Finally seen a PCX on the road!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Finally seen a PCX on the road!

Post by iceman »

Saw my first PCX this evening outside of a dealer - not many of them round many parts of North London or I've just missed them - seen lots of Visions though. One day, April-May time that will be me on a new 2014 model :)
Ton1984

Re: Finally seen a PCX on the road!

Post by Ton1984 »

can't wait :o
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

The dealers here in Melbourne, Australia say the PCX's sell like hotcakes but have barely ever seen any on the road (and I'm on the road ALOT). I'm guessing its one of their salemans tactics to get you into one before they supposedly RUN OUT? LOL.
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

We are out riding a lot. I have seen a grand total of ONE PCX (besides ours) in the past year. I read that they are selling well - really thought I'd be seeing more of 'em. We get questions about ours from people in parking lots and at stop lights almost every outing.
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

It seems where Honda scooters are concerned, many people prefer the flat-bed type scooters rather than the PCX style. Still see quite a lot of Visions, not sure 50 or 110 but almost daily now. Not surprising seeing for town use it's perfectly adequate as traffic rarely goes above 30-40.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I know why we don't see many Chinese people riding scooters, if that will help. I received something in the mail today from China, and it had the following warning.
Chinese warning on battery.jpg
Chinese warning on battery.jpg (11.94 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Get rid of children
ImageImage
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

CaptnJim wrote:We are out riding a lot. I have seen a grand total of ONE PCX (besides ours) in the past year. I read that they are selling well - really thought I'd be seeing more of 'em. We get questions about ours from people in parking lots and at stop lights almost every outing.
Well I guess now I will definately be seeing at least one every day. MINE :lol: So any others spotted on the road is a sweet bonus and shall be getting a friendly nod of acknowledgement from me (if I'm riding mine at the time that is...otherwise would be kinda creepy and weird if I was driving).
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:Well, I know why we don't see many Chinese people riding scooters, if that will help. I received something in the mail today from China, and it had the following warning.
Chinese warning on battery.jpg
Don't let maddiedog see this ... tell him to keep Noah. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

Although my son now drives the PCX most of the time and I the Forza, I do see one other PCX parked most days at one of the colleges where I teach. I've shared the parking space with him/her a few times, but I have no idea who the person it. I really do prefer the PCX red to the Forza red. My biggest complaint with the US Forza -- you can have any color you want as long as you want bright, slightly-orange red.
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Greenmeenie »

CaptnJim wrote:We are out riding a lot. I have seen a grand total of ONE PCX (besides ours) in the past year. I read that they are selling well - really thought I'd be seeing more of 'em. We get questions about ours from people in parking lots and at stop lights almost every outing.
I live in NY, and I've only seen one as well. Maybe this is why Honda hasn't released the 2014 update in the US. Hopefully they will, but I can't help but think they haven't yet because the 2013 PCX isn't selling well. Could it be the same reason why Kawasaki announced the J300(their first maxi scoot) in Europe & Asia, but NOT in the US? That they just don't think there is a market for them here?

I think there is. And I'm sure many on this forum do...but apparrently the manufacturers don't.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:Saw my first PCX this evening outside of a dealer - not many of them round many parts of North London or I've just missed them - seen lots of Visions though. One day, April-May time that will be me on a new 2014 model :)

Hi Iceman,

I pre ordered mine on 1st april and picking up this saturday from farnhan honda. Cant wait.

Saurabh
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I've had mine since last June and I saw my first one last Saturday when my husband was taking my scooter in to be repaired from my accident and I was following him. I've seen a couple of other scooters but this was my first PCX I've seen.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:Saw my first PCX this evening outside of a dealer - not many of them round many parts of North London or I've just missed them - seen lots of Visions though. One day, April-May time that will be me on a new 2014 model :)
Hi Iceman, I pre ordered mine on 1st april and picking up this saturday from farnhan honda. Cant wait. Saurabh
I envy you! So wanting to go on the road now. Before the purchase I've ordered some bits inc. a Datatool choc lock for the brake/accelerator (just a small extra for when left at the shops), but still looking into what disc brake and chain to get - the Xena's get good ratings but seem to be a little too sensitive and go off far too often (I leave for work the early hours of the morning, don't want to annoy the neighbours in the evening with false alarms and 5am when I leave!). Think I'm going for white now :)
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
Hi Iceman, I pre ordered mine on 1st april and picking up this saturday from farnhan honda. Cant wait. Saurabh
I envy you! So wanting to go on the road now. Before the purchase I've ordered some bits inc. a Datatool choc lock for the brake/accelerator (just a small extra for when left at the shops), but still looking into what disc brake and chain to get - the Xena's get good ratings but seem to be a little too sensitive and go off far too often (I leave for work the early hours of the morning, don't want to annoy the neighbours in the evening with false alarms and 5am when I leave!). Think I'm going for white now :)
Good choice... I wanted the matt before however changed after the maintenance issues with it.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Saw a lot of motorcycles in the smoky mountains today. Saw one pcx in cosby, Tennessee when we were turning to go to our vacation rental
ImageImage
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

logepoge1 wrote:Saw a lot of motorcycles in the smoky mountains today. Saw one pcx in cosby, Tennessee when we were turning to go to our vacation rental
You should have brought yours up with you. We could have had a Smokey Mtn.rally!
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Nah mine is almost repaired. Have to solder the connections on turn signals cause when they broke off and I taped them up there is too much tension for the tape to hold. Besides I don't really want to drive it the 13 hours it took us to drive here
ImageImage
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

I've seen 2 here in Devon UK.
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Saw my first Piaggio MP3 this weekend in Richmond. The rider was chipper and happy to talk intelligently about the pros and cons of ownership. The scoot was fitted with full touring bags and looked immaculate.

Aarrrrgghhhhh! I want the 2015 PCX but.....may not have the strength to wait!