CVT mods for PCX 150?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CVT mods for PCX 150?

Post by Pcxdemon »

Just exercise some throttle control and limit yourself to 80-85mph instead of 90 and it should be sweet!
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Isn't that sort of a waste? The appeal of the sliders is that you can reach a higher top speed while also delaying the upshifting of the CVT. If you can't use it for higher speed, lighter rollers would have the same effect of higher rpms.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Valiant wrote:That works for you? How long have you used the Yumi vario with the sliders?

As I recall, one member insists his belt was shredded because of that combo. Something to do with the belt rubbing against the back of the case. If the Yuminashi variator(or any other) already pushes the belt as far out as it will go, then I would think it's a very real issue if the sliders pushes the belt out even further, causing the belt to rub the case.
Yes it works for me just fine. I just took the cover off and examined the belt... absolutely no wear on the belt and no gouges/scrapes where it might touch the cover, I could still see all the painted on numbers on the belt etc.

Also with the rollers I could do 80(speedo) on the stand, with the sliders it will do 81 on the stand.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

dasshreddar wrote: Yes it works for me just fine. I just took the cover off and examined the belt... absolutely no wear on the belt and no gouges/scrapes where it might touch the cover, I could still see all the painted on numbers on the belt etc.

Also with the rollers I could do 80(speedo) on the stand, with the sliders it will do 81 on the stand.
Bugger o.O

Is the variator the only gearing mod you have? I'm getting the same speeds on the stand, but I also had the shorter gears installed, which should have made my top speed higher. Now I'm kind of wondering if my scooter shop put the rev limiter lower than the stock 9600 when they were programming the EFI.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

Valiant wrote:
dasshreddar wrote: Yes it works for me just fine. I just took the cover off and examined the belt... absolutely no wear on the belt and no gouges/scrapes where it might touch the cover, I could still see all the painted on numbers on the belt etc.

Bugger o.O

Is the variator the only gearing mod you have? I'm getting the same speeds on the stand, but I also had the shorter gears installed, which should have made my top speed higher. Now I'm kind of wondering if my scooter shop put the rev limiter lower than the stock 9600 when they were programming the EFI.
yes just the variator, Gates belt and sliders... also don't forget the big tires, so 81 on the stand means in "theory" downhill with a tail wind I could do 85mph gps. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dasshreddar wrote:
Valiant wrote:

Bugger o.O

yes just the variator, Gates belt and sliders... also don't forget the big tires, so 81 on the stand means in "theory" downhill with a tail wind I could do 85mph gps. 8)

:D you are funny :D
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

dasshreddar wrote: yes just the variator, Gates belt and sliders... also don't forget the big tires, so 81 on the stand means in "theory" downhill with a tail wind I could do 85mph gps. 8)
Ah, but it would be much lower in real road conditions right? IIRC, homie actually lost some speed because it takes more power to spin the larger tires.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

I don't know what to say about home's testing... unless his rev limiter kicked in earlier or something.
Back when I was testing my sliders I remember I could get to a certain speed on the stand... then I went out in the
real world and did some speed testing and most of the time I could reach that same "stand speed",... but
one time it read about 2mph slower,... was it wind resistance? blah blah etc...? Maybe this is what happened to homie?

BUT, how can you lose speed with taller tires? Lose power... yes maybe.