Cupholder for handlebar

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

QuiGonJohn
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Cupholder for handlebar

Post by QuiGonJohn »

I got a great holder for my cell phone, from recommendation on this board. RAM Mounts.

I was thinking of getting a cup holder that can mount to the handlebar. Want something good quality, that will hold secure on the handlebar as well as securely hold the cup, maybe with some mechanism that adjusts to the width of the cup. That sort of thing.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Re: Cupholder for handlebar

Post by honkerman »

QuiGonJohn wrote:I got a great holder for my cell phone, from recommendation on this board. RAM Mounts.

I was thinking of getting a cup holder that can mount to the handlebar. Want something good quality, that will hold secure on the handlebar as well as securely hold the cup, maybe with some mechanism that adjusts to the width of the cup. That sort of thing.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
well, Ram mounts makes a cupholder adapter. it works...sort of.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

When I bought my PCX it came with this cupholder on the bars. It worked nice but I removed it. I don't plan on any drinking and driving.

https://www.amazon.com/Barefoot-willies ... B004H1RLRS
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

honkerman wrote:well, Ram mounts makes a cupholder adapter. it works...sort of.
Yes, I'm thinking about getting the cupholder, mostly if I ride out and pickup lunch, sometimes I want a shake, but not sure about getting it home w/o spilling in the trunk. If I wanted to drink coffee, water or a soda, I'd probably bring a spill proof travel mug of one sort or another. I have taken McD's home in the trunk. Got their beverage holder, put shake in it, then the bag of food on the rest of the bev holder, held it fairly steady for the ride home. But an actual drink holder would probably be better.

I like the Ciro holders being rubber, but wow are they pricey. Wish Ram Mounts would offer different options for the material of the main cup holder portion.

Great video. I want to also look into the seat cover you got on your PCX, as well.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Most of the time I put water bottle in the dash glovebox - close door, fits perfectly!

I use this holder occasionally. The bracket/clamp works great. Grips your container and handlebar tightly, no worries. Mine is an older version than the one seen on their website: https://www.drink2go.com
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.23 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

whitenoise, I just did that with a water bottle the other day. Rode to a medical appt about a half hour away and I needed to be able to take a pill when I got there. Then I picked up a quick lunch item after the appt and just drank the rest of the water.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

FYI, I do not use an aftermarket windscreen. The mid sized Givi windscreen seen in the photo above was removed after one week and then sold. The stock/oem screen works best for me.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

honkerman, do you know what material the stock seat is made of? I asked at Cheeky Seats but all they said was they think theirs is better, and it might be. I just wanted to know if the stock seat was somekind of vinyl, a faux leather, or even actual leather.

whitenoise, I actually added the tall windscreen from National Cycle and like it. Really cuts down the wind, holds shape even at 60+ mph.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

QuiGonJohn wrote:whitenoise, I just did that with a water bottle the other day. Rode to a medical appt about a half hour away and I needed to be able to take a pill when I got there. Then I picked up a quick lunch item after the appt and just drank the rest of the water.
Perfect! :P
Are you Still looking for a H2O cup holder then?
Putting one bottle in glovebox seems to be working. You can add more under seat(although things get toasty in there) better in a tailbag, topbox, tunnel bag. Choices, all up to you.
** Do what's safe first and always. Pull over if necessary to reach, bend etc.

Ride and Enjoy this Summer Sunday ;)

Edit: I'm Glad your National tall windscreen works for you. You picked a Good One! Cheers
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

whitenoise, wife & I just got back from a 2 hour ride in our area, over to E of Brooksville, then back thru Brooksville, stopped at a store on N end of town, then home.

I do plan to keep looking for a drink holder, something I can use to sip at stop lights etc. and also securely carry a drink home when I p/u a meal on the bike and bring it home. The drink2go website does not have a good pic of the clamping part of the Motorcycle Cup Holder, but they do of the Spyder. How well do the arms grip around the drink/bottle.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Took a few pics of mine for you. The jaws are adjustable and hold tightly to the bars.

First you adjust the jaws to fit your bars then you push down on the clamp to lock it down.

The cup holder will fit what you want to take along. It expands (without breaking).
Note that the Entire unit is fairly large, but they assume your drink will be as well :D and, they're right!

