New Member From Norfolk, UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lingwood
Year: 2012
Color: White

New Member From Norfolk, UK

Post by Lingwood »

Hi all from a new member :D
Been lurking around this site for a while now, ever since I was researching which scooter/bike to get.

I needed another mode of transport as the wife's new job meant she needed the car and I was fed up with running a cheap second car which inevitably needs loads spending on it. And I had always hankered after a scooter, but was hoping for something like a Vespa PX, but they're slow, thirsty, and rust prone.

I sort of narrowed it down to a PCX 125 or Honda CBF 125, I had had a Suzuki A100 and a Yamaha RXS100 in my younger years and liked riding a geared bike on a taster session so much that I didn't want to rule out a geared bike.

Anyways, long story short, I did my CBT on October 19 last year after buying a lovely white PCX from a chap in our village. It was registered May 2012, had 2100 miles on it and he had done 300 miles on it since buying it from the Honda dealer where I did my CBT. It had been serviced at 1800 miles when he bought it and was the dealers since new.

Chap also threw in a helmet, gloves, jacket, trousers and Givi box, (hardly used in the 300 summer miles he had done) so I was good to go.

Been commuting to work everyday since Oct 21 last year, 16 mile round trip. It's been down to around 2 centigrade a couple of mornings, but I don't get cold on the 20 min journey and wind chill isn't a problem at my pootling speeds :lol:

Thanks for all the tips and pointers that persuaded me to choose the PCX, I'm really pleased with it and can't wait for some summer scoot'ing!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: New Member From Norfolk, UK

Post by Alibally »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad your enjoying the bike. Not sure about a second hand helmet though. :)
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Greetings. :D
andy

Post by andy »

welcome......:-)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for the great intro! I agree a second family car gets costly, you made a wise choice adding a PCX. Welcome aboard :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Lingwood

Post by Lingwood »

Alibally wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad your enjoying the bike. Not sure about a second hand helmet though. :)
Hi Alibally, I know what you mean about the 2nd hand helmet, but it had only been used for 300 miles, was spotless, the geezer was nice and clean, and it was the perfect size as I'd been trying on helmets at Helmet City, and it was a Caberg Konda flip-front which I needed due to spectacles. I thought I'd see how I got on with it and I've now used it for 900 miles and it's well good :D

It didn't have the facility to fit a pinlock insert, but talking to a fellow scooterist/biker at work with a Caberg Duke it seemed the visors were identical. So I bought a spare new Pinlock insert he had, drilled my visor very carefully and it's now fog free! :D

Now looking around at open face helmets for the summertime, but not too sure about the reduced protection they offer
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I had a Konda and liked it. I believe that racevisors.co.uk have pinlock visors for that model of helmet. I just bought an AGV k4 evo as I didn't use the flip very much and is quite a bit lighter.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

....bootiful....
Tiily2

Post by Tiily2 »

Hello just joined forum and read your post on your pcx from january just bought one myself in same colour as yours with white givi topbox and givi screen . Your post caught my eye as i live quite near you in Upton . How are you getting on with it so far, i 've been through a few small capacity scoots and got to say think this is the best yet although still only got 130 mls on clock! Just sold several large capacity bikes as just dont use them anymore happier at 60mph anyway . regards Kevin.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Tiily2 wrote:Hello just joined forum and read your post on your pcx from january just bought one myself in same colour as yours with white givi topbox and givi screen . Your post caught my eye as i live quite near you in Upton . How are you getting on with it so far, i 've been through a few small capacity scoots and got to say think this is the best yet although still only got 130 mls on clock! Just sold several large capacity bikes as just dont use them anymore happier at 60mph anyway . regards Kevin.
Welcome to the forums Kevin. I trust that we will be a help for you and look forward to hearing more of your PCX adventures.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Lingwood

Post by Lingwood »

Tiily2 wrote:Hello just joined forum and read your post on your pcx from january just bought one myself in same colour as yours with white givi topbox and givi screen . Your post caught my eye as i live quite near you in Upton . How are you getting on with it so far, i 've been through a few small capacity scoots and got to say think this is the best yet although still only got 130 mls on clock! Just sold several large capacity bikes as just dont use them anymore happier at 60mph anyway . regards Kevin.
Hi Kevin and sorry for my very late reply to your post.

I just commute to Salhouse Road via Strumpshaw, Brundall, Postwick each day. The PCX is ideal :D

I often cycle through Upton, usually along Prince of Wales Rd as it's much more scenic than Cargate Lane.
A mate of mine keeps his broads yacht on the dyke, and after sailing last year we spent the evening in the White Horse as there was a beer festival on. We thought it was a crap festival as there was only a couple of beers on, but because we had to sit out front looking after our outboard and gear we hadn't ventured around back where there was a beer tent and band playing! Doh!

Anyway, happy Narfuk scoot-er-in!
Tiily2

Post by Tiily2 »

Thanks for reply glad things going well with the bike . Haven't used pcx much yet hoping to ride it tomorrow (sunday) to parents in Mulbarton ,still only 130 mls on clock ! Like you my commute is only approx 8 mls so bikes ideal used to have large capacity bikes but sold them now as just never used them anymore . Didnt go to the beer festival last year another one in August this year i think .If you see a (slightly) over weight middle aged man on a bike like yours Ha Ha ! give me a wave .

Have fun Kevin.