Time for a New Tire?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Time for a New Tire?

Post by davenowherejones »

I have now tried out the Kenda. It is holding air except I should have put 0ne more psi in it. My FOBO bluetooth tire pressure monitor system is complaining of a low tire when it gets cold. It is hard for me to get the right amount of air in. My old fingers have trouble unscrewing the tire pump, I let too much air out, I put extra in to help with this. And the I have trouble screwing on the FOBO sensor letting more air out. I have vision problems getting everything aligned. I need to try again but it is raining today maybe tomorrow.

I am not that co-ordinated in my old age (never was)

I put some kind of orange tire sealant in tire to combat the scratches during mounting.

Has anyone else used the Kenda K434 on a Forza 300? It was very difficult to mount. I have done quite a few tires before. I should know how to do it. I put on a 150/70-13, I have never been able to buy in Canada the 140/70-13 that Honda says is right. Michelin got mounted, Shinko, Pirelli, Heidenau and others(???). The Kenda fought me all the way. Scooter tires are hard to get in Canada. FortNine.ca has mailed me all of my last tires.

My riding days are coming to an end due to poverty and medical problems. Mostly medical

There is a guy up the road with a really sweet tire machine that can do my scooter size. I had him do a tire, good price. I wanted to buy a tire from him and have it installed. He never called me to say he had the tire ready. I went to his backyard workshop a few times. I forget the full story but he got into a fight with someone and that person ended up in the hospital. I think the police were involved. I never did get my tire but I also never paid for it either. There was something about Vietnam flashbacks. I learned to do my own tires. except THAT KENDA!!!