New member from Thailand

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

apeacezalt

New member from Thailand

Post by apeacezalt »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376817963.605545.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376817963.605545.jpg (183.53 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
I'm from northeastern of Thailand (Maha Sarakham - the only province in Thailand that have no mountain)
Got this matte-black PCX150 few days ago. I named him Jake (Jake Sully from Avatar :) )

This photo taken on my lazy-sunday-ride today and I feel very happy with the seat compare to my previous honda wave S (125cc) - no back pain at all LOL

I drove 100 km at 80 km/h and its very windy today, I'm glade that I have no windshield installed, because I might ended up flew off the road and hurt my self by now
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: New member from Thailand

Post by khaosaming »

Welcome to the forums, Isan dweller! Take it easy and keep the rubber side on the road. Maha Sarakham, that's pretty close to Khon Kaen.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome! And glad to have another Thailand resident on the forums.

I am seeing more and more of the matte black PCX's with red pin stripes around.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

I would love to visit Khon Kaen every week and see more pcxes (only found 1 pcx in my town this week)

And accessories for Jake is on the way, and I'll share the result and how-to in this forum because I'll modify her by myself :-)
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

Here in the US our choice of color is Red or Black. The white would be a nice choice but I really like your matte black. Makes it look like a mean machine.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Can we get a side pic of the matte black? Looks gorgeous!
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

^ I think there's a thread concerning the new matte black colour scheme over there:

http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1190#p16709

Photo reproduced here (courtesy of Beowulf888):

I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Oh man, that is sweet. I love the US red that I have, but I'm a big fan of matte colors. Well done!
ASUndevil42

Post by ASUndevil42 »

Welcome and Sawasdee. It's really cool to see so many people from Thailand here. My mother is Thai so I go back to visit family near Nakhon Sawan every few years. I also have family that lives in Mae Sae in the North as well. Thailand is where I actually started riding scooters and is the reason I bought one here in Arizona where I live. I was already considering the PCX 150 before I found out it was made in Thailand - so extra bonus there.

I really love the matte black finish. Mine is the red model but I would love to have it painted. Did yours come like that from the factory or was it a custom paint job?

Anyway, best of luck to you! Maybe I'll see you scooting around Thailand next time I go back.

-Steve
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

Wow Steve, so many Thai in your story :)

I sure will go to the north of Thailand and have a long ride on my PCX someday, the scenarios is superb.

In Thailand we have 4 choice of colors, matte black is one of factory's default.
have a look http://www.aphonda.co.th/product/2013/pcx150/color.asp

And Steve, is there any photo of your PCX that you painted in the forum, I would love to see it

-Peace
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Sawasdee and welcome. I visit Thailand regularly and have a brother who lives there. Our first trip together 20 years ago had us scootering around the golden triangle from Chiang Rai along the Mekhong to Mae Hong Son (not sure about all that spelling there). I lurrrrv the matt black bike. o_O o_O o_O :D :D
Melonade

Post by Melonade »

hey. I'm in thailand too and just had my matte black delivered yesterday. pity it's raining here in bangkok or we'd be out riding.. >>_<\

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Melonade wrote:hey. I'm in thailand too and just had my matte black delivered yesterday. pity it's raining here in bangkok or we'd be out riding.. >>_<\
Welcome Melonade. Do you plan to add anything to your PCX. Prices are great here in BKK.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Wow; really nice color, nice accent pin-striping. With a name like 'Jake', though, you should be wearing a BRIGHT BLUE HELMET!! :lol:

Have fun!
Melonade

Post by Melonade »

kramnala58 wrote:
Melonade wrote:hey. I'm in thailand too and just had my matte black delivered yesterday. pity it's raining here in bangkok or we'd be out riding.. >>_<\
Welcome Melonade. Do you plan to add anything to your PCX. Prices are great here in BKK.
when I bought the bike I test rode a completely modded 125. I liked the low rise bars on it, so maybe that's where I'll start. I wanna change out the mirrors too, get something lower and more compact.

any suggestions for a good day ride from the huaikwang side of town?
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

I live in Udon Thani, nothing up here for modding unlike Bangkok. I too bought the Matt Black Edition, I love the red bits on it, will change the saddle and get rid of the hump. Have carbon fiber panels on the way, to replace the cheapo looking plastic parts. Another member of the PCX Club Udon Thani (Facebook group) and a Matt Black Edition owner is changing her inner panels to yellow.
My mate who owns Udon Thani's oldest Honda showroom, tells me the Matt Black is the biggest seller of the PCX.