Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

Post by Jhois1 »

I am looking at changing out the standard screen on my PCX150 and originally was all but sold on going with a Givi. However, after seeing some pics of Taz, I really am now leaning towards the Ermax.

Could anyone please respond with their feedback or experience on the two?

Much appreciated!
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

Post by haildamage »

it depends on how tall you are. i have had both the GIVI D322ST and the Ermax +25. a am 5ft 8in tall. they are both very nice windscreens. after having the givi for awhile i wished that i had gotten something just a bit taller. then i my bike fell over and the windscreen shattered when it hit my car because i had a case of water on the seat with the bike on the sidestand. i replaced it with the ermax +25 and that height is perfect for me, so i am well pleased.

i recommend you stay away from internet Ermax seller "Same Same" of France! i had a big hassle buying from them.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Thanks for the reply.

There is a seller in France. It is Silverstonemotor. Anyone heard of them? They look to have a good feedback rating on eBay.

The price $102.00 US dollars + shipping. How long should I expect delivery time if I go with them.. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Same Same were fine for me and really quick to deliver but also you can get from eBay as users Destocnet, this link may work: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610635933 ... 1423.l2649
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Taz - How much of a mileage increase (MPG) have you noticed since you've had the Ermax +25?

Also, is there a major difference in comfort on the faster rides due to the larger screen?

Most importantly to me...I want to go with the black screen (as I have the all black PCX), but want to know if it is too dark. Any opinion on that?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

No idea on MPG increase but my top speed went up 1 or 2mph and also its comfortable at speed now, with no buffeting. I suspect MPG went down a small fraction. No idea on the black screen as I went smoked (fume). Black should be fine as you dont look through the tinted part. Im 6' 4" and I do get some helmet noise. But thats mostly my crappy shark helmet where this visor does not seal.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

I have the tall Givi 323 now. I had the stock screen and the short Givi 322, both were very uncomfortable at anything over 50 mph. I look through the 323, not over it, but I am very happy with it. If you search Givi 323 or similar windscreen searches on this site, you'll find plenty of information and opinions from people who have various screens.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

I have the short Givi. Will be putting her for sale shortly, stay with the stock screen for the summer, and ordering the Ermax +25 after summer. The short Givi looks nice and will get the worst of the wind off your chest, but it creates some serious buffeting that combined with my cheapo modular helmet makes riding very noisy and uncomfortable, to the extent that out of the city, I have to wear ear plugs. Hope it gets better with the Ermax. I'm 5 ft 9" 1/2.

My advice, Ermax.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am also 5' 9" and it seems as if almost all believe the taller versions to be the most practical for any highways miles.

Any thoughts on timing for arrival of shipping? 2-3 weeks?
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

My Givi from Compacc took almost 3 weeks.

Don
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

I'm 5' 10" and have the tall Givi. It was a bit annoying to have to look through the windshield instead of over it, but got used to it quickly. There is no helmet noise or turbulence at any speed. I have noticed no difference in MPG, and don't know if it affects top speed since I don't ride much above 60 MPH.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The tall Givi is around 15cm taller than the tall ermax. For me at 6'4" I think that would mean peering through the edge of the tall givi, which is why I went with the Ermax. Plus I didnt want a spinaker on my scooter. I keep the big sails for my sailboat ;)
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

So where is everyone getting their ermax from?
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

"Spinaker" :lol: :lol:

It does look ungainly, but it's what works. The windshield is not optically pure, it collects water spots and bugs, and the top edge bobs and weaves around relative to your line of sight, but it is no more distracting than the windshield wipers on your car. You get used to it. You also get used to travelling at speed absent the assault of wind.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Ermax + 25. It cost $163.00 with shipping included. :o
Shipping from France. Hope I get it in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on shipping time to the states?
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Jhois1 wrote:I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Ermax + 25. It cost $163.00 with shipping included. :o
Shipping from France. Hope I get it in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on shipping time to the states?

good luck to you if you ordered from 'Same Same', seriously. some are lucky and have a smooth transaction with them. others like me...
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

No I stayed away from Same same based on advice in the Forum. I went with Silverstonemotors and they have had very good communication via email. At first I was concerned as I didn't get a chance to pick the color, but through email, it was taken care quickly.
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

I'm 5'11" and I share my PCX with daughter who is 5'10".
I would like to hear a report from you when your Ermax +25 is installed. Having only the stock windshield, I could not imagine having to look through a vibrating and insect splattered tall windshield. I imagine I would prefer to have the bugs splatter on my helmet shield than on the scooter windshield. I'm thinking that maybe the Ermax +25 may be the tallest I want to go.
For the summer I will stay with the stock windshield, but come the rainy months starting September, I may eagerly install a windshield.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

haildamage wrote:it depends on how tall you are. i have had both the GIVI D322ST and the Ermax +25. a am 5ft 8in tall. they are both very nice windscreens. after having the givi for awhile i wished that i had gotten something just a bit taller. then i my bike fell over and the windscreen shattered when it hit my car because i had a case of water on the seat with the bike on the sidestand. i replaced it with the ermax +25 and that height is perfect for me, so i am well pleased.

i recommend you stay away from internet Ermax seller "Same Same" of France! i had a big hassle buying from them.
The Givi D322ST is available on Amazon.com for $90. I ordered it and received it in 5 days free shipping.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Jhois1 wrote:Any thoughts on shipping time to the states?
It took a few weeks for the short Ermax I bought to arrive, I ordered it from SameSame. I'd say at least 2-4 weeks.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes