NCY Clutch, S23 Variator Help Needed

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jerseybiker
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

NCY Clutch, S23 Variator Help Needed

Post by Jerseybiker »

I am not one to modify my scoots - I prefer them the way Mother Honda bred them. As a result, I know little about mods.

Ultimate question will be - How do I get this back to running like stock.

I bought an ADV150 second hand. The first owner installed an NCY clutch and an S23 variator with whatever weight rollers come with it. As a result the scooter will run up to about 71 or 72 MPH BUT it is loud. The RPMs seem to be quite high and, when starting from a stop you need to run the revs pretty high before the scoot will even start moving. I prefer my scooters quieter and more mellow. I can live with a top speed of 65 mph. I believe the po gave me all the stock parts.

Understand that I have only a basic knowledge of what the clutch and variator do. So, I don't really know what parts of this "upgrade" might be responsible for causing the motor to run "better".

To get back to a more stock running/sounding engine - can I just take out the new rollers and put the original weight rollers back in? Do I need to put the original clutch and variators back in as well?

Appreciate any help you can give.
David
Jerseybiker
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Re: NCY Clutch, S23 Variator Help Needed

Post by Jerseybiker »

I ended up just replacing all the stock parts. It runs much better, quieter and smoother. I haven't had a chance to check top speed yet but I'm sure it will be back to about 65 mph.