Motorcycle Helmets

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: Motorcycle Helmets

Post by Steph »

@Josh- I think we do look cool riding our scooters! Screw anyone who tells you differently! ;) I really think it’s awesome you picked this helmet. Can’t beat the price and it’s not a piece of crap. I can’t wait to get home and ride! My other helmet is hi-vis yellow without graphics and I got complements on that as well. Decided to upgrade to a full face because of the safety aspects.

Ride safe my friend! :)
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

I like that hi-vis HJC helmet. Does anybody know if it fits under the PCX seat in size large?
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

I doubt it. My wife's Bell (size small) doesn't even fit under there. I guess they assume all scooterists wear 3/4 helmets.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

I've seen reviews where they claim a full face helmet can fit. B.S. No such thing. :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Steph wrote:I've seen reviews where they claim a full face helmet can fit. B.S. No such thing. :roll:
If you mean can a full face fit under the seat of a PCX then yes, most of them can.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:
Steph wrote:I've seen reviews where they claim a full face helmet can fit. B.S. No such thing. :roll:
If you mean can a full face fit under the seat of a PCX then yes, most of them can.
I would imagine that is true for small and medium, but it seems you are lucky if a L fits. Maybe it's worse on the new one, rather than better as I believe some press claim, as the tank is larger and the plastic inside the seat slightly different, protrusion wise. Manufacturers claims (not only Honda) that FF helmets fit is slightly meaningless advertising without specifying what average size helmets fit i.e. S/M
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:
gn2 wrote:
I would imagine that is true for small and medium, but it seems you are lucky if a L fits. Maybe it's worse on the new one, rather than better as I believe some press claim, as the tank is larger and the plastic inside the seat slightly different, protrusion wise. Manufacturers claims (not only Honda) that FF helmets fit is slightly meaningless advertising without specifying what average size helmets fit i.e. S/M

My shoei large fits perfectly
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

JoshM wrote:... I just don't want to look like a fishing bobber/float.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that saying ... I've got a feeling I will be using it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

When I tried my medium HJC CL-16 full face, the seat is about an inch and 1/2 off the latch because it resting in the top vent of my helmet and I'm afraid to try and latch the seat for fear of applying to much pressure on the top vent. Maybe the HJC is bigger then the shoei?
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Don't try, Steph.

In a different thread, I said:

Well, I thought that my large S&S2000 fit, but I found that the seat was bending a bit to accommodate it. I could see a bit of yellow/green peeking out one day, and then noticed that the seat no longer seals onto the compartment.

If the fit is tight, take a good close look at the seat when closed to see if it is remaining sealed. I'm hoping that my seat has not taken a permanent set.

It appears that my seat has gone back to sealing pretty well, but I'm glad I stopped trying to fit the helmet under the seat. The little wire helmet keeper thing works great. I do keep a big plastic bag under the seat to use if there is a threat of rain.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@GeorgeSK - That is amazing! Our helmets dont fit so well and you you's fits. Maybe shoei helmets are smaller on the outside? :?

We are looking to go to the Detroit Zoo today and would love to have my helmet in a safe place. I might have force it! :x
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

This is why I like the rear carrier. Mine holds two full face helmets.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Duggle »

My Shoei Neotec in large does not fit. Maybe You You could specify the size and model of his helmet that fits.
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Duggle »

Steph wrote:@Josh- I think we do look cool riding our scooters! Screw anyone who tells you differently! ;)
Heard a guy in a Mustang yesterday say (in a derogatory fashion as he was pulling away from a stop) "get a motorcycle". :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Duggle wrote:My Shoei Neotec in large does not fit. Maybe You You could specify the size and model of his helmet that fits.
That's a flip-front.
Most of those do not fit.
Most proper full face helmets do fit.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Duggle wrote: Heard a guy in a Mustang yesterday say (in a derogatory fashion as he was pulling away from a stop) "get a motorcycle". :lol:
Was he at least in a V8? I find most "ahole" Mustang drivers are in V6s.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The best ones have straight six engines :geek:
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Duggle »

JoshM wrote:
Duggle wrote: Heard a guy in a Mustang yesterday say (in a derogatory fashion as he was pulling away from a stop) "get a motorcycle". :lol:
Was he at least in a V8? I find most "ahole" Mustang drivers are in V6s.
I think that it may have been the passenger not the driver. Not sure of the engine, wasn't paying attention to that, I don't recall hearing a throaty v8 though. It was a fourth generation Mustang (1994-2004) not kept up particularly well and nowhere near as nice as my Mustang so I felt like I had the last laugh (internally anyway).
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

As far as security, Steph - do you feel that the helmet hanger that Honda provided isn't secure enough? I suppose in Detroit...maybe not, and out of sight, out of mind, but the wire loop thing works well for me.

I even stole the idea and made a longer wire so that I can secure both my and the Admiral's helmets. Works great (at least for the opportunist thief). If anybody would like a pic, I can certainly provide it.

And Duggle - I expect your quiet response was "Get a life." Or perhaps something a bit less civil...
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Duggle wrote:
Steph wrote:@Josh- I think we do look cool riding our scooters! Screw anyone who tells you differently! ;)
Heard a guy in a Mustang yesterday say (in a derogatory fashion as he was pulling away from a stop) "get a motorcycle". :lol:

That must be a harley then. They don't stray far...