Cheap seat mod (free) :)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lagerhead

Cheap seat mod (free) :)

Post by Lagerhead »

After I got used to it the seat hump almost didn't bother me, most of the time.
I just needed a little more room.
Like a half an inch or so.
WP_20130815_002.JPG
Now it doesn't almost bother me as much. :) Rode 400 miles this weekend and I don't remember thinking about the hump.

Actually I can't imagine no one else has done this yet but I haven't seen it on here so I thought I'd share.
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Cheap seat mod (free) :)

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I have grown tired of the hump also, it just hits my ass in the wrong area. Like you said an inch would help a lot. I wanted a different seat so I ordered one. Today was the first ride after installing it last night and it makes a world of difference. It also solved the dreaded seat latch issue many have mentioned with the factory seat not wanting to latch without a bit of figiting.

Good cheap fix to your problem though. Simple and effective.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Does the hump now appear to be raised higher with the New set-back? Aaa....I don't know if I just made any sense :roll: Could we please see an profile photo of your bike now? Cheers....Who woulda thunk? Clever fix indeed! Happy butt, Happy rider!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) Does the hump now appear to be raised higher with the New set-back? Aaa....I don't know if I just made any sense :roll: Could we please see an profile photo of your bike now? Cheers....Who woulda thunk? Clever fix indeed! Happy butt, Happy rider!
I know exactly what you're asking and I don't think it's noticeably higher than stock. The rising curve in the seat stops when it gets to the, ummm... round things that hurt your butt when you remove the hump. So the hump mounts at the same level as stock. If anything, the gap at the front of the hump is just a little (maybe 3mm) wider in the new location.

Here's the best picture I have of it at work...
SmallEPL18347.JPG
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

NICE implementation on a simple "freebie" idea..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Lager, what trunk is that?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Lagerhead wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:8) Does the hump now appear to be raised higher with the New set-back? Aaa....I don't know if I just made any sense :roll: Could we please see an profile photo of your bike now? Cheers....Who woulda thunk? Clever fix indeed! Happy butt, Happy rider!
I know exactly what you're asking and I don't think it's noticeably higher than stock. The rising curve in the seat stops when it gets to the, ummm... round things that hurt your butt when you remove the hump. So the hump mounts at the same level as stock. If anything, the gap at the front of the hump is just a little (maybe 3mm) wider in the new location.

Here's the best picture I have of it at work...
SmallEPL18347.JPG

Nice topiary
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

dustin91 wrote:Lager, what trunk is that?
Givi B33. (I Think)
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

you you wrote: Nice topiary
The shrubs at Taco Bell or Steve's Leprechaun handle?

;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Lagerhead wrote:
you you wrote: Nice topiary
The shrubs at Taco Bell or Steve's Leprechaun handle?

;)

Both :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Excellent! The set back looks as if it never moved, very cool. Thanks for sharing the pic, you and your scoot match nicely....chinny, chin chin and all :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The other option I saw someone else do is take the vinyl off the seat hump and remove some foam then restaple the vinyl, but your way is simpler!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by dustin91 »

Lagerhead wrote:
dustin91 wrote:Lager, what trunk is that?
Givi B33. (I Think)
Awesome! That's the one the dealer is installing for me this week. Looks perfectly sized!
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza

Post by stryder123 »

I have a weak back and after about an hour on my pcx150 it starts bothering me. I was wondering if anyone has ever removed the seat hump and used that location to mount a real backrest. I am not a craftsman so I would not be able to do it on my own but it seems like some aftermarket shop would take advantage of it. Has anyone seen one available?
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Why oh why won't Honda do something about the hump? So many people have issues with it. Just take it away completely.
Image[/URL
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

stryder123 wrote:I have a weak back and after about an hour on my pcx150 it starts bothering me. I was wondering if anyone has ever removed the seat hump and used that location to mount a real backrest. I am not a craftsman so I would not be able to do it on my own but it seems like some aftermarket shop would take advantage of it. Has anyone seen one available?

I agree. I'm surprised no-one has marketed something to fill, or make the most out of the space left by the hump
flavioguy

Post by flavioguy »

Lagerhead - excellent! I did the modification also and found that it gave me just that "scrunch" more space that I needed. Brilliant. Thanks.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

My only guess as to why there is no aftermarket back rest available for that mount point is the strength of the plastic there. It would be very easy to loan against it one time too many and crack the mounting point. Someone should price a new seat where the '14 model is available as a swap option as it went humpless.
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

I have never really had a problem with the hump but just decided to have a go. Can't believe the difference such a small change makes. Much more comfortable.