How-To Turn around on a hill

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

How-To Turn around on a hill

Post by fish »

Maybe the safest way to turn around when riding up a hill?
It is very easy to drop the scooter an the left side when trying to turn around to the left on a steep street.
Lots of folks have dropped their scooter on the downhill side...

At 2:58....

Fish
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: How-To Turn around on a hill

Post by springer1 »

I donno - I started on dirt bikes so later on everything on the road was easy. Best way to make a slow sharp turn is to turn / lean the bike and use the throttle to straighten you back up as needed. Kinda hard to explain, but that basically sums it up.

I remember taking my drivers test on my 250 enduro bike and watching previous riders struggle to do a slow sharp 180 degree turn in a parking stall. When my turn came I went slow into the stall and then leaned the bike hard over in the slow turn and slipped the clutch on the revving engine to just whip it around and out of the lean - to come back out of the stall under brisk acceleration. Wasn’t hot dogging, just riding like I would on a trail.
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

fish wrote:Maybe the safest way to turn around when riding up a hill?Fish
It's a good video. He's got better control of his bikes on tight maneuvers than I do.
G'Bru
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Thought the video was going to be this one. But yeah, doing a traditional u-turn on a hill is very risky. When the bike starts to lean downhill and you want to stop it with your leg the ground is too far away on the downhill side and down you go. You see the same technique in both of these videos, the bike is leaning in the uphill direction and the leg that is down is on the uphill side. Even if your foot slips the bike has a short distance to fall.

Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Thumbs Up! Great tips guys! You'll be saving folks from doing it the Wrong way :)
Folks If you haven't been in this situation yet, You more than likely Will...one/someday.
So Please, Watch these videos.

I'm moving this thread > How-To
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You