Today

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today

Post by WhiteNoise »

Today.
I hate Today.
Today I pickup my Mother's ashes at the Funeral Parlor. I will place her urn inside a vault I purchased.
Tomorrow to the cemetery where she will be placed aboved my Dad who passed in 1993.
Christmas wasn't all that. Mom passed 5 days before Christmas and Dad 5 days after. Now they will be joined on the same day, Jan. 4th.

Years of days going to the nursing home to see her are over.
I've been weeping since December 20th 2018 when I got that dreaded phone call that she passed.
I couldn't write about it. Sorry. Here I am.
My world will never be the same. She was a strong woman of 93. Simply the Best!
A real Life Changer.
Happy New Year?
Not Yet
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

WhiteNoise: My deepest condolences. Have been through what you are experiencing and it can be a struggle. I hope things get better for you and that you can now move forward with a clear future.

Best wishes,
Martyn
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

WN.

The pain never goes away completely, but time will lessen it. You will always have great memories of the good times to help you along the way.

Take care,

John.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

WhiteNoise: My deepest condolences. Have been through what you are experiencing and it can be a struggle. I hope things get better for you and that you can now move forward with a clear future.
X2
The pain never goes away completely, but time will lessen it. You will always have great memories of the good times to help you along the way.
X2 again!

I go on living my life like my parents are still looking over my shoulder to make sure I'm on track. . .just in case! I wouldn't want to disappoint them . . .. ;)
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

:cry: for you
My Mom has been gone for 15 years and I still miss her everyday. :cry:
Now my younger sis is 'about to leave'. more :cry:
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I lost my mother many years ago, and we were not that close, yet I still miss her. Losing a parent takes a part of you with them. I know that you have heard this before but time will make the loss more bearable.

I am sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

WN - the forecast today say's it will be dry and in the 40's . . . maybe get a ride around the block on your PCX if you have the time . . . or take a walk . . . it may help you to deal with your loss :|
image.jpeg
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Martyn, thank you for those kind words. I'm sorry for your loss as well. Life does move on.
A few days before my Mom passed she looked at me and said, "it's time for you to move on with you're life, to do what you want to do, go where you want to go." Oh my God what I did to hold back the tears.
So yes, I'll be finding my way to a new and hopefully brighter future with her as my heartfelt guide.

Aw John, sweet you say that. I have such great memories to cling to. Such a variety. Cheers to that Mom! and thank you John for reminding me of that "light" - Shine on

OldG, same to you - Thank You. You're spot on in saying that you continue through life and behave as if they were here. They taught you well and I get that. Same here 'ol neighbor. You can't see "That Look" they would give you anymore, but I'm bettin you sense it! I'll sense it! That's Love.
About riding, I haven't had a chance to in the longest time. It would've done me good. But then, my mind was consumed. Poor WN needs tending. Oil change, fuel change and additive. I gotta get tuit.
Btw, I love love that photo you posted. Meaningful (as usual) ;)

Oh NADman really? So sorry to read about your Mom and now your sister? Heartbreaking. Well 15 years seems like a long time but it ain't. I bet you feel like you saw you're Mom in half that time. Amazing how years fly by. Love is All We Need. They'll be Forever in Our Hearts.
Thank you for sharing with me and for your condolences. Prayers for your sister and You.

Mel, Thank you too. You're right. When a parent passes they take apart of you with them. I'm sure it goes the other way around too. I think I'm still numb. It's one of those stages you read about (I think that I'm in). Worst sadness ever! I have some of her ashes. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that yet. I fluctuate. Comfort zone. Then..... :roll: :cry: :) Crazy mix.

Again, Thank You All for sharing your thoughts here and through pm's
I'm Feeling the Love, WN
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (42.55 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I left here on a sad note so it's me job to get us up on a better key (no worries this will not be breaking into song) :lol:

TODAY'S "St. Patrick's Day" (a wee leprechaun woke me ( :? don't ask!)
So in honor of the day's festivities and keeping up with the O'Riley's
A brew and stew are on the cooker (traditional corn beef, cabbage and potatoes was last years supper).

Got Smell-o-Vision?
You laugh. Not so far-fetched!

