New PCX, CBT advice

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

New PCX, CBT advice

Post by tildarama1 »

Hi everyone,

Just posted in the gallery section: Bringing her home on Saturday!
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1216

I wondered if anyone had any advice on riding a PCX for the first time, as I am rather nervous about my CBT (compulsory basic training, here in the UK).

THANK YOU
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New PCX, CBT advice

Post by Slickvic »

tildarama1 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just posted in the gallery section: Bringing her home on Saturday!
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1216

I wondered if anyone had any advice on riding a PCX for the first time, as I am rather nervous about my CBT (compulsory basic training, here in the UK).

THANK YOU
I found that with the low center of gravity you should not have any issues learning to ride again. If you already have previous experience riding a 50cc bike, then it's not much different.

Try to get some riding time in before you take the CBT if you are legally allowed to do that. Even riding in a good sized parking lot will help. The reason I say this is that your level of confidence will dictate how well you do on the test.

Good luck and get out there and ride!
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately can't ride at all before the CBT as the bike is at the garage for the next week, and being delivered to me for the CBT.

I'm sure ill do fine, I know you cant 'fail' a CBT and I am probably better than when I took it 6 years ago, think i'm more excited than nervous really :)
HSF
Year: 2013 PCX125esp
Color: Red

Post by HSF »

No reason why you shouldn't be fine. The PCX is a pretty forgiving machine, I reckon. Just relax, don't rush yourself, and enjoy! 8)
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

HSF wrote:No reason why you shouldn't be fine. The PCX is a pretty forgiving machine, I reckon. Just relax, don't rush yourself, and enjoy! 8)
THANKS!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi and Welcome! Good to hear you'll be taking the course, good luck! :P
I was just wondering, does your CBT have scooters available for you to use instead of your Brand New Spanky PCX? Or are they all geared bikes?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

Thanks!
WhiteNoise wrote:I was just wondering, does your CBT have scooters available for you to use instead of your Brand New Spanky PCX? Or are they all geared bikes?
I believe they have some 50cc machines but I feel doing the CBT on my bike would be a better option. 8 hours of riding on my bike with an instructor there makes me feel happier than learning on one machine then learning myself on the PCX. I have done a CBT before, and I know people say 'but you might drop your bike' but I didn't drop it last time, and if I do, well then I do (I'm sure 9/10 people at some point drop a bike or two!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay cool, as long as they gave you the option :) How many students in the group?
Oops...forgot this >>>> Nice looking scoot coming your way!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Okay cool, as long as they gave you the option :) How many students in the group?
Oops...forgot this >>>> Nice looking scoot coming your way!
Lol, Thanks :)

I believe they are only supposed to have 2 students per instructor (legally) but I will have to wait and see if this holds true, as I have heard otherwise!
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

You took a CBT before? If you passed then you're OK to ride a 125 on the road for two years after the pass date. If you passed but haven't ridden since you could ask your instructor if they could take you out for an hours tuition/refresher just to build your confidence and stay safer.

If you failed your previous CBT then go out on a push bike and ride around town to get a feel for riding in traffic, slow speed manoeuvres, etc.
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

edscoot wrote:You took a CBT before? If you passed then you're OK to ride a 125 on the road for two years after the pass date. If you passed but haven't ridden since you could ask your instructor if they could take you out for an hours tuition/refresher just to build your confidence and stay safer.

If you failed your previous CBT then go out on a push bike and ride around town to get a feel for riding in traffic, slow speed manoeuvres, etc.

I passed my previous CBT 6 years ago and only rode about 5-6 times on a 50cc scooter. Honda threw a free CBT in when I bought the bike so i'm going to make the most out of the whole days training :D
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

Hi,

Thought you might like to know that I am home safe and sound with my bike.

Had a bit of an upset earlier in the day, because I got frustrated, as one of the instructors for the off-road was very pressurizing and quite sexist, I think he was a get them in and out of the door as fast as possible kind of trainer (not really helpful when learning to ride a motorcycle).The trainer for the on-road section was excellent, so I passed and got my certificate. I then rode home happy and safe :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tildarama1 wrote:Hi,

Thought you might like to know that I am home safe and sound with my bike.

Had a bit of an upset earlier in the day, because I got frustrated, as one of the instructors for the off-road was very pressurizing and quite sexist, I think he was a get them in and out of the door as fast as possible kind of trainer (not really helpful when learning to ride a motorcycle).The trainer for the on-road section was excellent, so I passed and got my certificate. I then rode home happy and safe :)

Well done