CVT Help

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Nappier

CVT Help

Post by Nappier »

My wife and I each bought 2013 PCX150's recently. Both were slightly used, mine had 900 miles and hers about 500.

Here is my problem. Hers rides great. Mine is not so great. I really do not like how the transmission acts on "down shift". I know it does not really down shift but it rocks me forward on the scooter when I let off on the gas. I almost acts like you are engine breaking. Hers does not do that. It is smooth all of the time. It also seams to have more pick up from a stop.

It is still under warranty but the guys at Honda say there is nothing wrong with it.

Does any of the CVT mods help this issue?

Thanks
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Re: CVT Help

Post by PKrellner »

I'm new to the PCX as well. I've noticed that the PCX slows very quickly when you let off the throttle. So far though, I haven't felt like I was being pitched forward. Now that I'm getting used to the slow down, I'm not releasing the throttle fully until I reach the spot I want to stop. I know I could save gas by coasting to a stop but then, if anyone's behind me, they don't see brake lights until I'm almost stopped. Safer to me to do that than try to save a little more gas. My last tank was 110 mpg.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PKrellner wrote:I'm new to the PCX as well. I've noticed that the PCX slows very quickly when you let off the throttle. So far though, I haven't felt like I was being pitched forward. Now that I'm getting used to the slow down, I'm not releasing the throttle fully until I reach the spot I want to stop. I know I could save gas by coasting to a stop but then, if anyone's behind me, they don't see brake lights until I'm almost stopped. Safer to me to do that than try to save a little more gas. My last tank was 110 mpg.

Isn't that kind of what you want?
Nappier

Post by Nappier »

I guess everyone is different. But, I don't like the feeling of being pushed forward when I let off of the gas. I also slows down and if you are not careful it makes you fell like you are going to drop it at slow speeds. Like I said, everyone is different. But, I don't see an advantage to it operating that way.

My wife's PCX does not do that. Since bought them both used, maybe someone did a mod on her's. But it only had 500 miles on it so I am guessing it is stock.