Wow new dash from Kitaco

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Wow new dash from Kitaco

Post by Pcxdemon »

http://japan.webike.net/products/21367138.html

Speed / Tachometer( Digital / Analog cross switching )
Meter panel : From the back color three colors (Red, Blue, White) can be selected
Odo - Trip - Fuel meter (Bar graph type) - Clock - Voltmeter - Thermometer function
km / MI display switchable
Use power-saving LED's indicator
Drive belt - Oil Exchange time display (on set)* Outside temperature display thermometer. Water temperature display is possible in conjunction with a water temperature gauge attachment options.
novemberdelta

Re: Wow new dash from Kitaco

Post by novemberdelta »

Looks awful. Grey, plasticky and not in keeping at all with the high quality finish of the bike. And costs a fortune. No thanks.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

novemberdelta wrote:Looks awful. Grey, plasticky and not in keeping at all with the high quality finish of the bike. And costs a fortune. No thanks.
Good grief,relax..no one is trying to sell it to you. :?
:lol:
Scompton1

Post by Scompton1 »

I like the added features and info it provides. Wont need extra devices attached to/around handle bars for tach and other after market stuff. I would consider it. Thanks for the Heads up.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

novemberdelta wrote:Looks awful. Grey, plasticky and not in keeping at all with the high quality finish of the bike. And costs a fortune. No thanks.

Does it still go behind the clear plastic screen?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Interesting. I do like the added features. I wish they had better pictures, it's hard to tell the quality from the tiny ones.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
novemberdelta

Post by novemberdelta »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Good grief,relax..no one is trying to sell it to you. :?
:lol:
I'm relaxed mate, just putting my opinion in the discussion. :D
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

I like it, Kitaco have made something Honda will most probably make for future PCX models.
The present dash is lacking.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

prenders88 wrote:The present dash is lacking....
....a clock.
And that's all.
I used a cycle computer on the handlebars which cost a much more realistic £5
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
prenders88 wrote:The present dash is lacking....
....a clock.
And that's all.
I used a cycle computer on the handlebars which cost a much more realistic £5
Depends mate, if everyone is boring and tasteless like you than clock it is...
But for modders and tuners that dash is beez knees...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Taste is a personal thing.
Modders are fools easily parted from their cash, taste they have none.
Just my opinion. ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Scompton1

Post by Scompton1 »

gn2: You may be mistaking this site for FB. This forum is about finding ideas and innovations to help enhance a riders experience. It is also there to help other riders/owners with technical information. As you said, taste is a personal thing. Calling other riders fools, even if you add "in my opinion," is not what this site is here for. Some opinions are better left un-posted especially counter-productive ones that offer nothing to the forum!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Can we have a LIKE button here just like on Facebook? It would be really cool.....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Scompton1 wrote:This forum is about finding ideas and innovations to help enhance a riders experience.

Which is why I suggested using a cheap cycle computer instead of this over-priced tat.

Don't like my posts?
Report them.
ericpcx
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ericpcx »

the only thing the present dash lacks is a clock
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ericpcx wrote:the only thing the present dash lacks is a clock

I'd agree with that
Scompton1

Post by Scompton1 »

I ordered and installed the Kitako dash. It uses the same clear cover as the original dash and fits perfectly with no modifications needed. Having the tach built in to the dash as well as the added clock and ability to monitor the battery voltage is a plus. The different color options for the LEDs are a nice touch. Being able to switch it from KM's to miles will come in handy when I leave Japan and take it to the US. The data is very easy to see even on a bright sunny day. Having the belt and oil reminders also may come in handy. You can use the temp sensor that comes with it for readining outside temperatures or you can buy the hose clamp to use it for the coolant water temperature. So far I am pleased with the quality and accuracy of the dash.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Scompton1 wrote:I ordered and installed the Kitako dash. It uses the same clear cover as the original dash and fits perfectly with no modifications needed. Having the tach built in to the dash as well as the added clock and ability to monitor the battery voltage is a plus. The different color options for the LEDs are a nice touch. Being able to switch it from KM's to miles will come in handy when I leave Japan and take it to the US. The data is very easy to see even on a bright sunny day. Having the belt and oil reminders also may come in handy. You can use the temp sensor that comes with it for readining outside temperatures or you can buy the hose clamp to use it for the coolant water temperature. So far I am pleased with the quality and accuracy of the dash.

Any pictures and tips for fitting?
Scompton1

Post by Scompton1 »

I had it installed by the shop I bought the scooter from. They said that all panels had to be removed. From looking at the pics in the directions, the factory plug works for the main harness and there is a separate wire for the tach and the battery levels. The thermometer is an optional attachment and seems easy to connect and you would get outside temp unless you by the hose sensor kit to splice it into the cooling system. The hardest part with the PCX's is removing all the panels. That seems to take the most work, otherwise, it seems really simple. The kit comes with everything needed. The best part is it looks like the factory dash just with much nicer features.

I found it on Bike Bros website in Japan for 250 USD. It is pricy, but I like what it adds info wise.
Attachments
IMG_0596.JPG
IMG_0596.JPG (204.09 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
IMG_0598.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG (235.19 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG (251.54 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
Stef-fm
Year: 2013
Color: Grey

Post by Stef-fm »

that is so cool!!! I want it!!
Ex Honda CBR 400, Yamaha F6 Fazer, Yamaha YZF R1, KTM XCW 250, BMW R1200R Adventure, Aprilia Capanord, BMW R1150R. Current BMW R1200GS Adventure and Honda PCX 150