New PCX 150 owner, Hawaii

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jkhawaii
Regular User
Regular User

New PCX 150 owner, Hawaii

Post by jkhawaii »

After riding a 2012 Piaggio Fly 50 for 1/2 a year or so I decided to upgrade. At first my choice was going to be the new 2014 Fly 150 but, the local dealer for Piaggio isnt the best to deal with (long story) and, seem to buy left over stock from another dealer because they seem to be one year behind on in stock models.
There are a few gripes with the PCX but over all it is many times over superior to my old FLY 50, not just because of power! It is almost like comparing a Lexus to a golf cart. They only gripes I have about the PCX are, the compartment in the front is to small I was used to putting my wallet, keys, iPhone (big phone of another brand? forget it) in the compartment of the fly. The other is, it has really high wind pressure to the body! I had a Buell XB12s with no windscreen and it never felt like the PCX does on the Freeway LOL (exept maybe at 90MPH). Its almost like it's reminding me that, while it can go on the freeway it is not happy there.
the other is, it is so nice that I don't want to scratch it. I have the Red one.
alvinsgp

Re: New PCX 150 owner, Hawaii

Post by alvinsgp »

Congrats on the new bike..:)
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Congrats on the PCX purchase. And in Hawaii no less. Sweet. Happy riding!

In regards to your two gripes, both are easily remedied. For the wind, simply invest in a after market wind shield. And for the small front compartment issue, just get a pouch you can attach to the handlebars. Problems solved. Easy peasy. :-D
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Hi jk, looking forward to some great pics of your pcx in some nice settings. Yes- I noticed the wind on my chest too (I live on the coast in Western Australia so always a sea breeze) so I put a windshield on and it sorts that out. I just pretend the small compartment doesn't exist as it may as well not so problem solved. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

My "glove box" is full of bank depsosit slips from going through the drive thru.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi JK, welcome to the PCX forum(s)! The glovebox, yeah it's smaller than I'd like too, but take a look under that seat! Saweet! That's the trade off I guess :roll: The only thing in my mouse box now is a small can of pepper spray :o (let's see if my gloves can handle That when and if the time comes :lol: ) Others, here have installed 12v accessory sockets in there (that is so cool!) You can find great step-by-step installation instructions in the "How-To" forum to do it. On the windscreens, there are quite a few to choose from and they do work for solving the wind problem. You'll find many threads here discussing and showing off all of them.
I know one thing for sure.....you're gonna love this scoot!! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WELCOME to the PCX Forum....post up some Pics of Your PCX..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

Can't wait to see red PCX with Beautiful Hawaii landscape photo...
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Well, it's been a few days... we're still waiting for some "PCX in paradise" photos!

Compliments to your good taste! 8)

Best wishes,
Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

JK, I was born at Tripler in Honolulu in '68. First time I *saw* it was in 2002. What island are you on?

Mahalo!