Tunnel Bags and Tank Bags

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Tunnel Bags and Tank Bags

Post by Cascanciu »

WhiteNoise wrote:Good info, thanks for the pic 2! :P
Guess this would be a good time to show what soft case I'm using (if anyone's interested)
Oh yes!. What's that?!. I wanna know what kind of soft case that is!. Please!.
SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

Hiya,
I just ordered a Givi EA105 tunnel bag. How is the best way to secure it to the bike?
Thanks, ed :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cascanciu wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Good info, thanks for the pic 2! :P
Guess this would be a good time to show what soft case I'm using (if anyone's interested)
Oh yes!. What's that?!. I wanna know what kind of soft case that is!. Please!.
Hi Cascanciu, it's the "Rapid Transit Recon 23 Tailbag." Quick search online and it appears to be discontinued (U.S. anyway). I did see one listed on Ebay, & the seller claims it is New with tags.
Interested? I can go back, find it and post a link :roll: I see you're not in the US
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
sasha82

Post by sasha82 »

I've actually seen some bags that might fit the bill on Viking Bags, but those are more geared toward heavy cruisers and bikers :x . Not sure that would fit the bill here. Honestly, when I'm just cruising and I need to bring stuff, I just bring my backpack with me.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

after several weeks waiting for the tank bag, I finally broke down and ordered the saddle bag/rear bag combination seen here :http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media ... F8&index=1

I still prefer the idea of the tank bag, and will probably eventually get one, but these will do, for now.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Cool setup, meissinger. Lots of space.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

these tunnel and tank bags are nice! they are situated where they should be for the load balance, especially if you carry a 15lb passenger, right MaddieDog??!!
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

maddiedog wrote:Cool setup, meissinger. Lots of space.
I got the saddlebags a few days ago and installed them with the straps under the seat (I'll get pix), with the back straps looped over the turn signals. They ride fine. They also come off very easy, so I can pop them off when not needed.

The top-side bag showed up, yesterday and it clips directly to the saddlebags (over the seat). They're designed as a unit. It can be used alone, but you have to find ways to secure it. By using them in combo, it is a very nice setup.

I thought there might be a problem, because I have to remove the top bag to open the seat, but it's quick to unlatch the 4 straps and lift it off - it has a nice handle. Today, I met some friends for a book reading at a local coffee shop. I didn't want to have to wear shoes (I hate shoes, but I wear them when I ride because I insist that my son wear shoes when he rides), so I chucked sandals into the top bag and changed when I got to the reading. Worked great.

BTW: The saddle bags also have handles which, if you remove the velcro mounting straps, allow you to carry them like a small briefcase -- not big enough for a laptop, but you can carry quite a bit. I managed 4 plastic bags of groceries in them the other evening, with room to spare. I think I can get two standard "reusable" grocery bags in them next time I have to go to the store.

They're a nice combo and for the price (around $75US), it gives me a bunch of flexible storage.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

Okay, if I can figure out how to post the pix, here is my setup:
Attachments
The passenger seat also provides a nice backrest. I've usually got a pair of sandals or other &quot;comfy&quot; shoes stashed in there.<br /><br />I'm considering getting another topper and figuring a way to use it as a tank bag. The GIVI bag is so hard to find and costs more, by itself, than this entire setup.
The passenger seat also provides a nice backrest. I've usually got a pair of sandals or other "comfy" shoes stashed in there.

