How long you been riding?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

potnoodle

Re: How long you been riding?

Post by potnoodle »

i am 41 and have had the bike 3 weeks as of tomorrow.

Never owned a scooter before and am enjoying it. Have a BMW car and a Lexus.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

I'm 26 and currently on my 4th "bike".

In 2012 I bought a "Chinese" 150cc scoot for $600 just to test the waters and see if it was something I'd be interested in pursuing.
After a month or so of that I sold it for $1500 and bought a Suzuki GZ250.
In 2013 I sold the GZ250 and bought a Suzuki Marauder 800. It was extremely modified (and LOUD) but I put up with it until late 2013.
In February 2014 I purchase my current PCX150. Late 2013 or early 2014 I'll purchase a CTX700 or NC700X (haven't decided yet).
allstateclub

Post by allstateclub »

Started riding in 1969 in Ohio. Been teaching MSF Rider classes since 1987. Riding scooters since I first bought one for my wife some 15+ years ago, a 1983 Yamaha Riva 180.
Other bikes;
2013 Ural Gear-Up
2009 BMW R1200GS (for sale)
2006 Yamaha Vino 125 (for sale)
2006 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja (for sale)
Dozens of 1954-1968 Sears/Allstate bikes and scooters
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

So ASC, you're Still a MSF instructor? I was just wondering in this day and age, do you find more people are opting to take the course or do they take it because it's mandatory? (to pass & gain their cycle license)
Knowing what I know today, I believe I would take it voluntarily (if, I had that part of my life to do all over again). So worth it! In fact, a refresher run through now would be fun :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Tiily2

Post by Tiily2 »

Been riding since 1986 started on a cheap twist and go then various suzuki gp100's , new Yamaha rxs100 , new suzuki rg125, used Kawasaki er250 scorpion x2 , new Kawasaki gpz500s, used Bmw r850r, Honda ps125i ,one new one used piaggio xevo 250's ,one piaggio liberty 125 used , used Yamaha fzs1000, then back to a honda scv100 and now a new pcx125 . [the circle of life] ha ha .
43 years old by the way .
allstateclub

Post by allstateclub »

In response to White Noise's comment, in Ohio the MSF course isn't mandatory unless you're under the age of 18. However, a while back the state granted a license test waiver to anyone who successfully completed the MSF class. When that went into effect, the classes in NE Ohio (where I teach) went crazy with people signing up. Guess all those big bike owners figured they could pass on a smaller school bike and not have to attempt the DMV test on their 900 pound lead sleds. For those wanting to enhance their riding skills, there's always the BRC-II classes (the new name for the ERC (the Experienced Rider Course)) or the Advanced Rider Course.
Other bikes;
2013 Ural Gear-Up
2009 BMW R1200GS (for sale)
2006 Yamaha Vino 125 (for sale)
2006 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja (for sale)
Dozens of 1954-1968 Sears/Allstate bikes and scooters
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay thanks ASC, all my questions were answered :)
Maybe in the next generation, both the BRC and BRC-II will be mandatory for all licensing ages. There will be a lot of bikes on the roads by then, so I think they will make getting a MC license harder (more instructions, on road practice). Might even make wearing "full" armored gear mandatory....ya think? :roll:
Who knows, I'm living the life now and things seem tough enough. I think every generation says that though, ;) yeah.....we do :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
wei2go
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wei2go »

I am currently 33years old. I worked in Seychelles for a year, and when I got back, I couldn't stand sitting in traffic any more. So I bought my first scooter, which I rode for a year and a half before upgrading. I got my full bike licence last month.
Currently own a red pcx150 and a red NC750x DCT
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

since 1979 (a.k.a., Not Long Enough)

Lost count how many bikes I've had in the past. Currently have the PCX150 and a newly acquired 1971 BMW R75/5.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I've had my scooter for almost a year but with injuries and a long winter. I've only been riding about 5 months. I did take the BRC from the MSF and learned a lot. During my down time for my first injury I took the written part of the test to receive my rider's permit. Next week I plan to take the IRC and hopefully get my waiver for the driving part of the test. Right now since I only have my permit I only ride with my hubby.
beos59

Post by beos59 »

Have had my pcx150 for half a year but started to ride it two weeks ago! Had a Puch moped scooter in the middle of the 70ies and then a Suzuki GT250 during 1979 but never got around to take a mc license since my parents offered their old car to me if I didn't... now 35 years later I come around to take the full A license. Trained all winter and spring on a Yamaha XJ6 and took the license two weeks ago. I was deadly worried for the slow pace serpentine driving during the test but the test supervisor just reminded me to "not forget to breath" and it all went fine... :)