How many miles do you have on your PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

comecamino
Year: 2011
Color: Black

Re: How many miles do you have on your PCX

Post by comecamino »

pxc-in-japan wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm March 2015 registered 150cc.
Bought Jan 2016 with 4,400 kilos.
Now 40,300 kilos (25,025 miles) and just about to have the entirety of the CVT compents (inc clutch) replaced.

Do not worry about a few thou' miles / kilos.
Rather concern yourself only with a proven service history.
I am more than generous in servicing my PCX, prioritizing lonegevity and reliability over saving a few thousand yen (a few tens of dollars) on costs.
In the long term - and I intend to use the bike until the end of its usable life - it will get miles/kilos on it and it will need maintaining/servicing.
Is your PCX made in Japan? :)
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Bought new, Sept 2013. 10000 miles.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

pcx jf28c 06/2010 93000km all day
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i have 2653 miles on my 2016 i got in a short ride last week its 20 degrees F here and 40 mile an hour winds really keeps you from putting in alot of miles
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

power-full wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:44 am pcx jf28c 06/2010 93000km all day
wow but... but...

93000km without rebuilds? So far you've broken the record! Please tell us what's the recipe. Personally i don't want to sell my pcx... Today is going to reach the 40.000km so far so good. But just the thought that nobody will buy a high mileage motorbike no matter which one and no matter how well cared it was scares me a little. So I'm debating myself if I should sell it now for a decent price with 40.000km and buy a Forza (or something newer or powerful with a more "relaxed" engine) Or just keep my pcx for the rest of the eternity until something blows up turning her unsustainable to maintain
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pxc-in-japan »

comecamino wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:09 pm
pxc-in-japan wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 pm March 2015 registered 150cc.
Bought Jan 2016 with 4,400 kilos.
Now 40,300 kilos (25,025 miles) and just about to have the entirety of the CVT compents (inc clutch) replaced.

Do not worry about a few thou' miles / kilos.
Rather concern yourself only with a proven service history.
I am more than generous in servicing my PCX, prioritizing lonegevity and reliability over saving a few thousand yen (a few tens of dollars) on costs.
In the long term - and I intend to use the bike until the end of its usable life - it will get miles/kilos on it and it will need maintaining/servicing.
Is your PCX made in Japan? :)
No. None are, as far as I know.
Assembled in Vietnam I think.
I should add a correction.]
It was in fact not necessary to replace all CVT parts at 40,000 kilos / 25,000 miles.
Replaced belt and pulleys etc, but there was MUCH less wear on the clutch weights (some call them shoes) than I had thought there would be.
Now at 73,000 kilos / 45,000 miles.
Still on original clutch, which I disassemble, inspect, clean and rebuild every 20,000 kilos.
I reckon I will replace the clutch weights at 80,000 kilos / 50,000 miles.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
power-full
Regular User
Regular User

Post by power-full »

comecamino wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:03 am
power-full wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:44 am pcx jf28c 06/2010 93000km all day
wow but... but...

93000km without rebuilds? So far you've broken the record! Please tell us what's the recipe. Personally i don't want to sell my pcx... Today is going to reach the 40.000km so far so good. But just the thought that nobody will buy a high mileage motorbike no matter which one and no matter how well cared it was scares me a little. So I'm debating myself if I should sell it now for a decent price with 40.000km and buy a Forza (or something newer or powerful with a more "relaxed" engine) Or just keep my pcx for the rest of the eternity until something blows up turning her unsustainable to maintain
Hello good day . without any major damage. at 38,000 km +- I mounted the yuminashi 164cc kit it did about 30/40 thousand km it started to use oil I went back to the original kit, (which is still mounted) I had a stress with the clogging of the injector by garbage (everything is detailed in my logbook) from this forum. other than that it's revisions of 3500km in 3500 km I use Castrol racing 10w40 when I rode with the yuminashi I used Castrol racing 5w40 ... then I have an app where I record everything I do on the bike, and it reminds me what I should do every x kilometers .. for example every 2 years change antifreeze and brake fluid (I use Castrol oil for 5.1) or the Bosch 5.1 are very good and of very good durability, gearbox oil from 7000km to 7000km (I use Castrol (I don't I remember the designation ) but I can see and post photos 75w80 ): as well as the revision to the torque drive, belt and rollers I see from 3500 to 3500 if I need to change... front pads I only use the synthesized ebc... brakes are better... other than doing 50/60 km a day....
power-full
Regular User
Regular User

