MPG Question

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

MPG Question

Post by PKrellner »

Do any of you carry extra gas in case gas stations are not available on longer trips. Don't know if this practice is even safe or legal. It's OK to just call me a dummy for not knowing this or maybe it's just my bad planning if I run out of gas. Also, how do you all secure your scooters when you park somewhere. Don't want to come out to get back on the scooter and find it gone. thanks for your answers.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: MPG Question

Post by Slickvic »

I do not remember seeing any forums postings of riders carrying extra gas for long trips.

However, one of our other PCX-150 riders carried a spare tank for the specific purpose of determining exactly how far you could go before running out of gas. The gas gauge is a wee bit conservative because he went 154 miles before running out.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

I put an MSR fuel bottle in my top box. Not sure if it will get used, but it is there if I need it.
2013 Honda PCX 150
calinaz

Post by calinaz »

Thanks to the internet, it's pretty easy to plan longer trips with gas stops at around 100 miles apart. As far as the security, unfortunately, scooters are pretty easily stolen. If I'm parking in a questionable area, I use one of these: http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/mot ... arm/page1/

The alarm is very sensitive, if the scooter moves at all, it will trigger a warning beep, then the alarm.
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
dinamasu

Post by dinamasu »

PKrellner wrote:Do any of you carry extra gas in case gas stations are not available on longer trips. Don't know if this practice is even safe or legal. It's OK to just call me a dummy for not knowing this or maybe it's just my bad planning if I run out of gas. Also, how do you all secure your scooters when you park somewhere. Don't want to come out to get back on the scooter and find it gone. thanks for your answers.
The MSR fuel bottles can be bought at REI stores. http://www.rei.com/search?query=msr+fuel+bottles

Dual Sport riders also use Primus fuel bottles which come in a 1 liter or 1.5 liter size: http://www.happy-trail.com/Primus/PRIMU ... 21961.aspx

:)
---
Don "very short person" Inamasu
Northern California
2013 Red PCX150, 2005 Silver Moto Guzzi Nevada, 2007 BMW F650GS