flasher location

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

flasher location

Post by mikelx5 »

where is the flasher for the turn signals im looking at swapping to leds and i need to find what flasher i need
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: flasher location

Post by maddiedog »

The proper term is relay. ;) It's up front, underneath the windshield cover.

A pic is worth a thousand words:
relay.png
relay.png (388.03 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

maybe off topic a bit, but anyone know why small scoots(pcx 150 included) don't have a 4 way/ emergency/hazard, flasher/turn signal ?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

dasshreddar wrote:maybe off topic a bit, but anyone know why small scoots(pcx 150 included) don't have a 4 way/ emergency/hazard, flasher/turn signal ?
Don't know about the States, but here in the UK, the last 3 motorcycles I have bought have not had this.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

no clue on the hazard question but thanks so much for that and is it just a basic 2 prong
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dasshreddar wrote:maybe off topic a bit, but anyone know why small scoots(pcx 150 included) don't have a 4 way/ emergency/hazard, flasher/turn signal ?
Why would they need them?
bruno_09

Post by bruno_09 »

I would like to have had it for lane splitting on the highway... Okay, the high beam works as well, but flashing orange lights might just catch your attention if you see them blinking in the corner of your eye, more than another white light in the traffic jam does.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

you you wrote:
To warn others of a hazard? To filter through traffic? To be on the safe side if you are stranded on the side of a dual carriageway?

There are places on the planet where you get charged for manslaughter if anybody who crashes into your stranded vehicle was not warned of a hazard (e.g. the fate of a driver of a Porsche 911 who didn't warn five British bikers that crashed into his car on the Nurburgring).
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

djcat wrote:
you you wrote:
To warn others of a hazard? To filter through traffic? To be on the safe side if you are stranded on the side of a dual carriageway?

There are places on the planet where you get charged for manslaughter if anybody who crashes into your stranded vehicle was not warned of a hazard (e.g. the fate of a driver of a Porsche 911 who didn't warn five British bikers that crashed into his car on the Nurburgring).

I don't thinks its legal to use your flashers whilst moving in many countries

The Nurburgring story does sound dramatic indeed, but perhaps a scooter in the same circumstances could be pushed off the road. Or the racing line at least
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi Maddiedog. Yes, your picture is worth a thousand words. Bought a beeper flasher relay (guy at the shop said it should fit the PCX) when I was on holiday in Penang last month but had wondered where the relay was located on the bike. Hope to replace the relay this weekend.
ruidalves

Post by ruidalves »

I own a 2014 PCX. Does anyone know where the turn signal relay is located?

I tried to install an alarm and now the left turn signal is always blinking. I removed the alarm but the problem remains.

I imagine the relay needs to be replaced but I can't find it. Also, anyone know what is that "box" in the front (it has "k35a" printed)?

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_1216_resize.JPG
IMG_1216_resize.JPG (285.03 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

As You You stated, in the UK (and other countries) it's not legal to use your hazrd lights whilst moving for normal driving uses (just to warn others if you are broken down in a dangerous position to you and other traffic). btw - the 2014/5 pcx does have a hazard switch and flashes all the led indicators simultaneously (maybe to meet a new EU directive)
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

ruidalves wrote:I own a 2014 PCX. Does anyone know where the turn signal relay is located?

I tried to install an alarm and now the left turn signal is always blinking. I removed the alarm but the problem remains.

I imagine the relay needs to be replaced but I can't find it. Also, anyone know what is that "box" in the front (it has "k35a" printed)?

Thank you
That "box" is the led control unit, the relay might be in that "box"? I don't have a led control unit, and I'm using a led relay 3 pin style for my 15 headlight.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

dasshreddar wrote:
ruidalves wrote:I own a 2014 PCX. Does anyone know where the turn signal relay is located?

Thank you
That "box" is the led control unit, the relay might be in that "box"? I don't have a led control unit, and I'm using a led relay 3 pin style for my 15 headlight.
Pretty sure now (thanks whitenoise for the pics and info) you will need a new led control unit for your flasher problem...
cheapcycleparts.com has it listed, but no price/availability :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com (in Clarksville, Indiana)
Good pic das, I recommend them as well ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ruidalves

Post by ruidalves »

So the 2014 pcx doesn't have a stand-alone relay for the turn signal lights like the previous versions?

Thank you all for your help.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Maybe it's more complicated due to the 'hazard' warning feature introduced with the new PCX.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

ruidalves wrote:So the 2014 pcx doesn't have a stand-alone relay for the turn signal lights like the previous versions?

Thank you all for your help.
Yes, No stand alone relay for the new model.
But maybe you can bypass it with older style relay, like I said my signals work fine with a led relay(they just stayed on with the stock 13 relay).
ruidalves

Post by ruidalves »

Any idea on the new, integrated, led relay price range?