Post by power-full »

but there are reports here on the Pcx Portugal forum doing Uber heat with 100000 km someone days I saw one with 140 thousand km but we don't know any breakdown history
A9ballkid
Year: 2021
Color: Pearl White

Post by A9ballkid »

Hey gang! Just hit 800miles on my 3 week old 2021 PCX. Looking forward to racking up lots of miles and I’ve been riding almost daily weather permitting. Seems like being a Honda the little beast should pretty much run forever if we’ll maintained and she just got her first oil change this past week at 600 miles. I decided to use a synthetic blend on this first change as I’d read that on some hard working high revving engines it was good to let the valves seat in before going to the super slippery full synthetic. Whether or not that’s true or not I really have no idea but I just did the rest of the fleet with Mobil 1 extended performance 5w30 and doing 3 vehicles with the 5 qt. Jugs happily left about a quart for the next pcx change which I’ll probably do a little early…maybe at 3000 mi.

I absolutely love being back on 2 wheels after about 20 years off from riding all manner of motorcycles. I built myself a nice e-bike thinking maybe that would scratch my itch…and I guess it did for a few years but every spring here in the beautiful western mountains of North Carolina it is very hard to see motorcycles all over the roads and feeling left out of the fun. So the hunt began and after a lot of research I settled on the PCX. Decided on new as used pricing was just too strong for me to warrant the difference and 2021 had several upgrades especially the larger 4 valve engine. Decided to get the abs/traction control model and rationalized a scooter would be sensible for grocery/lowes runs and back country twisties explorations. Popped on a Honda rack and then mounted up a Yamaha sourced (thanks Mel) Shad SH39 top box which looks great and has already proved highly functional. I’m blessed with literally having some of the best riding roads in the eastern half of the USA right out my front door.

I’ve been diligently practicing/drilling in a parking lot to knock the rust off of old skills. I love the light weight and low center of gravity of the scooter and the improvement on the various drills has been pretty fast and dramatic. The roads I most like to ride are not to be trifled with and at 62 and in good shape I know my reflexes aren’t as good as they were 20-40 yrs. Ago. I started following a guy on YouTube who is an instructor out of California and I think that following his guidance (the site is Motojitsu.com) I’m probably already a better rider than I was when I stopped 20 years ago.

I’m not sure what the future will hold. I love the weight, utility, and simplicity of the PCX…but I’m already craving a bit more drive out of the curves…especially uphill. Everything in life is a compromise and there’s the rub. A Honda CB300R or KLX300 super moto doubles the horsepower keeps the weight down and increases the “fun” factor…but isn’t practical as a grocery getter or as comfortable 2 up and I really like not having to shift constantly. A Honda NCX 750 DCT fills in the ease of use and utility sides of the equation and of course the power. Still gets really good (shockingly actually) gas mileage but damn near doubles the weight. I don’t see myself on cross country or really even many freeway mile treks and I really light weight of the PCX. I’ve even thought maybe a Yamaha XMax or the new Honda Forza 350 (if it makes it here) might be the eventual answer. They’d effectively double the horsepower and increase the weight by 100-125 lbs. Time will tell…I’m hoping that perhaps I’ll be able to slow down a bit and enjoy the rides for the scenery as much as for the curves.
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Welcome to the club : ) have to agree, NEW is the way to go in this market! Went to the Power Sports Dealer about a week ago and
they had a lot of open floor space.. Noticed a 2014 Forza.......real clean/low miles [6,000] $4700.00 ! Think that went new for about $5,500.00.
Pretty sure you'll be happy with your purchase. About the only thing the PCX doesn't excel at would be interstates and possibly mountains/elevation.
It should do 90% of what you want/need..............How many 2 wheelers can you say that about?? Enjoy
Tyke_
Year: 2104
Color: Burgundy

