Other riders

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Other riders

Post by logepoge1 »

I was finally glad to see another rider for the first time. I was in truck and saw a pcx coming from the other way. I thought I was alone here in north louisiana
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Other riders

Post by logepoge1 »

I've seen several pcx scooters in hot springs, Arkansas
ImageImage
BattlebornScooterist

Post by BattlebornScooterist »

So far, only one spotted in the Reno area, it was red.
Curators do it Historically!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

We have at least nine here that I'm aware of, and my Honda Dealer sold another PCX150 today after His prospective Customer came and looked at mine..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Our dealer has sold a lot of them too, but I don't see them. Sadly some people buy them with good intentions & never ride them. As much as my wife & I have ridden ours in the past few weeks, we're advertising them quite well.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Lots of them on the road here, its unusual to go a whole day without seeing one.
The PCX is the biggest seller hereabouts.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Lots of them on the road here, its unusual to go a whole day without seeing one.
The PCX is the biggest seller hereabouts.

Same here.....dollar for dollar, and factoring in MPG, MPH, Dealer Support, etc., it's easy to see why...Ruckus Scooters used to be the "Big Numbers" here, but Folks finally tired of the un-useable road speeds...in stepped the PCX..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I've see one every so often around Bangkok as well. ;) :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

strkngfang wrote:Our dealer has sold a lot of them too, but I don't see them. Sadly some people buy them with good intentions & never ride them. As much as my wife & I have ridden ours in the past few weeks, we're advertising them quite well.
Sadly I'm one of those who bought one and seldom ride it. Mostly because temps here have been over 100 for the last month or so. I'll do more riding when the cooler weather gets here in the fall. Mine will be a good buy for someone when I eventually sell it. I also don't ride in the rain. When I took the motorcycle course for my license we were required to wear all the gear and it like spending the day in an oven.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Not any that I have seen in my area either. Although I know there is a member on here from a town 15 minutes away :D

Today I did see two Honda Elite's and two Honda Metropolitan's at an Ice Cream shop.

On a side note, I sold my wife's 2013 Honda Metro today as I am finalizing a deal for a New 2012 Suzuki Burgman 400. I should have on Friday :D :D

I still think the PCX is perfect for in town and some middle speeds but had a chance to get the Burgman for a good deal and the Suzuki 0% interest. I believe I will still be riding both (when my wife lets me).
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I haven't seen a single one where I ride. Most of the college students that have scooters have the cheaper Chinese ones
ImageImage
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

PKrellner wrote: Sadly I'm one of those who bought one and seldom ride it. Mostly because temps here have been over 100 for the last month or so. I'll do more riding when the cooler weather gets here in the fall. Mine will be a good buy for someone when I eventually sell it. I also don't ride in the rain. When I took the motorcycle course for my license we were required to wear all the gear and it like spending the day in an oven.
similarly, here, it has been over 100 for the last 16 days -- however, I've been using the bike as an excuse to get up early and ride. There have been a couple of days in the last week where I've put between 50-100 miles on the bike, just to enjoy the cooler part of the day. The moment it starts feeling "hot" when I'm sitting at an intersection, I turn the bike around and head home.

That said -- it's time for me to get my gear and heat out for this morning's ride. It's supposed to hit 100, today, but right now, it's only in the mid-70s
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

I have just over 4200 miles riding around Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. I've never seen another PCX. I saw one Reflex and one Helix.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I rode with three Other Folks here for a while yesterday morning before work with two PCX125s and one PCX150s...I'm thinking about maybe starting a Scooter Club in the Area.....we'll see..... ;)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I rode 500 miles up through North Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina this weekend. I saw 3 PCXes along the way. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

I guess people in Pa like cheap scooters as I have seen some Chinese junk and a few Buddies (which are not junk). I see some Burgman's but never another PCX. there was a black one at the dealer when I bought mine... wonder where that went to??? Was at the local grocery store today and someone came up to me wanting to know about my PCX. He had a Vespa and a BMW motorcycle. also, people ask about it all the time when they see me at the Y. The PCX is an eye-catcher. Sleek and nice lines. Someone yelled at me today from their truck. my lines aren't very sleek anymore (but they aren't that bad either) so the PCX must have brought out the best in both of us!!
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

ScooterKim wrote:I guess people in Pa like cheap scooters as I have seen some Chinese junk and a few Buddies (which are not junk). I see some Burgman's but never another PCX. there was a black one at the dealer when I bought mine... wonder where that went to???

I have the same issue here. There are quite a few bikes running around town but I have yet to see another PCX. The day prior to me buying mine someone purchased the red PCX from the dealership. I have yet to see it in town. We have tons of chinese bikes, lots of zumas and the occasional ruckus. The most popular that I see is the V.I.P 49cc chinese bike.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

maddiedog wrote:I rode 500 miles up through North Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina this weekend. I saw 3 PCXes along the way. :D
We're you on backroads or highways? I just wonder how many would take them on the highways. I figure running low 70s full throttle, while cars are zipping by at 80 mph or more, would be a little disconcerting. In Ohio, most highways state 250cc or larger, so the 150 would be illegal here.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red