Cable or Satellite for Best Customer satisfaction?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have been trying to determine for a few years now whether one is better than the other in any respect, and to me it looks like it is customer satisfaction that determines which is best. Either one seems to be intent on screwing the customers, so which is best?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Cable or Satellite for Best Customer satisfaction?

Post by ItsaHonda »

Brighthouse cable has always been good to me in terms of customer service, and I haven't had any issues with their services... however, I've heard a lot of people complain about satellite (not so much the customer service as much as the service itself). Everyone will have a different experience... (ditto for cell phone carriers).
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Where I live it definitely has to be satellite because it's free and cable just isn't available.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Where I live it definitely has to be satellite because it's free and cable just isn't available.

You have TV?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Satellite tv here only, (apart from council telly). Virgin cable not available were I live either. I can't complain about sky HD service it's great.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I do neither. I have internet via DSL, and only view TV through Netflix. It's way cheaper, and you don't have to watch commercials.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

They're all gonna screw you after the initial baiting is over.

Had Comcrap, then Dish and ended up with DirecTV. For one simple reason. I originally had 2 dual receivers, but wanted one for my 5th wheel at the boat (for the queen and rainy days) I asked Dish to spilt up one the duals and no deal... Until I cancelled... :lol:

Haven't looked back. Got 2 Dvr's, a single at camp and one in the basement.

Yeah the price went up. I'm currently at around 95 a month for 2 locations. Pretty reliable and one can actually talk to person if needed. My camp was disconnected since mid January. Signal was good, but they mothballed the receiver do to being unplugged. Called the number and within 3 minutes it back up and running.

Since many are bundled, satellite may not be a good option. My IPad is wireless, same with the phone. (dropped land lines 10 years ago) Got DSL at work...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:You have TV?
Yes, and interwebs too.
Curently considering purchase of an Android 4.1 TV mini-pc but I've probably got enough gadgets already.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:You have TV?
Yes, and interwebs too.
Curently considering purchase of an Android 4.1 TV mini-pc but I've probably got enough gadgets already.
Have you checked for electricity
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Electrickery? There's a diesel generator out the back.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Yes, electricity all present and correct, largely thanks to the Scot James Clerk Maxwell without whose work another Scot John Logie Baird wouldn't have been able to invent the television and we would all still be listening to yet another Scottish invention, the radio.
So you can just get on your tubular steel (scottish invention) bike (scottish invention) and get off down the road, probably surfaced with tarmac (scottish invention)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Yes, electricity all present and correct, largely thanks to the Scot James Clerk Maxwell without whose work another Scot John Logie Baird wouldn't have been able to invent the television and we would all still be listening to yet another Scottish invention, the radio.
So you can just get on your tubular steel (scottish invention) bike (scottish invention) and get off down the road, probably surfaced with tarmac (scottish invention)
You would think all that inventing would have cheered the scots up..
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

I use cable for the internet 60 meg line, and use Freesat for my TV
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Cable provides us with internet and a landline. Don’t own a TV. Customer service sucks, but once it was up and running we’ve never needed to call them back.

Some people are tethering their laptops to cell phones to get internet now-a-days.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:Yes, electricity all present and correct, largely thanks to the Scot James Clerk Maxwell without whose work another Scot John Logie Baird wouldn't have been able to invent the television and we would all still be listening to yet another Scottish invention, the radio.
I dont know, this link would depress them: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/ ... glish.html
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Urbanian wrote:Cable provides us with internet and a landline. Don’t own a TV. Customer service sucks, but once it was up and running we’ve never needed to call them back.

Some people are tethering their laptops to cell phones to get internet now-a-days.

I do that for my tablet and tbh if I lived alone it would probably suffice
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Taz wrote:
you you wrote:
I dont know, this link would depress them: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/ ... glish.html
And the Spanish invented the bagpipes. I think the Scottish genuinely invented tall tales
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

I get internet form Earthlink, which Brighthouse services anyway. The difference is 50% off buying internet directly from Brighthouse! I got Dish network for my "cable." I have been happy with the $25 month simple package ($34 after local taxes). I had a couple billing gaffes last year with Dish but that has since been fixed. I even have digital "rabbit ears" but they were spotty at best. I'm thinking of going to the $15 month welcome package once my contract discount is up as that is the main group of channels I watch anyway.
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

I use Charter for internet only ($35 a month). Customer service is ok. With that internet connection I have an Ooma for home phone. Unlimited local and long distance ($3.73 a month) And for TV we use a Roku with Netflix and a bunch of free channels. ($7.99 a month) All run through the internet connection
2013 Honda PCX 150
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

Mel46 wrote:I have been trying to determine for a few years now whether one is better than the other in any respect, and to me it looks like it is customer satisfaction that determines which is best. Either one seems to be intent on screwing the customers, so which is best?
Depends on which service (internet, tv, etc...) and location. Care to clarify?