Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Holy S _ _ $!! Seriously? That's off the Map! :x Sorry to hear that. Where else could you get one?
If "I ordered" from Helm's website (item #61KZY01) the cost would be: $42.95 + $9.95 S/H = Total $52.90

Here's Helm's webpage to order the 2013-2015 Svc. Manual: http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N

From the dealership my cost $54.95 + $4.74 Tax = Total $59.69 I paid more but I didn't care, I was right there signing for the release of my scoot :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

iceman wrote:Thanks Whitenoise! You answered my question. Besides the engine size difference of 150cc vs 125, I wonder what other differences there is between the UK/US models. On the face of it it seems not much.
Differences between your UK 2014 PCX 125(esp?) and our USA 2015 PCX 150esp? I'm in the dark, but you'll still have the "stop/start cut off/on" feature that we Never had...what else?
Perhaps a few UK members will chime in if they know.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

While taking pictures I noticed 3 things that seemed odd.

1) In the first photo the CBS brake fluid reservoir looks empty. I even lit it up with a penlight. No help. Could the fluid be THAT clear?? I even rocked the scoot. Nothing visible.

2) Same photo, there is No window "piece covering" the CBS brake view window (I had one on my 2011). I can stick my finger through the hole and touch the reservoir. I'm wondering if I'm missing a clear piece of plastic over it.

3) A cable coming out of the front brake/switch area looks like it needs tightening. Quite a few threads are visible and there's a white paint dot (Honda lineup mark? To where?). Should this be tightened all the way? Bottomed?

4) Mentioned this one earlier: the tool kit that I got with the scoot, came with a black pouch and a helmet cable to use on the seat hook. My beef? I think I'm missing a few tools. I saw them listed online on 2 websites as oem items. My 2011 had more tools in the pouch. I know their cheap tools, but if I paid for them....I want!

I know a few of you have the new 2015 US model, could you take a look at these items on your scoot and let me know what you find? All help welcomed ;) Thanks!

Pics in next post
Last edited by WhiteNoise on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Two photos referring to questions I asked above:
Attachments
CBS Reservoir View  Window and Ignition.jpg
CBS Reservoir View Window and Ignition.jpg (46.79 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Under Frt Brake Lever, Should Threads Be Showing.jpg
Under Frt Brake Lever, Should Threads Be Showing.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Redwing

Post by Redwing »

Hey there Whitenoise, my 150 came home last week. I just checked mine and the cables are from the throttle. I have no cover over the CBS reservoir either., there is fluid in there but it's hard to see.
Anyway everything works fine on mine.
They are a sweet machine, you'll have a blast on that..
HAPPY TRAILS...!
Attachments
DSC_0539-picsay.JPG
DSC_0539-picsay.JPG (225.16 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
DSC_0542-picsay.JPG
DSC_0542-picsay.JPG (200.16 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Redwing

Post by Redwing »

Here's a pic of mine.....
Attachments
DSC_0519-picsay.JPG
DSC_0519-picsay.JPG (534.22 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Holy S _ _ $!! Seriously? That's off the Map! :x Sorry to hear that. Where else could you get one?
If "I ordered" from Helm's website (item #61KZY01) the cost would be: $42.95 + $9.95 S/H = Total $52.90
Here's Helm's webpage to order the 2013-2015 Svc. Manual: http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N
From the dealership my cost $54.95 + $4.74 Tax = Total $59.69 I paid more but I didn't care, I was right there signing for the release of my scoot :)
I've contacted them - see what they say. Can't believe those figures, but I entered details a 2nd time and it gives the same ridiculous charges - maybe I can find a K dealer that will order one but so far no luck - they all say it's on-line now for dealers via the web! (yeah right, not sure I believe that, just want to charge for service more like).
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, Redwing fast response! Great, thanks! Your bike looks amazing, great pic too! :P

Okay, about the CBS brake fluid window. Guess Honda doesn't think it necessary to cover it anymore.
I may concoct something on my own to cover it.
I can't see the fluid. It must be full to the brim. Who puts the fluid in? Factory? Dealer?
Wish it were easier to access the reservoir. Pulling front Tupperware off is not going happen. Not for this anyway.

Your cable seems to have More threads showing (7?) than mine (5?), but both dots are facing in the same direction. I'd feel better getting more input/conversation about the proper thread position/setting of this cable. If someone else happens to have a 2015 to look at, could you please look at yours and chime in? Is cable Factory set or dealer set?

Redwing, by any chance did you check your tool kit? What's in it?
Thanks again for kicking in....and for the pics!!! 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Throttle cable free play is set at the factory, checked at p.d.i. and all services.
Number of threads showing is irrelevant, what counts is the free play.
And full and free operation at all steering angles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Redwing

Post by Redwing »

I got the same black pouch and helmet cable like U Whitenoise, I packed it with a few of my own tools. Just in case. Should never need them I hope..... gn2 got U straight on the throttle cables.
I definitely wouldn't mess with them....
Ride Safe!
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

gn2 wrote:Throttle cable free play is set at the factory, checked at p.d.i. and all services.
Number of threads showing is irrelevant, what counts is the free play.
And full and free operation at all steering angles.
smart man!
Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Joemag22 »

Beautiful scootz white noise! I think it looks much better without the indicator lights on poles and built into the plastics, congrats and happy belated birthday!! Any significant increase in acceleration or top speed from the 125 to the new 150??

