Rear brake totally slack??

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

A9ballkid
Year: 2021
Color: Pearl White

Rear brake totally slack??

Post by A9ballkid »

So…I recently replaced the rear tire and also installed a new belt and sliders. When removing the rear wheel I clamped the brake lever down and eventually resorted to a piece of plastic lumber through the wheel to brake the nut free. Everything seemed to go fine, reassembled to proper torque belt and sliders much improving uphill pull and not much of a penalty in gas mileage from a limited check. But for some reason it seems like even using max adjustment on the rear brake cable/nut I can’t seem to get any (or not much at max) rear brake at the lever. Very weird as it was fine before this and this is my second tire replacement at about 11k miles. I don’t think the rear shoes need replacement as I tend to be a front brake trail brakes and only use the rear brake for final slowing and low speed maneuvering and the occasional panic stop. My feeling was that before this rear wheel change I was only at about 1/3-1/2 of the adjustment range and was t expecting to need to replace the rear shoes till 20k. Any ideas of what might have happened would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: Rear brake totally slack??

Post by Conelite »

How worn were the shoes when you removed the rear wheel? Check to see if the cable is seated properly in the holder where it threads thru the mount on the swing arm.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator