Does anyone have LED accent lights?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Does anyone have LED accent lights?

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

So there are the pics, shows off well at night when it is darker out. Again, I plug them into the socket when I want to use them, durring the day I leave it unplugged. Once I order my stuff from Bikerz bits it will all come together better with the red and black theme. I really would like to get the PCX floor boards but think they are over priced at $100.00

The lights do make a black bike show up more at night and that is the most important. It can be hard to see this bike when approaching in a car from the side without the led's.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

It looks good. It is not overdone.

I can pick up the LED back lit PCX logos really cheap here, so I'm thinking of putting them on.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

kramnala58 wrote:It looks good. It is not overdone.

I can pick up the LED back lit PCX logos really cheap here, so I'm thinking of putting them on.

Go for it. LED's are cheap enough and its a nice safety and cosmetic mod you can do to stand out from the rest.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Where can I find laws for louisiana on what color accent lights I can use and how they should be configured? I have like 10 different colored LEDs and plan on wiring them into a 9v battery with toggle switch, unless I can safely wire to battery of scooter
ImageImage
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

logepoge1 wrote:Where can I find laws for louisiana on what color accent lights I can use and how they should be configured? I have like 10 different colored LEDs and plan on wiring them into a 9v battery with toggle switch, unless I can safely wire to battery of scooter

Do a web search on Louisiana motorcycle lighting laws or something to that effect. Your Dmv should have a section on it if it is on the books.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Yeah but the law isn't clear enough
ImageImage
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

logepoge1 wrote:Yeah but the law isn't clear enough
What does it say? Maybe there isnt anything on the books about it.

Here in SD I believe it is against the law, however there are tons of bikes with them on including mine. The police dont seem to bother unless it is obsessive, like a large amount of multi colored lights that chase or blink. If I get pulled over I will fight it as mine are low keyed and there to bring attention to a black bike during night time riding. They are one solid color and dont blink. Just like running lights on a semi truck.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

§320. Additional lighting equipment
A. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.
B. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than one running board courtesy lamp on each side thereof which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.
C. Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two backup lamps either separately or in combination with other lamps, but any such backup lamp shall not be lighted when the motor vehicle is in forward motion.
Backup lights are required on all passenger vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969. The backup lamp shall be illuminated when the ignition switch is energized and reverse gear is engaged. Backup lamps shall not be lighted when the vehicle is in forward motion. Backup lamps shall be mounted on the rear so that the center of the lens, or at least one lamp is visible from any eye point elevation from at least six feet to two feet above the horizontal plane on which the vehicle is standing; and from any position in the area, rearward of a verticle plane perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the vehicle, six feet to the rear of the vehicle and extending three feet beyond each side of the vehicle. Maximum candlepower is 300 cp total.
D. Any vehicle eighty inches or more in overall width, if not otherwise required by R.S. 32:308, may be equipped with not more than three identification lamps showing to the front which shall emit an amber light without glare and not more than three identification lamps showing to the rear which shall emit a red light without glare. Such lamps shall be mounted as specified in Subsection (F) of R.S. 32:308.
E. Any vehicle may be equipped with one or more side marker lamps and any such lamp may be flashed in conjunction with turn or vehicular hazard warning signals. Side marker lamps located toward the front of a vehicle shall be amber and side marker lamps located toward the rear shall be red.
Acts 1962, No. 310, §1. Amended by Acts 1974, No. 226, §1.
ImageImage
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

If you are concerned, ask a police officer what he thinks.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Does this mean that we can't ride through Louisiana without being hustled? We have 7 brake lights, with 1 that is sequential all the time, and then flashes when we hit the brake.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I doubt they would do anything. My car has tinted taillights, which aren't illegal but they are barely legal. Enough to where cops have followed me before and I had to tap lights to show they were bright and they would turn off. Also I have really dark windows
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I just put some on my scoter today. The state police said I could use either yellow/amber or white. I went with yellow(mainly cause I didn't have any white leds). So I spent my time on this soldering and now have everything hooked to a 9v removable battery in the center storage compartment. I will post my pictures at night but even though I don't care for yellow, I think it will still look good
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

After spending 45 to take panels off, one how to wire them up, and 30 to put panels back on, I am unimpressed. My 3mm leds aren't bright enough
ImageImage
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Are you going to add new LEDs then?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Eventually.
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I figured I would touch base on this. I did get around to the leds, but they were small and definitely not bright enough. And I ran them off a 9v battery in a series circuit that way I only had to use one small resistor. After starting school(and when I posted originally I was working alot of hours in summer job) I just havent gotten to doing them yet. May in mid November when we are on our quarter break I will get to it since I will have two weeks. What I end up doing was just ripping the old wiring out that I had used, but I am sure there is still some pieces left. I will run this next one off a switch connected directly to battery so I have more voltage and current to work with(since current is what matters in brightness, the 9V could supply it but would run out in no time). I desperately want to do this but with the original when riding all you could see what two dots on the road. They were the leds that shine straight ahead and I want the all around glowing ones. I am going to go with the amber color since that seems the most legal way after consulting with the state troopers. I would order the light strips but what is the fun it that when I can make my own light strips and waterproof them myself with silicone and shrink tubing?
ImageImage