Change Windshield

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

alexandreperei
Year: 2019
Color: Matte

Change Windshield

Post by alexandreperei »

Hi everyone, I liked to change my windshiled but when I tried to change it, there is a screw that always keeps the wheel when I try to unscrew it, does anyone have a solution for this? It is the top screw from the right side

Windshield_Givi 1129D
Mount acessories: Givi 1163KIT
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Re: Change Windshield

Post by abcdarko »

Yes there is and it is a bit painful:

The problem is that the screw was tight with high torque and it spins the square head of the nut that slides in plastic.
1. I have done it on two PCXs by now.
2. The windscreen is very flexible and will not break, do not worry. Headlight is very expensive, take care.
3. The plastic cover that comes next must be released since the screw runs through it. First unscrew two philips screws hiden at the top and release 4 plastic clips with central pin (push pins inside and take out the clips-remove pins- at reversal job the pin goes in when the clip is in place)
4. Now, with someone holding the windshield and cover as open as possible, you should be able to see the neck of the nut.
5. Take the strong wide long screwdriver and position it to slide the nut to the outside. You must hammer it hard couple times and it will pop out.
6. Use the 14mm open key and 10mm wrench to untie.
7. To put it back, use additional plastic or rubber washer not to get it sealed again. Do not tie it that hard as it will eventually hold the screen in place. Just using the momentum to unscrew it next time will work.

Hope this helps as it costed me hours of thinking and 200 mosquito bites.