Finding a post I commented on in the past.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Finding a post I commented on in the past.

Post by pxc-in-japan »

Hello, all.
Long time no see.

A while back someone replied to me with info that I now need rather urgently.
So I need to find the post in which I read the reply.
Can you give me a hand doing that, please?

Or... if you happen to be better with the search tool on the forum than I seem to be, and you can find a post that shows what I need, that would be even better, but I feel I'm being rude asking people to perform searches for me.... though I have spent some time making tutorials and sharing them, so perhaps you will forgive rudeness and crap computer skills.

Thank you for whatever you can do for me.

Specifically...
I have just broken a panel trying to remove it as shown in a video - a way that is clearly a shortcut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rrAdPwI0E
The info i got before was a list of panel names / part numbers to remove in the correct order, to access the combined brake master cylinder.
Though I have the manual, it sends me in circles and refers back on itself, not giving me a clear idea of the best / proper / safe order in which to remove the panels for access. I don't want to break anything else.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Re: Finding a post I commented on in the past.

Post by pxc-in-japan »

In my haste, I decided to try to take off both panels to access the combined brake master cylinder... and broke them both.
I strongly suggest you do not follow the video I posted.
For me, no worries, it's a 100,000 kilometre commuting machine, and as long as it is mechanically sound, I am not worried about a clean, scratch free body etc.
For those for whom their PCX is a toy as much as a tool.... do not follow that video.

Oh, I still want to know how to access my previous posts and how to remove the panels "properly."

Thanks.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Re: Finding a post I commented on in the past.

Post by maddiedog »

You can search all your replies here: search.php?author_id=3184&sr=posts

This post may help you! viewtopic.php?t=2630
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes