Deck the Halls with.....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Deck the Halls with.....

Post by WhiteNoise »

.....What?
So what do ya'll think about sharing a little Holiday fun?
Here's our meeting place to Share anything and everything holiday related. C'mon ya'll know, things like:
Outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, tree decorating, food (yum), drinks (spirits, yumyum), desert (yumyumyum), festive pets, festive scoots, SantaBaby, silly captured moments, grumpy captured moments (ah, a few peeps come to mind :lol: ) and any and all related holiday cheer.
Got it? Alrighty then! Chime in! Let's Deck the Halls! :P

I'll be back.....with a photo I took just last night (OMGosh, so many lights on a townhouse!)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Deck the Halls with.....

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:.....What?
So what do ya'll think about sharing a little Holiday fun?
Here's our meeting place to Share anything and everything holiday related. C'mon ya'll know, things like:
Outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, tree decorating, food (yum), drinks (spirits, yumyum), desert (yumyumyum), festive pets, festive scoots, SantaBaby, silly captured moments, grumpy captured moments (ah, a few peeps come to mind :lol: ) and any and all related holiday cheer.
Got it? Alrighty then! Chime in! Let's Deck the Halls! :P

I'll be back.....with a photo I took just last night (OMGosh, so many lights on a townhouse!)

Desert?

Dessert :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Don't diss him if he wants to eat sand. The rest of us will have the dessert. By the way, I hope everyone does have a Happy Holiday. We won't, so you should.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

first things first. Thanks 2yous for correcting desert to dessert (as it "should" be ;) I repeat...yumyumyum
gn2, I clicked your link and then hit the back button :D Is He really bad?

It's so late, but I'm back with two pics. They are just "okay" shots. Oh well, it's a start.
When I took the one picture with "All those lights," the guy happened to be standing outside. He told me he was Not done yet ( o_O o_O ).
He was very proud indeed. I admire his patience and holiday spirit and I told him so. But, all those lights on a small piece of cake (property).....amazing! Music Too!
What do ya think about the snowman in the other photo, he looks kinda "tipsy" heh? Wonder what he's been sipping (only his decorator knows :lol:

Tonight on the TV, I snapped a pic of the famous Rockefeller Center NY "Tree Lighting." I will try to get posting that tamale :P Oh, so purdy
Attachments
12.3.13.2.jpg
12.3.13.2.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
12.3.13.jpg
12.3.13.jpg (22.03 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:Desert? ... Dessert :roll:
Spelled with two "S's" because we always want seconds.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ that there is Tasty thinking! 8) I must remember that one kram when the dessert('s) arrive :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:^^ that there is Tasty thinking! 8) I must remember that one kram when the dessert('s) arrive :D
It is the same with dinner and diner .... we want seconds with dinner, so there or two N's .... supper and super work that way as well ... No wonder I need to go on a diet, no matter what I eat, I want a second helping. :o
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Christmas cheer.
Attachments
Fosters tree.jpg
Fosters tree.jpg (141.22 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Even better
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386267409.044174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386267409.044174.jpg (176 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:^^ that there is Tasty thinking! 8) I must remember that one kram when the dessert('s) arrive :D
It is the same with dinner and diner .... we want seconds with dinner, so there or two N's .... supper and super work that way as well ... No wonder I need to go on a diet, no matter what I eat, I want a second helping. :o
No. It's silly, learn to spell propa
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kram, that really is cool. I'm sharing your reasoning with family already! :P

8) Nice trees guys! One of those might even get :? gn2 in the spirit of things :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hoping these pics aren't too big. Why oh why can't I change the size of my iPad photo's? Arg!
Guess I'll see what happens. So, I took these the other night (12/5) right off my TV screen. No, I wasn't in NYC this year for the "Lighting of the Tree," but I have been there in the past. If you ever come to NYC at this time of year, it's soo worth going and all the entertainment puts ya in the Holiday mood. Okay, let me give these pics a go (fingers crossed).

Wah......:( :cry: They're all too Big!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

WhiteNoise -
If you are having issues with pic size and are running a Windows environment, download pixresizer (http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm). Easy to use, does a nice job, and the price is right.

I'm working on getting the antlers on Rusty for a photo shoot, but I'm not sure that I want to risk the limbs...

Fun idea for a thread!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry folks, I really don't want to clutter up our Holiday thread chatting about my iPad photo woes, I'm just annoyed with Not being able to resize and share the photo's I've taken with my iPad3.
George I appreciate your trying to help (that's you :) by sharing the link. I'm a bit confused over the mention of running Windows environment. I have an iPad3, it's an Apple product, would that work for me? A note about Moi, I Am Not the smartest tool in the shed when it comes to hi-tech computer wa-hoo talk, so please try to help me on an elementary level like: abc, 123 (oh soo embarrassed now :oops:)
So tell me George, would pixresizer work on an iPad3? Any other if not this one?
Oh, good luck with Rusty's strike-a-pose photo-shoot, ya might want to buy a pair of those elbow height safety gloves first :lol: Woof!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well, I'm an old DOS/Windows PC kind of guy. I did, however, find https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-re ... d641931767 It appears to do what needs to be done, and the price seems to be right. Good luck - I expect with some searching, you will find something for the job if this one doesn't work out.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Can Somebody here fill in with a Holiday pic in the meantime? C'mon PCX'ers! Let's get in the Spirit!!! :P Get those cellphones, cameras and "good for nothing" iPads out! Today is the 8th already o_O Holy Smokes!!
(Place Lightbulb emoticon here) HEY! Is anyone decorating their scoot this year and parading round town? Got music to go along? Ever do it?
Back in Florida I rode around with various size vinyl decals on my med. Givi screen, so ezy to do. Self stick snowflakes, Santa, wreaths, "you know what I'm talkin' about" (said with New Yawk accent). I lived in a huge community and cruised around at 20-25mph. Gosh it was fun. I met a lot of folks that day. We shared smiles :P Oh, and my Santa hat? Look at me! No faceshield 8)

I hear my name being called......Time to Decorate out in the freezing temps! :o Burrr....& It's gonna snow!!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Holiday pic? Definitely!

(Warning: below content humorous but potentially slightly offensive)
I'm going to share with you the Southern tradition of playing "Reindeer Games!" I used to partake in this game every year during my childhood, particularly to one neighbor in general who was a combination of amused, offended, and hysterical with laughter each time it happened. They still don't know it was me all those years... Anyways, how-to:

1. Find a neighbor with a good sense of humor, and more than one lighted reindeer in their yard. This will do nicely:
IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG (293.76 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
2. Assist the male reindeer with mounting the female reindeer. These things have to make more reindeer somehow!
IMG_2121.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG (291.17 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
3. Step back and enjoy your handiwork, then run or drive away before you're noticed:
IMG_2123.JPG
IMG_2123.JPG (286.68 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
4. (optional) When they notice and put the reindeer back to normal, put a significantly smaller reindeer on their setup. We did this one year, and the neighbor lost it with laughter. She was sending photos to all her friends. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

Thanks for the "how to" guide. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I Love That!! :lol: What a Great idea! Wish my sis still had her huge reindeer, I'd def pull this stunt on her! 8)