Handlebar Muffs

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

short402

Handlebar Muffs

Post by short402 »

can any one tell me what are the best Handlebar Muffs for the pcx, ie which ones have the better fit.

thanks
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Handlebar Muffs

Post by jlhog »

I have a set of Scooter Logic mitts. They fit good until I added a cup holder, gps holder and 12volt outlet on my handle bars. I only used them once and will give you a deal on them if you are in the US.
2013 Honda PCX 150
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

Funnily enough I was attempting to fit my Oxford Bonedry Muffs to the PCX this afternoon.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&ac ... 33&pid=177

In the past - and on other motorbikes - I have bolted them through the bar ends to make them fit better, and stop the front of the muff from pressing the brake lever as I rode along.
Anyway, after a while I thought it was all too fiddly, and gave up. I will make do with winter gloves for the rest of the British winter. :cry:
So in my honest opinion, I wouldn't opt to fit Oxford Bonedry Muffs if I was you.
Hope this (sort of) helps. Perhaps others have had better luck with other makes?
Tom.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hello and welcome to ya! :) I think if you posted where you live it would help with answers to your query. Just sayin'.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

I have used ScootR Logic hand mitts most of this winter. They’re not high tech, but satisfactorily designed. They take about five seconds each to put them on. I’ve left them on for weeks at a time. They come off in about three seconds.

I’m seriously allergic to the cold, so my insulated leather gloves aren’t enough. The mitts with the gloves are sufficient, though it took some practice getting used to riding that way.

ScootR Logic mitts are cheap and effective. I recommend you try them first.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

How do you wipe your nose, wipe rain off your visor, or gesture at car drivers???
lactic

Post by lactic »

The Tucano Urbano neoprene covers are the best I've found, they make a big difference.

They do 2 different types R360 & R361, the R361 is for bikes with bar end weights which the PCX does have but trust me they don't fit because the bar end weights on the PCX are so small, so you need to get the R360. It's a shame because the R361 is a better design as it comes with a reinforcing rib to keep the muffs away from the levers but having said that I've not had any problems with the R360's pushing against the levers.

If you're in the UK you can get them here - http://www.scootercrazy.com/acatalog/Ha ... overs.html
Image Image
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

lactic wrote:The Tucano Urbano neoprene covers are the best I've found, they make a big difference.

They do 2 different types R360 & R361, the R361 is for bikes with bar end weights which the PCX does have but trust me they don't fit because the bar end weights on the PCX are so small, so you need to get the R360. It's a shame because the R361 is a better design as it comes with a reinforcing rib to keep the muffs away from the levers but having said that I've not had any problems with the R360's pushing against the levers.

If you're in the UK you can get them here - http://www.scootercrazy.com/acatalog/Ha ... overs.html
i have these too and am very happy with them! bought from scooter crazy from outside the UK and they were very nice to deal with.
short402

Post by short402 »

thanks for the help guys , i think ill go for the Tucano Urbano, by the way whiteNoise im in london ,uk

thanks again
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Taz wrote:How do you wipe your nose, wipe rain off your visor, or gesture at car drivers???
Use your knees and feet.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

convinced myself to buy these too, not too bad looking on the PCX i saw parked next to me.

Spring is starting so dont see the point though its still bloody snowing in London!

I will pick these up near the end of this year.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

for short402 London ;)
Sounds like the Tucano's are the choice muff/mitts. Way to go 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
short402

Post by short402 »

i ended up getting Tucano Urbano R319, perfect fit , very happy with them. easy to put on and will be easy to remove in the summer , thanks again
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I do appreciate a good muff