Post by Tyke_ »

my 2014 is on 2233 miles, i've done only 10 of them (i've only had the bike since yesterday). It will have an easy life with me. I won't be doing many miles, it'll never be ridden in rain/snow, its garaged, it'll be cleaned/polished when dirty. Did not think i would like a scooter as much as this, i prefer it to several big bikes i've owned.
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

power-full wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:40 pm but there are reports here on the Pcx Portugal forum doing Uber heat with 100000 km someone days I saw one with 140 thousand km but we don't know any breakdown history
yeah but he has a 160cc kit installed since the bike had vey low mileage (i've checked the original topic) so that doesnt count in my opinion. The idea here is to know how long the bike lasts with the original setup :P
power-full
Regular User
Regular User

Post by power-full »

but there are reports here on the Pcx Portugal forum doing Uber heat with 100000 km someone days I saw one with 140 thousand km but we don't know any breakdown history " original ingine"
Blackmagic
Year: 2021

Post by Blackmagic »

Im at 600 miles now☺️
Im about to take the 600 mile service now, but cant find anything about the valve clearance specs🤔
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

sold my 2016 with 47,000 miles on it. still runs and sounds like new.
sometimes i miss how small and fuel efficient a pcx is compared to a forza.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

30 000 kms finally! If not for covid and restrictions/working from home the 30K km would have been reached alot faster :).

Changed the rear tire today. The last heidenau K66 lasted 17 000 kms so I went again for the same type - good grip all year round which is not a luxury here during the winter ;).

Old vs. new tire (both the same type but you would not say just by looking at the picture :p).
heidenau K66 - new vs old.jpg
heidenau K66 - new vs old.jpg (305.69 KiB) Viewed 16763 times
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Ganglylamb wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:12 pm 30 000 kms finally! If not for covid and restrictions/working from home the 30K km would have been reached alot faster :).

Changed the rear tire today. The last heidenau K66 lasted 17 000 kms so I went again for the same type - good grip all year round which is not a luxury here during the winter ;).

Old vs. new tire (both the same type but you would not say just by looking at the picture :p).
heidenau K66 - new vs old.jpg
tell me how it works? Where I live I have sometimes -8º C and the streets freeze... you can imagine how scared I was while riding with summer tyres. o_O

So I was thinking about buying those instead

PS: I have until today 42250km :P :P :P :P no problems whatsoever, last month I took the bike to the TÜV and passed without any single problem :D
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

The K66 comes in two flavors, "all season" and "winter" - I use the all season type - winter type is, according to my local tire supply shop, way too soft.
Of course when it's freezing I slow down and if the roads have frozen mist/fog I take the longer (and slower) route to work, minimize lean angle, anticipate anticipate, ...

Funny note: last time I rode when the streets were frozen my feet did more sliding when coming to a stop at the traffic lights and trying to maintain balance as my tired did while stopping (well they did not slide at all).

No tire by itself will do miracles but in my opinion this Heidenau type is far better compared to the Michelin City grip which seems to be the go to tire for most PCX owners.
comecamino

Post by comecamino »

Ganglylamb wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:24 pm The K66 comes in two flavors, "all season" and "winter" - I use the all season type - winter type is, according to my local tire supply shop, way too soft.
Of course when it's freezing I slow down and if the roads have frozen mist/fog I take the longer (and slower) route to work, minimize lean angle, anticipate anticipate, ...

Funny note: last time I rode when the streets were frozen my feet did more sliding when coming to a stop at the traffic lights and trying to maintain balance as my tired did while stopping (well they did not slide at all).

No tire by itself will do miracles but in my opinion this Heidenau type is far better compared to the Michelin City grip which seems to be the go to tire for most PCX owners.
Imagine myself trying to survive at -8ºC with the Metzeler Sportec Street :lol:
Sigspring84
Color: W

Post by Sigspring84 »

2016 and I just clocked 34k miles