Dismantle fuel lid panel on 2016 model

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

lexyzzz
Year: 2017
Color: red

Dismantle fuel lid panel on 2016 model

Post by lexyzzz »

Hi all, anyone knows or have and video link on how to dismantle the fuel lid panel on a 2016 model?

Thanks a lot!!
U will alws be missed
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Dismantle fuel lid panel on 2016 model

Post by Mel46 »

I don't know if the 2016 is like my 2013 model, but I am sure they are similar, so I will give you the how-to for mine...which is a 2013. Before you start, try to have the fuel door open. Less hassles that way, but if you can't then just proceed ahead cautiously.

1. Take the seat off in order to make access to that panel easier.
2. Remove the chrome screw in the panel.
3. Starting from the seat end, use a plastic trim removal tool to gently pry the panel up. The sides have tabs that slip into the side panels. You are going to be trying to get your fingers under the panel so that you can gently pop one side out.
4. Once you get one side out, the other side should come out as well. Now you should be able to rock the panel back and forth toward the top until the top part pops out of its insert area.
5. Now you will need to gently turn the panel over and disconnect the fuel lip cable where the white/clear plastic piece on it inserts into a metal slot on the fuel lid mechanism.
6. Also, the end of the cable has a little metal barrel-like piece that you will need to slip out of the metal piece so that the cable is completely free of the plastic door assembly.

I hope this makes sense to you. I have taken mine apart at least a dozen times, so I don't think about it now. It just comes apart easily for me.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
lexyzzz
Year: 2017
Color: red

Re: Dismantle fuel lid panel on 2016 model

Post by lexyzzz »

Mel46 wrote:I don't know if the 2016 is like my 2013 model, but I am sure they are similar, so I will give you the how-to for mine...which is a 2013. Before you start, try to have the fuel door open. Less hassles that way, but if you can't then just proceed ahead cautiously.

1. Take the seat off in order to make access to that panel easier.
2. Remove the chrome screw in the panel.
3. Starting from the seat end, use a plastic trim removal tool to gently pry the panel up. The sides have tabs that slip into the side panels. You are going to be trying to get your fingers under the panel so that you can gently pop one side out.
4. Once you get one side out, the other side should come out as well. Now you should be able to rock the panel back and forth toward the top until the top part pops out of its insert area.
5. Now you will need to gently turn the panel over and disconnect the fuel lip cable where the white/clear plastic piece on it inserts into a metal slot on the fuel lid mechanism.
6. Also, the end of the cable has a little metal barrel-like piece that you will need to slip out of the metal piece so that the cable is completely free of the plastic door assembly.

I hope this makes sense to you. I have taken mine apart at least a dozen times, so I don't think about it now. It just comes apart easily for me.
Thks Mel!! i will try out your method.
U will alws be missed