:I would like to remove the side stand starter switch. I warm up my bike before use and would prefer no engine disabling when the side stand is down. I know the good and bad, but the bad outweighs the good for me.
Check out this thread.

I did that, and it works perfectly! It is pretty safe as long as you remember it, in which is common sense.
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

kramnala58 wrote:
Check out this thread.

Saw the thread, just waiting for the time to do it. Want to do my valve inspection too, so don't know how long it will take before I get to this. Thanks!
lexyzzz
Year: 2017
Color: red

Post by lexyzzz »

Federico PCX wrote:
you you wrote:Darwin must be laughing his socks off
Well guys, now Darwin isnt laughing anymore. I could not stay without the PCX, so me and my mate studied the situation. It is only a switch, so it works to cut the electrical current. Nothing major could happen!

I ended up merging the pink and yellow/green cable, thus bypassing the switch. My PCX is back on the road, and I could not be happier!
Do you mean connecting those both end together so as to bypass the pressing of left side lever to start the engine?
U will alws be missed