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Redwing, & gn2 all is good. Appreciate the input from both of you. gn2 you're right again! ;)

I was at my dealer yesterday (picking up my pre-ordered Service Manual) and decided to question them as well. I used their Black 2015 PCX on the floor as reference and pointed out my concerns (and then some, why not?)

The throttle cable was/is factory set. I was assured it was fine, he even explained the importance of the tension on the throttle cable. Then said it would be checked again at my 600 mile service for adjustment, if any.

Fluid in CBS reservoir IS there and filled to the brim. He had a penlight like me and flashed it in. It wasn't till he lifted the front end of the bike that I could see it. Being it is filled so high and having a Very slight yellow color to it, makes it extra hard to see.

About the missing CBS plastic/glass piece over the window? No more. A thing of the past. Had it on 2011 model, Now gonesville on 2015. Bub-bye. Knowing this, maybe I'll tap the reservoir with a screwdriver next time to see the fluid move (?)

Live and learn or Learn and live? Whatever :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Joemag22 wrote:Beautiful scootz white noise! I think it looks much better without the indicator lights on poles and built into the plastics, congrats and happy belated birthday!! Any significant increase in acceleration or top speed from the 125 to the new 150??
Hi and thank you on both :P It def looks better without the signal stalks, no doubt about it. Coming from a 125cc now riding the 153cc, yes! I feel the difference in acceleration. Took me a bit by surprise as I thought....How much more could I feel? It's noticeable, not earth shaking by no means. Very enjoyable for me. If I wanted to Blast Off, I'd get a rocket. This scoot is perfect for this running around rider. I'm aiming to enjoy every moment of every ride and suck it all in like a sponge :geek: Top speed? Didn't get there yet, only hit 50. Too soon to go all out. Breaking her in now. But....so tempting 8)
It might just be me or my excitement talking, but I swear the 150esp ride is better. But the SEAT?? Hard(er). It better break in some cause my bum was sore after a 16 mile ride! I'm sure it will (better).
Otherwise....This is one helluva scooter!! I'm in love! The ring please.... :lol:

Time for some more photo's. Let's see......
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Some folks were curious about the New Service Manual, I know I was. Didn't know how Honda was going to handle this. Now I know. Picked my copy up yesterday, a 2013-2015 (Shared years) Svc. Manual (the one Honda uses).
Here's a pic of the Manual itself, and also a page from it showing you How plastic was removed "After 2013 model" and on "the 2013 model."
If available, I highly recommend getting the Service Manual, it will serve as an invaluable tool for as long as you own your beloved scoot :P
Attachments
Forum 5703.JPG
Forum 5703.JPG (66.62 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
Sorry about the quality of this photo
Sorry about the quality of this photo
Forum 5709.JPG (53.48 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Hey whitenoise can I get a peek at the 15 headlight wiring page...please
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sure das! Can you wait until tomorrow? I'm in the midst of posting another sizable batch of photo's now of the Great White(Noise) :P If not, let me know & I'll try to make it happen before sacking out for the night.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay it's Show Time!! Behold the Beauty of the 2015 White! :D
Some taken the Day of Delivery, some a few days later. No matter, Let's get TUIT!
Attachments
No Fear Center Stand 5682.JPG
No Fear Center Stand 5682.JPG (117.48 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Side Stand 5681.JPG
Side Stand 5681.JPG (70.08 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Lid in & Seat won't close 5669.JPG
Lid in & Seat won't close 5669.JPG (58.41 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Helmet in 5668.JPG
Helmet in 5668.JPG (64.39 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Underside of Seat
Underside of Seat
IMG_5666.JPG (136.12 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Storage Under Seat
Storage Under Seat
IMG_5664.JPG (64.98 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
New seat hinge, battery cover, &  helmet hook 5670.JPG
New seat hinge, battery cover, & helmet hook 5670.JPG (76.81 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Fuel lid opens forward (towards bars) 5671.JPG
Fuel lid opens forward (towards bars) 5671.JPG (98.51 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Deep glove bin with power outlet 5672.JPG
Deep glove bin with power outlet 5672.JPG (62.13 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Glove Bin Push Door and Brake Lock 5675.JPG
Glove Bin Push Door and Brake Lock 5675.JPG (47.64 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

And, You thought I was Done :lol: WhiteNoise is Not Shy!
I actually got in one of these shots! Whoa WhiteNoise!
Attachments
Don't Fence Me In! 5694.JPG
Don't Fence Me In! 5694.JPG (137.12 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Light Switch, Horn, and Signal Switch.JPG
Light Switch, Horn, and Signal Switch.JPG (70.93 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
Engine Cutoff Switch, Starter and  Brake Fluid 5684.JPG
Engine Cutoff Switch, Starter and Brake Fluid 5684.JPG (80.01 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

dasshreddar wrote:Hey whitenoise can I get a peek at the 15 headlight wiring page...please
Headlight Wiring Page? pm being sent