2023 ADV150 throttle/power problem

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterCommuter76
Year: 2023
Color: ADV150

2023 ADV150 throttle/power problem

Post by ScooterCommuter76 »

Hello, I bought an ADV150 almost two years ago and have loved owning it ever since. I use it to commute to work almost every day. Like many, I have modified the scooter with mostly bolt on parts for cosmetic and performance purposes with no issues, until recently....

My problem: While riding at about 45 mph I lost all power to the rear wheel, yet the scooter was still idling when I coasted onto the shoulder of the road. It would restart and run, but each time I twist the throttle the engine revs poorly (sounds bogged down) and there is literally no power going to the rear wheel. The rear wheel spins while it sits idling on the stand, but if I give it some throttle it does not accelerate although the engine is revving.

A major hurdle to figuring this out, is that I have made some modifications to it. Recently, after a camshaft and roller/rocker upgrade I decided to replace my stock ECU for the Aracer mini-5 with wideband O2 sensor for tuning purposes. It went well and seems to work great. Then I decided to upgrade my throttle body from the stock 26mm to a 32mm Yumanashi model. Scooter started up just fine and I went on a test ride when the above problem occurred.

Since this happened I discovered that the 2 sensors that connect to the after market throttle body were malfunctioning and replaced them both (throttle position sensor and the idle air control valve) I also went back to the stock throttle body with the 2 new sensors installed and reset, however the problem still plagues me. Starts right up, after it is warmed up, it seems to have difficulty keeping the designated AFR (13.3), hence the rougher idle. At no point will it deliver any power to the rear wheel despite hearing the engine rev up. Out of desperation I have since replace the variator, clutch, and drive belt, still no luck. Unless I can find some help online, my next stop is the dealership/local garage.... please help me keep my dignity intact! Any help welcome...
ScooterCommuter76
Year: 2023
Color: ADV150

Re: 2023 ADV150 throttle/power problem

Post by ScooterCommuter76 »

Problem solved! Thanks anyways. All I needed to do was reset the after market ECU (Aracer Mini-5), which I probably should have done after installing a larger throttle body. It was an extremely complicated procedure, which involved turning the scooter on and off ten times within 15 seconds....LOL. I didn't even need a wrench.