Cover for winter storage

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

siplumb
Regular User
Regular User

Cover for winter storage

Post by siplumb »

Had my scooter for about 2 years now. For the first year, as it was stored outside both at home and at work, I put a cover on it. After about a year I couldn't be bothered anymore and as the fairly cheap cover was falling apart I binned it. Just been bought a new one by family for my birthday and in case anyone else wanted a recommendation for a cover this one an Oxford Stormex medium seems fab..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/taf/ref= ... t=AmazonUK
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386003890.245311.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386003890.245311.jpg (131.14 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
Seems very heavy duty for outside storage during the winter and covers the whole scooter nicely. There's enough give I would say for a box and a large windscreen. My 125 is standard with no mods.

I'm sure (and I know from previous threads some folks here agree) that it probably would've been fine to leave without a cover but I think it's given me a bit of extra piece of mind for the winter..
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Re: Cover for winter storage

Post by redwind »

That's nice to know - that there is enough space for a tall windshield. I got an Oxford medium myself, and was wondering if it would be large enough after i fit my yet-to-be-delivered Givi 323DT windshield.
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
Carl_09

Post by Carl_09 »

Hey Siplumb, thanks for sharing your idea. If you don't mind I'd like to add my tips here. With increasing property rates and decreasing house space, self storage facilities are growing Hume. Same with me. I always rent out bike storage in Hume whenever I need it. It provides me with safest bike storage than parking it on street or garage.
siplumb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by siplumb »

Mmm, might try that... Hold on, think the travel time to pick up my bike when I want to ride it could be a bit long....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388659310.373805.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388659310.373805.jpg (264.35 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Rudy_09

Post by Rudy_09 »

Yeah, I also agree with growing use of self storage for long-term vehicle storage. When I was in Brisbane, I rented out car storage in Brisbane for safeguard of my car. It proved to be one of the wisest decisions in my life.
Hazel_06

Post by Hazel_06 »

I rented out storage space for my bike, last month when I had to fly away for a few months. Thankfully, my self storage facility provided me with discount offer on long term storage. They also performed pre-storage tasks for me.
self storage web site design
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums Hazel_06. Glad it worked out for you with the storage.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(