PCX 125 project

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

zoellies

PCX 125 project

Post by zoellies »

Hi there everyone, i have just bought myself a 2011 honda pcx 125 as i really like the scooter and have bought it with the intention of making it go as fast as i can.. i know its a slow scooter and its very economical, but i need something with more acceleration and the pcx is the only scooter of its kind thats light enough and easy enough for me to ride due to disabilities...

so i have seen the video on youtube of the pcx doing 0-62 in 9 seconds and topping out at just over 90mph, now this is ideal for me and i want to get my little black pcx up to that spec.. and then some, if possible.. money isn't a concern here, nor is fuel economy to a point (it only has a small tank after all lol)...

from what i can gather to get the pcx to go that speed i would need to fit these parts..

-Yuminashi 164cc Light Bore Kit (60mm piston voor original Head)
-Yuminashi Inertia Power Booster Set
-Yuminashi STS Spring (Sports Torque Spring)
-Yuminashi Billet CNC X250RR 8.6 Camshaft (14100-KWN-25086)
-Yuminashi Progressive 2-Valve Spring Conversion Set
-Yuminashi 31mm Manifold Set
-Yuminashi 31mm Throttle Body
-Yuminashi v.2013 variator speed booster

so what i want to know is how hard is it to get these parts in the uk?
how long would it take to set it all up?
are there alternatives to this set up that would be better? i am not apposed to using other brands, malossi etc..
or are there any extra things to add to this that would make it better?
how badly would this effect the fuel economy?

i have a friend who can install all the bits and do the whole works for me.. so the mechanical side of things is not an issue, but he has said to me to just get the bits i want installing and he will do it for nothing as he is a good mate and a great bike and car mechanic... as i said this is a project, i bought the bike with the sole intention of modifying it to get the most out of it that i can for fun on the back roads and dual dual carriageway... i am getting a bigger maxi scooter to do a full trike conversion with for longer motorway rides when i need more comfort... at the moment my PCX only shows about 57-60mph on the clock and that sucks lol

any help is greatly appreciated and i am looking forward to finding my way around the forum, i have been browsing for a couple of days before i joined and there seems to be a weath of knowledge here..

cheers

Z
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: PCX 125 project

Post by Mgalutia88 »

The first thing to know is the video with yuminashi parts on you tube has a speedometer error of roughly 8-9%. That means he's doing roughly 82-83mph. Use a gps app or a gps to see if your speedo is accurate or off.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I have several videos on youtube of things I have done. The biggest help without a gearing change is to use a malossi, takegawa, daytona, NCY or Yuminashi variator along with a reinforced belt and a KN Planning torque cam or torque driver (webike lists it as a torque cam). These will give you gearing to reach 89mph actual speed. Then it's just adding power from there.
zoellies

Post by zoellies »

Hi Mglutia88, and thanks for your reply..

thats fine i didnt expect it to be 100% accurate, as no spedos are lol i will do a gps test to see how far mine is out, but on the stand it hits the limiter at 62mph..

anyway i am not apposed to changing the gearing, but if its not needed then i wont do it mate... i am a complete novice with mechanics myself but am wanting to learn as i have the spare time on my hands these days and it will give me something to do..

in your opinion who makes the best variator? is there a particular one that is better suited to the torque cam you have stated.. sorry for all the questions but as i said i am a novice lol

i used to have a yamaha r125 that used to do 84mph standard so if i could hit them speeds or more i would be happy, but i also want acceleration for overtaking etc..

what do you think of the 164 light bore kit? or is there another kit that you can buy from malossi or another manufacturer..

thanks in advance buddy..

Z
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

tbh your biggest gain are in the "gearing" meaning variator and torque cam as mgalutia stated hes on a stock 150 so even a 125 would likely hit 75 at least with that setup
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

zoellies wrote:Hi Mglutia88, and thanks for your reply..

thats fine i didnt expect it to be 100% accurate, as no spedos are lol i will do a gps test to see how far mine is out, but on the stand it hits the limiter at 62mph..

anyway i am not apposed to changing the gearing, but if its not needed then i wont do it mate... i am a complete novice with mechanics myself but am wanting to learn as i have the spare time on my hands these days and it will give me something to do..

in your opinion who makes the best variator? is there a particular one that is better suited to the torque cam you have stated.. sorry for all the questions but as i said i am a novice lol

i used to have a yamaha r125 that used to do 84mph standard so if i could hit them speeds or more i would be happy, but i also want acceleration for overtaking etc..

what do you think of the 164 light bore kit? or is there another kit that you can buy from malossi or another manufacturer..

thanks in advance buddy..

Z
Contact RZ Racing in Netherlands for the parts you want...
zoellies

Post by zoellies »

mikelx5 wrote:tbh your biggest gain are in the "gearing" meaning variator and torque cam as mgalutia stated hes on a stock 150 so even a 125 would likely hit 75 at least with that setup
Yeah cheers mate, changing these was always going to be done one way of the other... how long does it take to change the variator and torque cam? is it a big job, or something one could tackle by himself with some basic tools and a good bit of research? and if i would hit 70ish with the stock cylinder kit, what would it be like with a 164 cylinder kit, or a 180? i really want to squeeze every last bit of power out of this thing lol

thanks for your reply..

Z
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

A 164 kit would run really strong. Oakeri-japan carries a 2.5:1 yuminashi gear ratio kit. That should be able to put you over 100mph if you do the torque driver and vario too. This is of course as long as you have the power to pull it.

The vario and clutch assembly are most easily removed with an impact. From here you'll benefit from some experience with the rear torque driver, however, the variator is easy to replace.
zoellies

Post by zoellies »

Many thanks again Maglutia88...

i cant find anything online about the 2.5:1 yuminashi gear kit mate? there is one on the yuminashi home page but i dont think its what you are talking about.. its called a FORGED GEAR SPROCKET SET 15/45 (3.0) but i assume this is not the same...

you say as long as you have enough power to pull it, will the 164 kit take care of that then?

as you can tell i am pretty clueless here.. but really want to turn this thing into a rocket! 100mph? sounds good to me!!!

Z
zoellies

Post by zoellies »

what about this kit..

http://www.pcxracing.com/product.php?id_product=70

and with a new variator and the sprocket set that you mentioned.. how would you say it would perform there?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Like the video on youtube. Add a torque cam and lower gears and it would keep going.

2.375 gears
http://www.okaeri-japan.fr/index.php?pa ... t&Itemid=3
Mightyhonu

Post by Mightyhonu »

What else is recommended with the Takegawa variator, a reinforced belt and kn planning torque cam? Do I need a contra spring and clutch springs? Everything is stock on my pcx150 but I am looking to get a higher top end.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I'm currently thinking that the torque cam may actually not be a great idea. It adds too much top end and so unless you start really tuning in the weights its a pain. With an NCY variator WITH the torque cam and 10.5g average weight in the variator I can hit 80mph. Now the only real issue is that its hard to cruise at 75 with that setup. You lose too much top end with the extension in ratios.

I have not gotten to really decide where to start my testing with this as my engine is internally stock.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

mgalutia do you have the contra spring
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster