godamnit... I just 'failed' my CBT! :(

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Re: godamnit... I just 'failed' my CBT! :(

Post by gse123 »

Teamtd11 wrote:
Also when I did my CBT we just followed the guy around, so as long as we kept up, we passed :p

I had to follow him for about 15 mins, then I went up front for the rest of the session - alternating with the other learner
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

maddiedog wrote: she's been renewing her permit over and over for the past two years. :lol:
Seriously I've wondered how many people are doing that. ;) Why not?

The main reason I got my license is so my wife will ride with me. She hated that I hadn't taken the test yet, and wouldn't come near the bike until I proved I was "qualified", even though she frequently rode the back of my 50cc when no license was required.
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Well, just took my CBT again and passed this time! :D

I had a different instructor, and although he gave me critique where needed, he somehow made me feel a lot more confident than the other guy. Feels good to pass!

Although I still had loads of problems with the radio / headset again (had to stop whilst the instructor tried about 5 different radios to find one that worked) and was on a really battered old 2 stroke Yamaha. But all good in the end!
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

I am happy for you, Have fun on your PCX its a great bike and ride safe
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Well done. I have bad hearing loss and can not use a radio. On cbt I was given directions. I would then stop and get more directions. Did same when I passed my DAS. Who needs radio gear :-)
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

TC3 wrote:Well done. I have bad hearing loss and can not use a radio. On cbt I was given directions. I would then stop and get more directions. Did same when I passed my DAS. Who needs radio gear :-)
:) my instructor told me "if you lose the radio connection, don't worry. Just ride wherever you want to go - Ias long as your moves are considered and safe you can't go wrong"
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TC3 wrote:Well done. I have bad hearing loss and can not use a radio. On cbt I was given directions. I would then stop and get more directions. Did same when I passed my DAS. Who needs radio gear :-)
Pardon?
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

qed wrote:
Pardon?
Asshole :-)
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

That's basically what happened to me on my test, I too am profoundly deaf in both ears. In my case the use of radio communications had only just come into force that week, so the examiner was still struggling with the equipment and told me to head for inititially. Then I did the old round the block test while he stood and watched, then returned to test centre via a different route again explained to me before hand.