Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

Post by toria »

I am very tempted by the new Forza but would love to get some feedback from any current owners - ride comfort, economy, speed, manoeuverability etc... Answers on a postcard to .............. THANKS GUYS! :D
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

Post by Darth Emma »

I don't live in the UK, but I have had my Forza for a little over a month and I'm very happy with it.

Let me tell you about how I ended up getting mine... I started riding this summer on 50cc Honda Ruckus (which I still have and like it a lot). After I took the Motorcycle Safety Course and got my license in August, I found myself wanting to get a little bit bigger bike that could ride at highway speeds but still be a good bike for a fairly new rider.

I made a mistake and bought a bike (CTX700N) that I found was a little too big for me and I couldn't get the hang of it. I felt like it was just too big to maneuver safely for me (although I did love the power). I felt very nervous and didn't look forward to riding it. So, I went back to the dealer and traded it in for the Forza. Best decision I could have made.

The Forza has enough power to easily cruise on the highway. It is also easily maneuverable at low speeds. The seat is comfortable for me and both of my feet easily touch the ground when I stop (I'm 5'7"). The fuel economy is very good at 70+ mpg.

The most important thing is that I feel safe when riding it. It always feels balanced, even at low speeds. So, I look forward to riding my Forza as often as I can.

BTW, I considered a PCX150, but I already had a Ruckus, so I wanted to move up a bit more in power. The Forza was the right bike for my needs.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:I don't live in the UK, but I have had my Forza for a little over a month and I'm very happy with it.

Let me tell you about how I ended up getting mine... I started riding this summer on 50cc Honda Ruckus (which I still have and like it a lot). After I took the Motorcycle Safety Course and got my license in August, I found myself wanting to get a little bit bigger bike that could ride at highway speeds but still be a good bike for a fairly new rider.

I made a mistake and bought a bike (CTX700N) that I found was a little too big for me and I couldn't get the hang of it. I felt like it was just too big to maneuver safely for me (although I did love the power). I felt very nervous and didn't look forward to riding it. So, I went back to the dealer and traded it in for the Forza. Best decision I could have made.

The Forza has enough power to easily cruise on the highway. It is also easily maneuverable at low speeds. The seat is comfortable for me and both of my feet easily touch the ground when I stop (I'm 5'7"). The fuel economy is very good at 70+ mpg.

The most important thing is that I feel safe when riding it. It always feels balanced, even at low speeds. So, I look forward to riding my Forza as often as I can.

BTW, I considered a PCX150, but I already had a Ruckus, so I wanted to move up a bit more in power. The Forza was the right bike for my needs.

Thanks so much for your reply, I greatly appreciate it and I'm glad you are really enjoying your Forza. The fuel economy sounds very impressive! My other thought was the PCX125 (we don't have the 150 in the UK) BUT I felt that wouldn't be powerful enough as I have had a Burgman 650 in the past which I LOVED but like you, I found it too heavy and cumbersome but great when riding along at 90 odd miles an hour (did I really just say that?!!). I am 5ft 6.5 in tall so half an inch off you so sounds like the Forza will work for me. I need to take one for a test ride before handing over hard-earned cash but am sorely tempted - even more so now!! What colour is yours? We only have white, black or grey in the UK - rather boring!! I LOVE the red and the 'petrol' blue PCX we have here - just not enough oomph for me!!

Enjoy and ride safe :D
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

toria,

Be sure to report back your riding impressions of the Forza especially from the perspective of a former Burgman 650 rider.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

We can only get the Forza in red here in the US. I would much rather have a gray (silver) one. The red is ok though. It's very bright and makes me more visible to other drivers.

Also, if/when you get the Forza, please consider buying the taller windscreen. It's well worth having.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

blackcat54 wrote:toria,

Be sure to report back your riding impressions of the Forza especially from the perspective of a former Burgman 650 rider.

will do!
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:We can only get the Forza in red here in the US. I would much rather have a gray (silver) one. The red is ok though. It's very bright and makes me more visible to other drivers.

