2014 New Model PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 2014 New Model PCX

Post by Vagabondman »

gn2 wrote:
Vagabondman wrote: Faux, I'm in the same boat...or um scooter so to speak. I too am waiting for news about the new 2014 Honda coming to the states(and in white hopefully). But you're not gonna get a str8 answer from a dealer, so don't waste your breath. Even if they knew, they want to move their stock, so they wouldn't tell you diddly squat.

I've heard some credible rumors that Honda may make an announcement in early May regarding the new PCX. I was gonna wait until around May anyway...so I guess I'll find out soon. But if they do announce the new PCX in May, isn't that kinda late for a release this year? Crossing me fingers.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Post if you hear any news!

Cheers,

VM
No point looking at the horizon to see what's coming next.
There will always be something new just over it.
Look around your local scooter shops and choose from what is available.
True. Same applies for computers. But since I wasn't planning on buying until May...who knows. :-)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Spot-on about computers.
If you had told me ten years ago that you could one day buy a brand new dual-core touchscreen tablet with no moving parts and totally silent with wifi, bluetooth, usb and tv-out for £50 I would have laughed in your face.....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Does the new 2014 still have 6mm holes in the disc brakes? Just wanted to purchase some security gear ahead of my purchase.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Spot-on about computers.
If you had told me ten years ago that you could one day buy a brand new dual-core touchscreen tablet with no moving parts and totally silent with wifi, bluetooth, usb and tv-out for £50 I would have laughed in your face.....
But what colour? And what if I wait another two months?
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

The 2015 PCX150 is the updated version coming to the US and the price hasn't changed. Honda also announced a new NM4 model that looks very interesting.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

scisor, me and I'm sure others would like to know where you got that info from? Can you share an article or ? :roll: (Are you on the inside looking out? Business wise?) Give us all ya got, we be a curious lot! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

WhiteNoise wrote:scisor, me and I'm sure others would like to know where you got that info from? Can you share an article or ? :roll: (Are you on the inside looking out? Business wise?) Give us all ya got, we be a curious lot! :D
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?t=2377
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

I've found new manual in PDF, but only italian language. Here it is.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
fauxpas

Post by fauxpas »

The 2015 models are on Honda's website. Case closed!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Applause, Applause, Applause!
Very Exciting News!! :P How about that! July.
Let's see if they deliver on time (ah, to Honda stores). Been through this before :roll:
What's yer color choice folks....Black or the White?
(EzyPeasy answer for me ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fauxpas wrote:The 2015 models are on Honda's website. Case closed!

That'll worry VM. He's holding out for the 2016 model...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ ya think? Bait is cast, what say ye VM?
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Oh I'll be buying a nice white 2015 PCX, you can be sure. I just saw the honda website. Made my day. See, patience pays off. All good things come to those who wait. :-P
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

you you wrote:
fauxpas wrote:The 2015 models are on Honda's website. Case closed!

That'll worry VM. He's holding out for the 2016 model...
Ha. Ha. I've only been posting for 6 months or so. Living in NY, I knew I wasn't gonna buy in the winter here(and it was a brutal one this year)...I was just waiting for the spring, and to see if they were gonna update it. Well, I gots me wish...AND in white. So glad I didn't give into the pressure here and buy earlier. Heh heh heh. :-P
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

VM do you have faith that they will be on NY showroom floors by July (this year)? I tend to think by Fall myself. Hope I'm wrong. It was a pleasant surprise to see White coming back :) guess we chanted louder than we thought :P Cheers patient one
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Well, I hope so. But ya never know. Guess we will find out. But I'm thinking that since it's already available in Asia & Europe...it will be here in time for the summer. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. But I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

ChangNoi wrote:It's here! I had originally intended to get black, but a candy red one came in first and I couldn't wait any longer (just like a kid at Christmas time!). Price in Thailand was 82,000 baht, all in, including first year full coverage insurance, a helmet, a cover, and 2 years of free scheduled maintenance. That's about $2,500 at the current exchange rate. It's a 4,500 baht price increase over last year (about $135).

New is a digital clock in the instrument cluster and a 12v cigarette lighter outlet hidden behind a door on the left side of the frame (good for recharging a cell phone or other applications). Improvements include an 8 liter fuel tank, LED lighting front and rear, and some kind of improvement in the type of tires, but I couldn't understand exactly what he was trying to explain.
Tires may be different for the U.S. market.

One feature I really like is what I call "find your vehicle amongst the masses". I think this may have been on last year's model also, but you can push a button on the remote and the horn will beep and the marker lights will flash for a few seconds. Very helpful here in Thailand where you might find yourself parking among a thousand or more motorbikes in a busy shopping area!

This bike is powerful enough that I wouldn't mind taking a moderate length trip, say 100 miles or less. Will post more later, and maybe some scenic views of Thailand, although where I am in the northeast is not exactly a tourist destination.
Honda1.jpg
Honda2.jpg
Honda 3.jpg
Honda 4.jpg
Honda 5.jpg
Hiya,

Does the new dash tell you fuel consumption as well??

Saurabh
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
ChangNoi wrote:It's here! I had originally intended to get black, but a candy red one came in first and I couldn't wait any longer (just like a kid at Christmas time!). Price in Thailand was 82,000 baht, all in, including first year full coverage insurance, a helmet, a cover, and 2 years of free scheduled maintenance. That's about $2,500 at the current exchange rate. It's a 4,500 baht price increase over last year (about $135).

New is a digital clock in the instrument cluster and a 12v cigarette lighter outlet hidden behind a door on the left side of the frame (good for recharging a cell phone or other applications). Improvements include an 8 liter fuel tank, LED lighting front and rear, and some kind of improvement in the type of tires, but I couldn't understand exactly what he was trying to explain.

One feature I really like is what I call "find your vehicle amongst the masses". I think this may have been on last year's model also, but you can push a button on the remote and the horn will beep and the marker lights will flash for a few seconds. Very helpful here in Thailand where you might find yourself parking among a thousand or more motorbikes in a busy shopping area!

This bike is powerful enough that I wouldn't mind taking a moderate length trip, say 100 miles or less. Will post more later, and maybe some scenic views of Thailand, although where I am in the northeast is not exactly a tourist destination.
Honda1.jpg
Honda2.jpg
Honda 3.jpg
Honda 4.jpg
Honda 5.jpg
Hiya,

Saurabh
Yes, average km/l or miles/l depending on where you are in the world. Mine flits between 41km/l when I going on high-speed longer journeys. When you go on short low-speed trips expect to see 50km/l+.

I think it's more useful than the clock. It's linked to the trip counter so you can reset it easily.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:

Honda1.jpg
Honda2.jpg
Honda 3.jpg
Honda 4.jpg
Honda 5.jpg
Hiya,

Saurabh
Yes, average km/l or miles/l depending on where you are in the world. Mine flits between 41km/l when I going on high-speed longer journeys. When you go on short low-speed trips expect to see 50km/l+.

I think it's more useful than the clock. It's linked to the trip counter so you can reset it easily.
Thats not bad. Good to see such useful additions on 125s by honda.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

There are many little things to like on the new model. I love having a hazard light switch, charging my phone on the go is a godsend and LED lighting is much better.

It's the little things that make all the difference