Post your Mods & Rev Limited Top Speed Here!!!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Post your Mods & Rev Limited Top Speed Here!!!

Post by dem0nk1d »

mikelx5 wrote:i have an intake and exhaust but yeah mostly
Taylor made intake, meaning you bought it aftermarket or diy intake? Once the weather clears up I have some write ups to do. 8)
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

mikelx5 wrote:some changes to note now have yuminashi vario and belt
cruise is now 70 top is about 74-75 no limiter and downhill i havent topped but have reached 85 on speedo no limiter
did you get the vario from pcxracing? how long did it take for shipping?
I'm still waiting on mine, probably another week according to pcxracing(waiting on Yumi to make more I guess)...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dem0nk1d wrote:
Taylor made intake, meaning you bought it aftermarket or diy intake? Once the weather clears up I have some write ups to do. 8)

Do you mean tailor made?
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

you you wrote:
dem0nk1d wrote:

Do you mean tailor made?
yes, sorry was thinking of golf clubs. :lol:
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

nay its a wirus win intake with a different filter the original filter fell off. this only hits 85 on huge down hill
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I have 1200+ miles on my PCX 150. Finally got the nerve to open the throttle all the way yesterday on a clear straightaway. Only went up to 60 mph! Tried it a couple other times and got up to about 63. Almost 65 going downhill, but that was it. Is this normal for a new bike?
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

Yes that's completely normal. There is an ever so slight power increase once the engine is completely broken in (around 2,000 miles), but realistic top speed with the stock windshield is low to mid 60s. Taller windshields streamline the air so your upper body doesn't act like a sail, resulting in top speeds of upper 60s with improved mpg but comes with buffeting. To me if you're just using your scoot to zip around town 30-50mph, leave it alone. If you're commuting at speeds up to 65+, it's absolutely worth it.
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I'm just jealous of all the folks who get 65 mph new. I use my scoot for around town, but also ride some stretches with speed limit of 55. Part of the reason I waited for the 150 was to have more power in reserve. I would like to be confident that I stand a chance in traffic if I have to do a short ride on the interstate. My first thought was that maybe they sold me a leftover 125 with a 150 decal on it.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

6ftMach1Girl wrote:I'm just jealous of all the folks who get 65 mph new. I use my scoot for around town, but also ride some stretches with speed limit of 55. Part of the reason I waited for the 150 was to have more power in reserve. I would like to be confident that I stand a chance in traffic if I have to do a short ride on the interstate. My first thought was that maybe they sold me a leftover 125 with a 150 decal on it.

you need to tuck :lol: , get some Dr.Pulley sliders or a variator for a little more power/speed ;)
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I did tuck :? And why should I have to buy and install a varistor in order to get close to the advertised top speed? :(
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

The 72mph top speed is to he Asian market 150 with 18g rollers instea of the American market version with 15g rollers for all of us fatties lol. Just like 102mpg is using idle stop which is not I talked on US market bikes.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Our 150 has 7,000 miles now and it tops out at 67 mph true (GPS varified). We didn't see that until after 2,000 miles, so you are still in break in mode. We have the Givi tall windscreen, a Givi tailbox, and a custom seat. We expected to lose some top end once we put the tall windscreen on but we just did a 35 mile run on the freeway and stayed wide open the whole run. It still hits 67. We had a lot of wind buffeting that day but the scooter stuck to the ground thanks to the new City Grip tires. I would advise everyone who needs new tires to keep those tires in mind. They are great, and they stick to the road like glue.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I found that I gained 2-3 mph when I took the box off for a test run. Even though I am a good size (6'1" - 220 pounds), there is still a significant amount of air that the box can catch. That doesn't mean to say that you should not put a box on it, but just be aware that at least some top end speed will be lost.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Pcx 150 with 3,000 miles, givi 322, 170lb rider, NCY drive face and variator with 13g rollers, 75 mph on flat in upright position, 77 mph down hill.
My new setup: NCY Variator and NCY drive face, 13g rollers, stock bored out exhaust, removed intake snorkel behind the filter, 64-66 on flats but doesn't have the umph... like it did with the stock variator. Will try to reuse the old 12 gram rollers. Down hill was able to hit 75 on the cluster. center stand test was 76 before hit limiter.
Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Post your Mods & Rev Limited Top Speed Here!

Post by Joemag22 »

Just came back from another ride, 3-5 mph breeze riding a nice flat.... 67 MPH, could have squeezed 1 or 2 MPH but didn't want to ride "wot" too long with only 300 miles so far

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Mgalutia88 wrote:The 72mph top speed is to he Asian market 150 with 18g rollers instea of the American market version with 15g rollers for all of us fatties lol. Just like 102mpg is using idle stop which is not I talked on US market bikes.

The rollers that came with my NCY Variator and face was 13g's. I then threw the old stock oem rollers on the digital scale and they came out to be 18g's. This is from a pcx 150. So i think you may have that statement backwards.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

i believe the 125s had the 15gs and the 150 had 18gs
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

dem0nk1d wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:Pcx 150 with 3,000 miles, givi 322, 170lb rider, NCY drive face and variator with 13g rollers, 75 mph on flat in upright position, 77 mph down hill.
My new setup: NCY Variator and NCY drive face, 13g rollers, stock bored out exhaust, removed intake snorkel behind the filter, 64-66 on flats but doesn't have the umph... like it did with the stock variator. Will try to reuse the old 12 gram rollers. Down hill was able to hit 75 on the cluster. center stand test was 76 before hit limiter.
update went through a number of different combos this afternoon.

ncy variator 13g with stock drive face
ncy variator 18g stock drive face
ncy variator 18g and ncy drive face etc.... etc...

Best thing i did was yanked off the stock air box and put a cone filter directly on the throttle body. I was then able to hit 67 flats semi tuck, and 74 down hill full ninja tuck with the seat hump removed...

So the final setup is Ncy var & Ncy drive face with 13g rollers, bored out stock exhaust, cone air filter hooked directly to throttle body, might look into the rear torque driver now... and some other mods.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

ScooterMan wrote: Remember to only list mods that may affect speed (gearing/variator changes, exhausts, windscreens, rider weight, cargo boxes, etc). Remember to list your current mileage too and list any pertinent details, like belt mileage.
dem0nk1d wrote:
So the final setup is Ncy var & Ncy drive face with 13g rollers, bored out stock exhaust, cone air filter hooked directly to throttle body, might look into the rear torque driver now... and some other mods.

So one more variable you need to state, as it is important to the equation. How much do you weigh?

Thanx. ;)
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Slickvic wrote:
ScooterMan wrote: Remember to only list mods that may affect speed (gearing/variator changes, exhausts, windscreens, rider weight, cargo boxes, etc). Remember to list your current mileage too and list any pertinent details, like belt mileage.
dem0nk1d wrote:

So one more variable you need to state, as it is important to the equation. How much do you weigh?

Thanx. ;)
210lbs 6'1"