Seat Time

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Seat Time

Post by Driller »

After a looong dry spell away from the scoots, I had a chance to get out for a ride today up to Lake Lure.

It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of folks out enjoying it. Plenty of motorcycles but I think I was the only scooter rider around. :ugeek:
While I was away, a package with this in it had arrived.......

I quickly (and easily) changed the seats and was ready to see if my bum would be happy with the new model. After about 50 or so miles and over an hour in the saddle, I will say the comfort level is at least as good as stock. The padding in the new seat is thinner and firmer. It cradles your backside and I feel like I can move back perhaps an inch more than with "the hump". What padding is there supports the "sit bones" and no pressure was felt on my tail bone.
This seat did not come with a gasket and the pan is shallower than stock resulting in some loss of storage volume. My helmet would almost fit, but no way with the new one. :(
The shape of the seat looks sharp, but looking back, the flatter version might be a better choice.

Here is another addition.....

It is a "MOLLE GEAR" pouch I found at a military supply store. It attaches to the handlebar with straps and snaps, has some elastic webbing inside. Eye glasses, camera, even a PPK will fit nicely and are easy to reach. The loops on the face invite anything with a hook or strap. I will be slipping a "sting stick" through them since the bees and others are coming out.
I hope to make a longer road trip soon to give the seat a better test.

Stay tuned.....
Driller
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Seat Time

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for sharing pics and review. I like that the seat put you back an inch further and the tailbone area is painfree, those are good plus's in my book :) I'll be back to hear more as you continue testing 'er out. Oh, & I do like the matching red stitching ;)
In My opinion,......HONDA should've had seat options to offer us at time of purchase.

BTW......where are all those Honda accessories promised when this scoot was first introduced? Did I make that up in this 'ol head of mine? Wow the salesman said he knew lots down the road coming our way....huh? Bring them on already!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
daugava

Post by daugava »

I ordered this same seat from powerByPCX site, it's going to arrive soon... I have high hopes for it!
Scooters2com.blogspot.com
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

It also looks like your seat height is lowered an inch or two. Is that true?

I really like it but I also really like locking my FF helmet in the seat out of sight.

Don
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

My full face and 3/4 helmets would not fit under the stock seat (I have a big head :oops: ). Definitely not under the new one. The pan is shaped differently and it does seem to sit slightly lower.

Geezy, Lewes or Rodanth?
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Hey Driller,

I live on a peninsula between Indian River Bay and Rehoboth Bay about 10 miles from Rehoboth Beach. I've been living here full time since 2005 and loving every minute of it!

Don