That was a Nice 2 hour ride! I'm kinda familiar with the area. Open roads (off of 19) are the best with some actual Hills too!
Folks think Florida is flat terrain...not so. Hey, Spring Hill has hills, did you know that??
Lolololol
Attachments
20200726_230054_copy_476x635.jpg
20200726_230054_copy_476x635.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
20200726_230128_copy_476x381.jpg
20200726_230128_copy_476x381.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
20200726_225852_copy_476x586.jpg
20200726_225852_copy_476x586.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 5014 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Direct page for - Drink 2Go @ $16.99 with free S&H:
https://www.drink2go.com/collections/cu ... r-drink2go
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

WhiteNoise wrote:Direct page for - Drink 2Go @ $16.99 with free S&H:
https://www.drink2go.com/collections/cu ... r-drink2go
Ordered! :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Anyone fitted a Teasmade to the handlebars?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hahaha! - I'll play :D

Bars? o_O Nooooooooo
Teasmade's been fitted to rear rack w/quick release for easy on, easy off.
Was mounted for those that nap curbside during the day.
WN approaches with a "Quick Stop" then with a "meep meep" they wake and tap into it. Worry free, Covid Free and Cup free,...for all ;)
BAM! They're "Up and Atom, Atom Ant!" (Was that Cartoon shown in the UK back in the day?)

anywho,...me Teasmade was a Flea market buy so has a wee bit of a flaw - alarm's broken, tis all. On/off works, tea pours. Good e'nuff! :D 8)

That's my story and I'm sticken' tuit! :lol:
You're turn,
me Chores await :|
(2yous likes stories. You got it mate!) :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hahaha! - I'll play :D

Bars? o_O Nooooooooo
Teasmade's been fitted to rear rack w/quick release for easy on, easy off.
Was mounted for those that nap curbside during the day.
WN approaches with a "Quick Stop" then with a "meep meep" they wake and tap into it. Worry free, Covid Free and Cup free,...for all ;)
BAM! They're "Up and Atom, Atom Ant!" (Was that Cartoon shown in the UK back in the day?)

anywho,...me Teasmade was a Flea market buy so has a wee bit of a flaw - alarm's broken, tis all. On/off works, tea pours. Good e'nuff! :D 8)

That's my story and I'm sticken' tuit! :lol:
You're turn,
me Chores await :|
(2yous likes stories. You got it mate!) :D
:D :D I think you’ve fitted optics.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

QuiGonJohn wrote:honkerman, do you know what material the stock seat is made of? I asked at Cheeky Seats but all they said was they think theirs is better, and it might be. I just wanted to know if the stock seat was somekind of vinyl, a faux leather, or even actual leather.
I'd say "Pleather." I don't think that came off any kind of animal. The Cheeky Seats cover is vinyl I believe, but it's held up well enough in the four + years I've had it. The pull string wore out, so I had to staple it in place, but otherwise, no concerns.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

honkerman wrote:I'd say "Pleather." I don't think that came off any kind of animal. The Cheeky Seats cover is vinyl I believe, but it's held up well enough in the four + years I've had it. The pull string wore out, so I had to staple it in place, but otherwise, no concerns.
My Honda Dealer also said "pleather", he described it as fabric-backed vinyl. Cheeky has vinyl and also a Premium Faux Leather, as well as one called Carbon-Fiber. Thought of upgraded to the Faux Leather, but the Carbon Fiber sounds like it might be more durable.
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

I wound up going with Barefoot Willie's. I wanted a full cup vs. the open frame of drink2go. I considered RAM, but decided against the moving, always level, tech. So far the one I got seems fine. I bought a travel drink can to use just on the bike. With a thin coozy around it, it can't move much in the holder.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

QuiGonJohn wrote:
honkerman wrote:I'd say "Pleather." I don't think that came off any kind of animal. The Cheeky Seats cover is vinyl I believe, but it's held up well enough in the four + years I've had it. The pull string wore out, so I had to staple it in place, but otherwise, no concerns.
My Honda Dealer also said "pleather", he described it as fabric-backed vinyl. Cheeky has vinyl and also a Premium Faux Leather, as well as one called Carbon-Fiber. Thought of upgraded to the Faux Leather, but the Carbon Fiber sounds like it might be more durable.

Pleather is PU Leather. Effectively vinyl, or Naugahyde in old money?

PVC over a composite backing.

Leather = butter
Pleather = margarine