Newby

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Newby

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Hi everyone,

Last weekend I decided to buy a new helmet & gloves but upon doing some research I came across this forum and 2 days later bought my very own PCX150 (red) and brought it home yesterday. So very happy though like many others the seat is a killer for me so I have just removed the hump but have not taped it up yet. Will deal with the seat proper later. I have ridden a Honda Lead 100c for the past 6 years so it's great to have more vroom but having no space for anything will require me to get a topbox and tank bag ASAP. Thanks to this forum I know what I will get.

I live in Perth, Western Australia and we have great riding conditions year round so even though it is mid-winter it is nothing like the Northern Hemisphere. I just got back last week from a month holiday in the US & Canada and the PCX150 has really blown away the post holiday blues! Thanks for all the fantastic info on here that allowed me to go ahead with a rather quick decision. Oh yeah- I got the helmet & gloves too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Newby

Post by maddiedog »

Hiya, and welcome to the forums! Glad we were helpful in your purchase decision. :)

I'm envious of your ability to ride year-round. I try to here, but there's usually a month or so that's just too miserable to go out other than every couple of weeks to keep the bike running.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Pedro-agogo wrote:Hi everyone,

Last weekend I decided to buy a new helmet & gloves but upon doing some research I came across this forum and 2 days later bought my very own PCX150
Sounds like the day I went to the dentist and bought a car I saw on the way home.

Hi and welcome! :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (169.02 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Looks like every other PCX but this one's MINE!!!! :D ;) :) :D
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (133.15 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
o_O o_O :o :o :o o_O o_O
Can't believe I just had to butcher my seat. The hump cut into my butt and pushed me upright stretching my whole crotch, thighs & jeans. Painful. But I need a new seat or an upholstery job now. I plugged the holes and stuffed some foam into the space before putting the tape over it all. My butt is :D
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (138.09 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Willow (aged 10) reckons it's awesome. Too bad it's illegal in my state for a dog to ride on a bike.
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

A fine looking bike (I may be a bit biased ;) ) and a cute pooch. Welcome aboard.

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Pedro-agogo wrote:
photo 3.JPG
Willow (aged 10) reckons it's awesome. Too bad it's illegal in my state for a dog to ride on a bike.
Looks like Maddie might have some competition for cute dog award. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

Hey Pedro! glad you joined our group. I am fairly new also. took me a while to figure out what it took you 2 minutes to post: pics, smiles, etc. you'll like us as we are a friendly informative group. well, I'm friendly but probably not as informative as the others. that is why I joined too. Happy fourth of July from the US! ps. Willow is a cutie. check out the gallery and MaddieDog's scooter rally pics to see other great doggies.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScooterKim wrote:Hey Pedro! glad you joined our group. I am fairly new also. took me a while to figure out what it took you 2 minutes to post: pics, smiles, etc. you'll like us as we are a friendly informative group. well, I'm friendly but probably not as informative as the others. that is why I joined too. Happy fourth of July from the US! ps. Willow is a cutie. check out the gallery and MaddieDog's scooter rally pics to see other great doggies.

Yes happy 4th of July hope you all enjoyed it :)
tedscoot

Post by tedscoot »

Welcome aboard. I am new as well. Just got my shiny Red 2013 pcx home last week. It was my birthday present to me.

I am new to bikes in general took the MSF course but did not pass the final test. Slow speed riding I need more work. I am on a learning permit now and will retake my test in a few months while I practice on my new scooter on my local roads and school parking lot across from my house.

I too removed the seat hump as being 6'4" I don't fit nicely with the hump.I did however order a new seat from poweredbypcx.com which should be here soon mean time I have the same taped seat setup you have.

So far it is a great bike. I have been practicing emergency stops from 20 mph and it stops super quick and I have not been able to even lock up the tires. I am really looking forward to passing my test on the PCX and continue to learn more skills riding to really enjoy the ride.

All my neighbors have been over to check out my scooter when I roll in and one lady said it was pretty...not exactly the compliment I was looking for but hey it works.

Have fun my friend.

Ted
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

What seat did you order tedscoot? I have tried to find an old post of yours but no luck in doing that via screen name. I would like to keep the same space available under the seat as my Shark ff helmet just fits.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

He said it was from powerbypcx, so it was probably one of these: http://www.powerbypcx.com/boutique-tag-selles.html

A lot of aftermarket seats won't allow a helmet to fit underneath. If you want to make sure you can keep the helmet underneath, it might be best to just get it reupholstered.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

tedscoot wrote:Just got my shiny Red 2013 pcx home last week. It was my birthday present to me.Ted
Happy Birthday! And congratulations on your pretty new bike! :lol:
tedscoot

Post by tedscoot »

My apologies I ordered this seat.

http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-h ... 65947.html

I like the red stitching and the seat profile looks good to me. I have a friend who does not live near but has the same seat and really likes it. He is about 6 foot tall as well.

Hope that helps

Ted
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

That's the seat I would go with tedscoot. Mainly because the others I liked are out of stock. It's a pretty good price all up (about $165 AUD with freight) considering my Honda shop quoted $435 for a replacement seat. Will have a think about it vs getting existing one upholstered.
tedscoot

Post by tedscoot »

As soon as I get it I will take some pics and confirm if my helmet fits under the seat. I am currently using a 3/4 helmet but might go for a full face soon as I like my chin and lower jaw quite a bit :lol:

For me it looks good and my other tall friend said it stops the random craps I get in my hip when I really get to leaning the bike (oh sorry scooter gotta watch that people at work tend to freak out when I call a scooter a "bike" hehe.

Ted
tedscoot

Post by tedscoot »

Here is the update as the seat arrived.
Traded out the old seat for the new in about 10 mins once I found the right socket :)

Seat fits me great can sit back further so no cramps for my tall frame. Comfy and has a great feel when riding.

Bad news....helmet under the seat no longer an option see pictures below. ( my helmet is a 3/4 face XL)

Before(notice holes where I took out the hump)

After sleek looking LOVE the red stitching. Now it is really pretty :)

Helmet sadness....

So that is my story I am happy with the comfort and fit but sad about the helmet.

Ted
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Looks like it is time to put a box on the back to hold your helmet. :)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

That new seat looks great Ted. Too bad about the helmet sadness but I would rather have a comfy seat. I have ordered mine too but got the plain looking seat with red stitching. How long did it take for your seat to arrive after placing the order?

Yes- time for a top box. I have ordered a top box and the givi tank bag. My helmet better fit in the top box or I will have double sadness with extra pickle!

Thanks for the photos. :) :D :)

Pete
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Ted and Pete or visa versa :D Good luck to you both on your new seats and lid housings. Some folk like a top box others a tailbag.....then there's the tunnel bag and not so popular side bags. Still your choice :D Have fun picking and ask questions if you have any :) Cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tedscoot

Post by tedscoot »

Thanks for the suggestions on bags/box etc.

My seat arrived in 12 days.

Ted