I'm considering getting another topper and figuring a way to use it as a tank bag. The GIVI bag is so hard to find and costs more, by itself, than this entire setup.
sm IMAG0091.jpg (336.18 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
The topper clips to the saddlebags with just 4 built-in clips. It has a handle for carrying and since I have to take it off to get under the seat, I only take it on rides when I know I need to carry something from the bike in. It will hold a full change of clothes if needed. My padded and leather jackets fit under the seat and I hang my bucket on the hook, so that storage is taken up, when I park.
The topper clips to the saddlebags with just 4 built-in clips. It has a handle for carrying and since I have to take it off to get under the seat, I only take it on rides when I know I need to carry something from the bike in. It will hold a full change of clothes if needed. My padded and leather jackets fit under the seat and I hang my bucket on the hook, so that storage is taken up, when I park.
Here is the bike with the seat closed and the bags installed.
Here is the bike with the seat closed and the bags installed.
here are the saddlebags attached under the seat. There are two straps that go under the seat at the front and two that go below the taillight at the back. If you remove the wide straps that go under the seat, the two bags will clip together and there is a handle that hooks together with velcro, so you use the bag as a small briefcase (no large laptop will fit -- although tablets and/or winbooks would be fine).
here are the saddlebags attached under the seat. There are two straps that go under the seat at the front and two that go below the taillight at the back. If you remove the wide straps that go under the seat, the two bags will clip together and there is a handle that hooks together with velcro, so you use the bag as a small briefcase (no large laptop will fit -- although tablets and/or winbooks would be fine).
sm IMAG0088.jpg (316.49 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's my new tunnel bag in Hi-Viz. Priced right so I got me one. Will I use it as a tunnel bag? Don't know yet. Might be a PITA in "that" location for Me.
I'm demo-ing my corrupted :x Garmin 5" Nuvi in the vinyl view window so you can see the angle. I stuffed the bag up too. It's a well made small bag with a few pockets. Comes in magnetic tank or strap version. I got the strap. Can't see that in the pics. I just tucked the hook up tabs under the bag for this photo shoot :)

BTW, just about the whole topside is clear vinyl with a gps/phone zippered pocket inside of it. So standard maps should work too.
Attachments
1. Forum 5953.JPG
1. Forum 5953.JPG (100.05 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
2. Forum 5959.JPG
2. Forum 5959.JPG (83.32 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
3. Forum 5956.JPG
3. Forum 5956.JPG (107.46 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Hey WN, can you post a pic of how it is mounted to the bike and possibly even a link to the web site you purchased it from? As well, does the bag have to be removed to lift the seat? Thanks! .... Kram
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yes, unlike you to not share a link WhiteNoise... I want one too!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay guys, forgot to attach the linky. Yeah, Not like Me :|
Here Ya go http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/42 ... =SLIsearch
They might be running low on these because I only see the strap version left. They had a magnet offered too at one point.
Everyday MCSS has a super sale & I get an email notification. I've seen this bag pop up two times in the past month for 24.99. I bet it's about to roll around again, till sold out of course.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kram, nice talking at cha agin ;)
I have not attached the bag to the scoot in any fashion yet. I will be giving that a go soon. The bag does Not come with straps, just plastic loops at each end with material under them (so loops with straps won't mar the plastics). You provide straps.
Securing to scoot? I imagine the end closest to my seat will be strapped underneath and into the front of my seat. The front of the bag facing the bars....? I will have to investigate further. I will also take more photos.
No, I doubt I can lift the seat with the bag in place and you Def have to move it to add petrol (every 90-102 miles) :D
I like it. I think it's worth the $$ whether it be 24.99 or 29.99. But, the damn corrupted GPS? Well that's another story. Trashing it! Ordered newer model today.

Why is it that when Christmas rolls around I treat myself so well? Happens every year, faithfully :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Why is it that when Christmas rolls around I treat myself so well? Happens every year, faithfully :D
I hear ya! If it wasn't for Santa Clause, I wouldn't get anything. ;) :lol: :roll:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay, wait a minute! I'm rushing around this morn but stopped in garage to take a better look at the "Cycle Case Rider GPS hi-viz tank bag." I dug out all the stuffing (not a turkey...Ya silly hooligan's :D ) & lo and behold found two wrapped up straps! Ain't that a nice, Expected find 8)

Off to see Mom soon but wanted to show yas a little more about the bag so I'm linking you here:

Choice of colors, magnet or strap fitment http://www.cyclecase.com/rider-gps-tank-bag.html ( :? priced higher at their house).

Mounting instructions http://www.cyclecase.com/mounting

Look around a bit at their site and later, I will too ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just ordereed the hi viz tank bag from Motorcycle-Superstore. I am glad the free shipping code still works. That saved me almost $7 in shipping. I didn't see anything to indicate the bag was on sale for $5 less, but $29.99 is cheap enough.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:....................

You've sneezed in yer cup
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool Mel, let me know what you think ;)

"Mmm Mmm good," Hot chocolate! Don't let it get cold waiting. Sip & Pour another :D