PCX Windscreen list

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: PCX Windscreen list

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P ------> Lookie here! There's another screen to consider by Fabbri Accessories: http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/prodotto ... o=185&l=en
When I had my 2007 Piaggio MP3 I put a Fabbri mid height screen on and Loved it! Excellent quality!
In the USA I'm pretty sure I ordered it here: http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/index.php
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

Hello all ........ I haven't posted here for a long time. Nothing to contribute, except that I'm SICK of winter and can't wait to get back on my scoot!
I've been reading all the posts about different windshields. My Givi 322ST has been OK but since quite a few have said the Ermax +25 is better for less buffeting, i decided to order one to try. I went to redracingparts.com in Italy. They have an English site and at least for the next few days, the Ermax is $125.36 USD, shipping included. The same-same price is higher and since so many have had troubles with them I just stayed away. I'll post a pic when I get it installed.
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Yeah guys i have bought ermax +25 for 65EUR yesterday, used but as new (bought October 2013). Now I'm awaiting for PCX 2014 till April because I still have vision 110.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Joemag22 »

I was looking around for windscreens and located this one on webike

http://japan.webike.net/products/21381722.html

Not sure if anyone has tried it or has any info... It was about $40 less and the ermax from same-same, including the cost of shipping...

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by dustin91 »

I'm bookmarking this thread! I just installed the Givi D322S last weekend, and while I hear it buffets a bit, I haven't been able to tell because it's been quite windy here in NJ – lots of crosswinds especially today. In the summer heat, I probably won't mind it. The one thing I wanted to avoid was a screen that rose higher than my face... I don't want to look through my helmet AND the screen. A taller one might work, like the Ermax, but I don't like the look of a REALLY tall one.

Nevertheless, Honda made it a cinch to change, so I also wouldn't mind rotating through them as the weather requires!
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

As of today I'm STILL WAITING for redracing.com in Italy to ship my Ermax +25. They supposedly had it in stock, but they sent an e-mail saying there would be an 8 to 10 day delay. I've been ( unusually ) polite in my mails to them but my patience is not that great. If I don't get shipping confirmation soon I'm going to have my card issuer start the recovery process. Too bad we here in the US have to deal with overseas suppliers so much. The PCX has been around long enough now for a few companies here to offer parts without all the hassle.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Dustoff66 wrote:As of today I'm STILL WAITING for redracing.com in Italy to ship my Ermax +25....
Hey Dust, please keep us posted! I did another 50 miles today with the Givi 322 shorter screen, and the buffeting is just too much for me. Not in helmet movement, but in noise. Way, WAY to much noise.

I'm not sure I'd like the look of the Givi tall screen, plus apparently there are issues with fitting he screen around the mirrors - you need reverse threads or something. That's why I want to know how the Ermax works out for you. I'm worried not about buying from Italy, but in returning it if it's not a good fit for me.

Thanks!

Dustin
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

Dustin, I sent them e-mail Friday asking for a confirmed shipping by Monday 4/14 or a refund. They replied that they were shipping Saturday 4/12. No tracking info as yet, but I assume ( and you know what THAT means ) that it will arrive stateside by Wednesday and maybe I'll have it by Friday. I'll keep you posted.
I also sent "same same " e-mail asking about stock and shipping ---- no reply. The French, I guess don't bother replaying to email from "les Americains".
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Thanks for the update... please keep us posted. As of this afternoon, my Givi 322 is wrapped up and ready to be shipped back, and the stock Honda shield - tiny as it is - is back on. I even tested taping over the hole at the bottom of the Givi to see if air was coming in that way, but it didn't make a difference. Sure, the stock screen is windy, but that leaves more to helmet shape in my opinion. When I had the Givi on, I'd hold my hand up over the shield, and in the right space, it would break the turbulence, and everything would quiet down. That's how I knew it was the screen itself.

I'm going to order the taller screen anyway, as may other posters have said that there isn't much interference with the mirrors - at best you just need to tilt the handlebars forward. The kit requires reverse-thread hardware on the 150 (but not the 125), which seems crazy to have to worry about. But if it works with the wind, I'll make it work with the mirrors!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I like the wind it's one of the reasons why I ride a bike.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

As do I... the screen was for colder weather. I like wind, but not cold wind.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Indyglow »

dustin91 wrote:Thanks for the update... please keep us posted. As of this afternoon, my Givi 322 is wrapped up and ready to be shipped back, and the stock Honda shield - tiny as it is - is back on. I even tested taping over the hole at the bottom of the Givi to see if air was coming in that way, but it didn't make a difference. Sure, the stock screen is windy, but that leaves more to helmet shape in my opinion. When I had the Givi on, I'd hold my hand up over the shield, and in the right space, it would break the turbulence, and everything would quiet down. That's how I knew it was the screen itself.

I'm going to order the taller screen anyway, as may other posters have said that there isn't much interference with the mirrors - at best you just need to tilt the handlebars forward. The kit requires reverse-thread hardware on the 150 (but not the 125), which seems crazy to have to worry about. But if it works with the wind, I'll make it work with the mirrors!
The 323 extender kit DOES NOT require reverse-thread hardware on the 150. You just have to install the pieces correctly.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Ah, great to know, thanks!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I would have liked to try the TCP but couldn't find a way to buy one in the US so I went with the normal Givi. And ended up reshaping it and bending it back to make it cleaner and more aero.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Very nicely done! Have you ridden with it yet? If so, how're the results?

And how did you accomplish this? Hair dryer or something similar?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Hot air gun. I wrote about it here:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=645#p10363
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Ah, thanks for the link to the older post. That was before I joined here. Glad to hear your mod worked, but I just packed up the 322 to go back to the store. Hopefully the 323 will arrive before the weekend for a test run. If that doesn't work either, I'm just sticking with the original. I tried closing off the space at the bottom as other members recommended, but it didn't make any difference.
marley2011

Post by marley2011 »

Taz wrote:Just found a site that mentions the small Givi (322ST) is +18.5cm and the tall Givi is +41cm. Also there seems to be Biondi windscreen for the PCX though not sure if its a dedicated PCX screen or generic. Also I forgot to add the Honda aftermarket screen, though why would anyone would get that due to its high price!
Hi does the size you mention mean its 18.5 cm bigger than standard for the pcx and plus 41 for the large trying to work out what one to go for thanks
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Marley, yes... that's usually what those measurements mean - how much taller the screens over the stock Honda.
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Dustoff66 »

Just a quick update: redracing in Italy sent me a shipping manifest. They used PosteItaliane, their basic mail service. I entered the tracking # but it's "not found" on their system. I have my fingers crossed that my Ermax will arrive soon and undamaged. I'll post photos when and if it arrives and I get it installed.