Supper pics
Enjoy yours!
Attachments
Resized952019031795121440-1-431x290.jpg
Resized952019031795121440-1-431x290.jpg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
20190317_131223-431x483.png
20190317_131223-431x483.png (294.16 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

A pic and description of this years supper (when you're done) would be good.
Last yrs pic is making me hungry. Luv a duck.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Couldn't resist.......

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Lamb stew, fish stew, beef stew a plenty . . ..

To that we can say pour more and Slainte! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Enjoyed that Limey!
Before this day ends, here's a few biker's River Dancing (oops!) :lol:

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There must be something wrong with me. My great grandmother was full blooded Irish but I don't like corn beef and cabbage. It must be the English side of me fighting it. :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

There must be something wrong with me. My great grandmother was full blooded Irish but I don't like corn beef and cabbage. It must be the English side of me fighting it. :roll:
Perhaps Rutabagas? :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@Nadman sorry the only pics of this years supper are posted above. No duck. What you see is Guinness Beef Stew simmering. Later served with small new potatoes seasoned with sea salt, olive oil and herbs and...Irish soda bread. I ate! No thought of pics. :oops:
Last year was the corned beef supper,... L o n g gone :D
So freakin' Good!!

Btw, see that mug shot glass in the pic by the duck? That shot glass is over 60 years old. It's a family saved/fav! 8) Cheers mate!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I know it's Spring (finally) but not really here yet. No matter Shite Happens any season, and it did!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (85.92 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Truck cleaned - begone salt n sand! Driving home and stopped under an overpass (traffic light ahead is red) so I sit....
Light changes green, cars start to move and so do I when all of a sudden....

SPLAT!!!

Yes, king size word for KINGSIZED SPLAT!
Underpasses are homeless Pigeon 'n Dove Coops. Where they sit, then fly from one side to the other cooing and Crapping. No, *SPLATTING!!*
(say fast >) What a Wad of Fun :x
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

SPLAT!!!
Hilarious and absolutely true!

Must remove carefully before the acids eat into the paint. The stuff is like sandpaper grit too. Spray liberally with Windex or use a hose. :D

The Robins and Goldfinches have indeed returned.

My Thistle feeder is emptied daily again . . ..

The Robins have been feasting on my lawn.

But wait . . . Old Man Winter is not done here yet. Another inch or two of snow was on the lawn this morning. Go figure. Just when Spring arrives. . .. No luck taking a ride today. And to add insult to injury how about those 40+ MPH wind gusts. Glad I've got a Guinness or two left over from St. Patrick's Day. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

No robins bobin' here yet but soon, very soon. Then the forsythia and crabgrass wake up. Sure signs that we're on our way to heating up. Actually, this past winter was kind to L.I. folk.

Doesn't it figure that the year I buy a Snow Joe Blower is the year of No snow. Shout Out to All you Long Islander's...you can Thank Me for that! :lol: :roll: :lol: (I'd return it if I could, but then winter 2019 would be the winter of all winters :D Can't Win(ter without)

Cheers to The Warm Sun, It cometh!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Been 2 years (2017) since I got this job done. An easy one at that.

R/R my Dirty Truck Cabin Filter.
Sure nuff, I slid the filter out and it's pleats were full of crap, a miriad of crap. Anything goes in -Ewww!
and at the base of each pleat...sand, quite a bit of sand. I felt ashamed :oops:

No pics of the filth this year, but you can see a few here when I last changed it (2017). Just a bit more this time around.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7692&p=104870#p104870

So, this serves as a REMINDER to all. It's Spring. Cool enough to do a lot of outdoor and Vehicle chores.
Get tuit, you'll be glad you did. Once done your vehicle's HVAC will run Better. It may also get rid of those funny blower/vent noises yer hearing, and yer cabin will smell "Fresh as a Daisy!" :D (an old commercial)

Hmm...Not sure IF you have a cabin filter? Click the link I posted above, within that thread is another link. Click it then Fill in vehicle info and Boom! Your Answer. Saweet

Hmm #2,...Not sure how-to do it yourself? (to save $$)? Then Go on youtube search your vehicle/cabin filter and watch someone do it on your vehicle.
Or google search an online forum for your vehicle. Go to that forum and Search that forum.
Asking: How-To Replace Cabin Filter

Ok, done. Another project awaits ;)

Wait! When your done replacing that cabin filter, why not check other stuff too :D air filter? Fluids? And a monthly check on tire psi wouldn't hurt. Afterall our roads are soooo dang smooth :x
TTYL