Also, if/when you get the Forza, please consider buying the taller windscreen. It's well worth having.
the red one sounds lovely! I will certainly consider getting a taller screen but will see how I get on with the factory fitted one first. many thanks for your feedback
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Had mine since 12 September, 2,000 miles on the clock now.
I find it very comfortable, handling is excellent, very stable, easy to ride at low speed, good at getting through gaps, economy is good at circa 79mpg average and it will do 70mph uphill into a headwind without any problem.
And a bottle of wine will fit in the left fairing pocket.
I can thoroughly recommend it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Yep uk owner in white. As per gn2 truly a great all round scoot absolutely the right decision for me to chop in the Pcx
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Had mine since 12 September, 2,000 miles on the clock now.
I find it very comfortable, handling is excellent, very stable, easy to ride at low speed, good at getting through gaps, economy is good at circa 79mpg average and it will do 70mph uphill into a headwind without any problem.

Hi GN2

Thanks for that. I'm hopefully going to test-ride one on Wednesday so fingers crossed that I do like it as it certainly does tick all the boxes for me. Thanks for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated. Ride safe :D
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

trigg123 wrote:Yep uk owner in white. As per gn2 truly a great all round scoot absolutely the right decision for me to chop in the Pcx

Hi Trigg123, thanks for that. I have to say I prefer the look of the black one - the white one looks too like the PCX, NOT that there is anything wrong with that per se! I'm going to test ride one on Wednesday so fingers crossed .............. Ride safe :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

White is better for visibility.
10mph faster too :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:White is better for visibility.
10mph faster too :D

True but I suspect if people are not going to see me, they're simply not going to see me regardless of whether I'm on a black, white, pink, yellow bike with flashing lights everywhere - but I do know what you mean! I ALWAYS wear a high-viz jacket and I'm sure people would still say they didn't see me - deeeeeeeeeerrrr! I'm not exactly small so ............. what else can we do!! Thanks for your feedback - greatly appreciated as ever :-)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Black is harder to keep clean and shows up any little scratches.
Pity there aren't any proper colours available.
I reckon you'll enjoy the test ride, it's a lovely machine, wee bit of vibes at a standstill but really smooth once under way.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Black is harder to keep clean and shows up any little scratches.
Pity there aren't any proper colours available.
I reckon you'll enjoy the test ride, it's a lovely machine, wee bit of vibes at a standstill but really smooth once under way.

Thanks for the update. You're right about black being difficult to keep clean and showing scratches - something I should perhaps bear in mind! Thanks also for the heads up about the 'vibes at a standstill' bit - will let you know how I get on (ha ha) on Wednesday!

Best wishes,

Toria
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

What was it then?
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

you you wrote:
What was it then?

Thanks for that! I am test riding one tomorrow and IF I like it AND my auction item sells to free up the cash to buy, then I will buy one - tempted by the black one but as GN2 (I think) said, black vehicles are difficult to keep clean and show scratches and the white, in my mind, looks too like the PCX - NOT that there's anything wrong with that. If my auction item doesn't sell, I think I will have to go for the PCX anyway as I won't have the cash for the Forza so keep your fingers crossed for me that it does work out!!!

Best

Toria
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If you don't have cash for a new Forza there's a very good finance deal available...
Failing that I would counsel against a PCX125, there are better options available, e.g. a used Kymco Downtown 300 or Sym Joymax 300

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 7207916968

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 0219383322
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:If you don't have cash for a new Forza there's a very good finance deal available...
Failing that I would counsel against a PCX125, there are better options available, e.g. a used Kymco Downtown 300 or Sym Joymax 300

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 7207916968

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 0219383322

Thanks for that gn2. I would rather go for a brand I know and trust - don't know much about Kymco or Sym - indeed, I'm not sure there are any dealers local to me but I've just had a look at both. They look quite similar to the Forza but I don't like all the plastic over the handlebars - one thing that drew me to the Forza, it looks more like a 'proper' bike (I didn't really just say that did I?!). Besides which, these two bikes are approx. £1k less than the Forza so if I could afford that, then I could push to the extra £1k! That probably doesn't make much sense to you but I know what I mean!!!

Thanks again bud.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It all makes perfect sense to me.
If you can squeeze the finances for a Forza its easily the best of the sub 300cc bunch.