4000 K Service

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

ozshankar

4000 K Service

Post by ozshankar »

Hi
I am new to this forum and am really thankful for the quality and quantity of info here. Recently I have been experiencing a starting problem. But before posting the issue I am trying to do some basic checks and trouble shooting.

I bought a new PCX 125 (2011 model) new in Sept 2012, did the 1000K service with dealer in April 2013 (for some $300 or so from memory), The scooter has 4000K now (Mar 2014).

The dealer (in Sydney) is quoting $410 (plus whatever extra to diagnose the starting issues).

Guys, is $410 a reasonable quote for the 4000K service?

Where can I get myself a service manual to do the thing myself? The 1 year limited warranty period is long gone. Are there any warranty issues doing it by oneself?

I will post more on my start-up problem issue shortly.

Regards

OZS
stone

Re: 4000 K Service

Post by stone »

what do the servicing comprise of at 4000K, anyone got a list of what will be done at each service interval?
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

stone wrote:what do the servicing comprise of at 4000K, anyone got a list of what will be done at each service interval?
It is in owners manual freely available to download.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
ozshankar

Post by ozshankar »

stone wrote:what do the servicing comprise of at 4000K, anyone got a list of what will be done at each service interval?
Thanks Stone. This is what I found From the Owner's manual for 4000K Servicing -

I = Inspect and clean, adjust Lubricate or replace if necessary the following items:

Fuel Line, Aircleaner, Valve clearance, Engine idle speed, Battery, Battery Fluid, Break Shoes / Pad wear, Brake system, Brake Light System, Brake Lock Operation, Headlight Aim, Side stand, Suspension, Wheels/Tyres

C = Clean the following items:

Spark Plug.
stone

Post by stone »

That seems like a lot of money to be paying for the checks.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

It is a lot of money. But there is a lot of plastic that has to be carefully removed. I'm probably in for one more factory service before I get the service manual and try to do stuff myself. Elsewise, the money saved in fuel will be totally eclipsed by service.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)