2014 New Model PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 2014 New Model PCX

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

The 2014 looks nice. I like the charger and the LED lights, and the larger fuel capacity. Also looks like there's a place to mount a top case on the back - maybe without drilling holes like the 2013?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Looks like the dealer in Bangkok just got a whole lot of the 2014's in .... a few different colours too.
Attachments
2014 Thai Release A.jpg
2014 Thai Release A.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
2014 Thai Release B.jpg
2014 Thai Release B.jpg (172.95 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Argh! This is not fair! All those shiney new 2014 PCXes in Bangkok, and not one here in the states yet.

I'll take one of those white ones thank you. :-)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Honda Chiswick just advised the infamous April date but only limited supplies at first - which despite wanting to sell one if probably going to be true. However, unlike what some dealers advised me earlier, in that Honda had advised the 2014 prices already and the price would be the same, the rep said Honda have confirmed the new one will sell for £2699!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Yep, new price for 2014 PCX is £2699 - two dealers have confirmed.
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

I can confirm 2790EUR for 150 PCX in Slovakia, EU (I've already prepaid and awaiting now I know where the all sitting on, in Bangkok).
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

BrAtKo wrote:I can confirm 2790EUR for 150 PCX in Slovakia, EU (I've already prepaid and awaiting now I know where the all sitting on, in Bangkok).
- about £2300 for a 150 version! (rip off Britain as usual)
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

iceman wrote: about £2300 for a 150 version! (rip off Britain as usual)
Maybe a little trip to Slovakia and ride back on a new 150 would still see you better off ?
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Same price in Czech anyway. Example 69990 CZK for 125.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Scottish wrote:
iceman wrote: about £2300 for a 150 version! (rip off Britain as usual)
Maybe a little trip to Slovakia and ride back on a new 150 would still see you better off ?
Doubt there would be any warranty and cannot ride a 150 on a CBT licence in the UK :( (some years back, up to about 250cc was allowed).
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

I wonder if I can fly to Bangkok. Buy a nice new white 2014 pcx there, and then ship it to the US. Heh heh heh.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Vagabondman wrote:I wonder if I can fly to Bangkok. Buy a nice new white 2014 pcx there, and then ship it to the US. Heh heh heh.
At least you wouldn't have those ugly stick out post signal lights. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ton1984

Post by Ton1984 »

any one got the link to the offer in one of the london dealer ? Maby is to chanse for pre-ordering ?
fauxpas

Post by fauxpas »

New to this forum, but I've owned many bikes over the last 40 years, except a scooter....shame on me! Anyway, it's time to purchase my first PCX, and I'm seeing websites and blogs regarding the revised 2014 PCX 150, but nothing in the U.S. Has anyone learned anything new recently? I too have contacted my local dealer...no news. I even called Honda U.S. Headquarters....no info there either! I really like the addition of the 12v accessory outlet (I suppose that is an easy do-it-yourself installation), the larger fuel tank (probably not necessary, but....), and the White color (not so easy do-it-yourself!). I really don't want to go buy the scooter today, only to find out tomorrow...well, you understand. Thanks for any light someone could shed on this subject! And thanks for providing another great resource for all of us!
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

fauxpas wrote:New to this forum, but I've owned many bikes over the last 40 years, except a scooter....shame on me! Anyway, it's time to purchase my first PCX, and I'm seeing websites and blogs regarding the revised 2014 PCX 150, but nothing in the U.S. Has anyone learned anything new recently? I too have contacted my local dealer...no news. I even called Honda U.S. Headquarters....no info there either! I really like the addition of the 12v accessory outlet (I suppose that is an easy do-it-yourself installation), the larger fuel tank (probably not necessary, but....), and the White color (not so easy do-it-yourself!). I really don't want to go buy the scooter today, only to find out tomorrow...well, you understand. Thanks for any light someone could shed on this subject! And thanks for providing another great resource for all of us!
Faux, I'm in the same boat...or um scooter so to speak. I too am waiting for news about the new 2014 Honda coming to the states(and in white hopefully). But you're not gonna get a str8 answer from a dealer, so don't waste your breath. Even if they knew, they want to move their stock, so they wouldn't tell you diddly squat.

I've heard some credible rumors that Honda may make an announcement in early May regarding the new PCX. I was gonna wait until around May anyway...so I guess I'll find out soon. But if they do announce the new PCX in May, isn't that kinda late for a release this year? Crossing me fingers.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Post if you hear any news!

Cheers,

VM
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Soon to get one of the new ones (UK) - hope there are no issues with a new design, but as it's much like the old PCX any niggles should have been ironed out by now.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Vagabondman wrote: Faux, I'm in the same boat...or um scooter so to speak. I too am waiting for news about the new 2014 Honda coming to the states(and in white hopefully). But you're not gonna get a str8 answer from a dealer, so don't waste your breath. Even if they knew, they want to move their stock, so they wouldn't tell you diddly squat.

I've heard some credible rumors that Honda may make an announcement in early May regarding the new PCX. I was gonna wait until around May anyway...so I guess I'll find out soon. But if they do announce the new PCX in May, isn't that kinda late for a release this year? Crossing me fingers.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Post if you hear any news!

Cheers,

VM
No point looking at the horizon to see what's coming next.
There will always be something new just over it.
Look around your local scooter shops and choose from what is available.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fauxpas

Post by fauxpas »

GN2, That's what Henry Ford said about the Model -T: " Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants, so long as it is black". I already have transportation, so I don't mind waiting a bit. Thanks for your opinion though.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Wasn't aimed at you, VM has been fannying around since autumn last year prevaricating over whether or not to buy a scooter.
From across the Atlantic here in Bonnie Scotland I can see that there's no shortage of scooters for sale in the big apple, so why someone who lives there can't find one is beyond me.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

The local dealer here in Melbourne, Australia has no clue about a new 2014 model (or so he says). Don't think the new 2014 will be released here until the old stock sells out or around 3rd or last quarter of this year. Anyway, didn't want to wait that long so I got myself the 2013 model. I do liek the idea of the 12v power in the glove box of the 2014 model though.